It's starting to look like EU need us.....

Guest pelmetman

You're just making up realities now, where the previous deal - negotiated and signed by your darling with an 80-seat majority - was someone else's fault.

Sefcovic: “The EU will not agree to a renegotiation of the Protocol. The EU’s focus remains on identifying long-term, flexible and practical solutions to address issues related to the practical implementation of the Protocol that citizens and businesses in NI are experiencing.” Interested in practical solutions. Not dogmatic. While sticking to the agreement.

But the ECJ is staying. All Johnson and co have done is demonstrated that the uk is untrustworthy.

Me? I love the way most of the EU deal with Brexit now as a minor agenda point in Commission meetings and right leaning UK media are still obsessed on perceived point scoring. It's adorable

IMG_20211013_233002_compress93.thumb.jpg.22408dafa150d608297a14d3c2e50f12.jpg

pelmetman - 2021-10-13 10:13 PM

More then we need EU >:-) ........

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10088983/EU-climbs-Northern-Ireland-Brexit-agreement-agreeing-axe-hated-goods-checks.html

That'll have the LOSER Chimps & Co gibbering (lol) (lol) (lol) .......

I am trying to match Brian Kirby's patience so I will try again.

How many more lies would the Daily Mail have to print before you stop believing and quoting them?

It would seem that the EU have been formulating new proposals to get the protocol working, meanwhile the UK knowing this decided to make a last minute demand so it looked like they where somehow 'in charge'.

It will be interesting to see what happens to the 'red line' of the ECJ.

colin - 2021-10-14 9:53 AM

It would seem that the EU have been formulating new proposals to get the protocol working, meanwhile the UK knowing this decided to make a last minute demand so it looked like they where somehow 'in charge'.

The ECJ is only relevant because NI remains in the single market. NI only remains in the single market because the Belfast Agreement cannot be sustained were it to leave. Maintaining NI within the single market automatically creates a customs border between NI and UK.

The only person who seemed to think otherwise when advised this would be the outcome, was Johnson - who assured the Ulster Unionists that nothing of the sort would happen. Despite this assurance, he went on to sign an international treaty enshrining NI within the single market.

He now appears surprised that the advice he was given before he signed has remained true after he signed.

He is no more, and no less, than the author of his own, our, and NI's, discomfort.

The pigeons may still be on the wing - albeit looking a bit bruised and battered - but one day, sooner or later, they will all head back to their roost!

I'm just waiting for the moment when the child in the crowd blurts out the truth about his new suit of clothes! :-D

A considered evaluation of what Johnson and co are playing at.

https://inews.co.uk/opinion/brexit-northern-ireland-protocol-david-frost-eu-trade-war-1247099

Now I suspect Mr Frost rather likes the idea of a few years engaged in a bitter dispute with the EU. But the price would be declining investment, currency volatility, international isolation, perpetual business uncertainty and trade war. That decline in investment is already happening, and will presumably only continue until we rejoin the Biggest, Richest Free-Trade Bloc on the Planet, that happens to be only 21 Miles away ...

https://t.co/Zzo6dzWkcm

IMG_20211014_174229.jpg.9b3758fcd03f97a48b232209bd099a3b.jpg

Guest pelmetman

Its standard practice to demand more than you actually want ;-) .........

Personaly I'd be more than happy to pass NI on the EU as a leaving gift :D ........

Seeing as its only a matter of time before the Protties are out numbered by the Bogies :-> .........

Brian Kirby - 2021-10-14 12:41 PM

pelmetman - 2021-10-14 7:50 AM

Gibber gibber (lol) (lol) (lol) ..........

Dave, I think that is one of the most intelligent things I think you have ever said on here.

Bit unfair Brian.

I am sure he as uttered the odd Wibble.

wibble.jpg.509cdf587596eed152837eaa859a51aa.jpg

What is funny is that the concessions "won" by Mr Frost means UK aligning on EU standards in the areas that they drop checks. The only way a smart border system would work is if the UK and EU align on data sharing and data protection - any system that stores personal data will involve the UK keeping GDPR.

So these latest developments are a good thing, because the only way it is going to work is closer alignment with the EU. It just wont be called that and Im sure Johnson will deny the reality of it. As will the members of his cult.

CurtainRaiser - 2021-10-15 9:50 AM

What is funny is that the concessions "won" by Mr Frost means UK aligning on EU standards in the areas that they drop checks. The only way a smart border system would work is if the UK and EU align on data sharing and data protection - any system that stores personal data will involve the UK keeping GDPR.

So these latest developments are a good thing, because the only way it is going to work is closer alignment with the EU. It just wont be called that and Im sure Johnson will deny the reality of it. As will the members of his cult.

I suspect this is what will happen across the board. They will just spend all their time trying to disguise it to save face. Its already happened as we know and they have still kicked the can down the road with incoming checks. We are in deep sh1t and continuing to try and stuff the square pegs into the round holes was never going to and will never work. I dont care what they call it as long as it happens.

Wake me up when they reinstate Freedom of Movement but call it something else so I can naff off to Provence again all summer instead of Scotland and the Lake District.

Guest pelmetman

The UK like every other country in the world has to comply with other countries standards, so I dont see why you LOSERS see it as a concession? :-S .............

At least we wont be paying £350 million quid a week for the privilige (lol) (lol) (lol) ..........

pelmetman - 2021-10-15 10:59 AM

The UK like every other country in the world has to comply with other countries standards, so I dont see why you LOSERS see it as a concession? :-S .............

At least we wont be paying £350 million quid a week for the privilige (lol) (lol) (lol) ..........

Yet again you demonstrate your ignorance.

Remember the level playing field arguments over the deal?

And how do you hope to get trade deals if you are not prepared to water down our current EU standards?

And as to the £350m, why has Johnson had to put up NI to fund the NHS?

pelmetman - 2021-10-15 8:11 AM

Its standard practice to demand more than you actually want ;-) .........

Personaly I'd be more than happy to pass NI on the EU as a leaving gift :D ........

Seeing as its only a matter of time before the Protties are out numbered by the Bogies :-> .........

I've spent many years negotiating with unions, once you set out a 'red line' you don't concede that unless you want to look a fool and weak. As both sides have set the ECJ as a 'red line' one or other seem set to get egg on their face, unless there is some sort of compromise such as a NI/UK representative with a temporary place on ECJ with matter relating to the Protocol.

That you are so enamoured of Sinn Fien and the SNP that you wish to see them attain their goals is duly noted.

Barryd999 - 2021-10-15 9:16 AM

Brian Kirby - 2021-10-14 12:41 PM

pelmetman - 2021-10-14 7:50 AM

Gibber gibber (lol) (lol) (lol) ..........

Dave, I think that is one of the most intelligent things I think you have ever said on here.

Bit unfair Brian.

I am sure he as uttered the odd Wibble.

True Barry, but I've always felt a gibber was somehow more positive than a wibble. :-D

pelmetman - 2021-10-15 10:59 AM............................

1 The UK like every other country in the world has to comply with other countries standards, so I dont see why you LOSERS see it as a concession? :-S .............

2 At least we wont be paying £350 million quid a week for the privilige (lol) (lol) (lol) ..........

1 Really Dave? Makes one wonder why on earth we left the single market, then, doesn't it?

2 The EU did not cost the UK £350m a week, because that figure omitted the UK’s rebate, leaving £252M per week. Of this, £87M came back to the UK in payment for EU projects in the UK, leaving a net cost of £165M.

Johnson and Vote leave were both censured for that lie during the referendum, so why are you still peddling it? If you can't make sense you could at least try to be accurate. :-S

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2021-10-15 5:05 PM

1 The UK like every other country in the world has to comply with other countries standards, so I dont see why you LOSERS see it as a concession? :-S .............

2 At least we wont be paying £350 million quid a week for the privilige (lol) (lol) (lol) ..........

1 Really Dave? Makes one wonder why on earth we left the single market, then, doesn't it?

2 The EU did not cost the UK £350m a week, because that figure omitted the UK’s rebate, leaving £252M per week. Of this, £87M came back to the UK in payment for EU projects in the UK, leaving a net cost of £165M.

Johnson and Vote leave were both censured for that lie during the referendum, so why are you still peddling it? If you can't make sense you could at least try to be accurate. :-S

The gross figure WAS £350 million a week.......the fact that the EU gave us back some small change hardly makes up for the billions British workers lost due to cheap EU labour does it? *-) ............

pelmetman - 2021-10-15 5:29 PM

The gross figure WAS £350 million a week.......the fact that the EU gave us back some small change hardly makes up for the billions British workers lost due to cheap EU labour does it? *-) ............

You still haven't answered the question as to how you hope to get trade deals if you are not prepared to water down our current EU standards?

pelmetman - 2021-10-13 10:13 PM

More then we need EU >:-) ........

Er...no!

Still, if it makes you feel better for voting the wrong way...let's say yes to humour you (but that's no more true than the words on the big red bus that you fell in love with).

Keep on fawning to the poster of the fat controller that you no doubt have pinned up on your bedroom wall (I can hear you now, ooh...aah..I fantasise about being Carrie...take me oh fat sweaty one...)

1 The gross figure WAS £350 million a week.......

2 the fact that the EU gave us back some small change hardly makes up for the billions British workers lost due to cheap EU labour does it? *-) ............

1 So if you owe someone £35, and they offer you a £9.80 discount on that, on top of which they owe you £8.70, how much do you pay them? £35, or £ 16.50?

2 Got the facts and figures to back that? No-one forced to UK to accept cheap labour, that was the business owners.

The gross figure WAS £350 million a week.......

That's not what you said. You said;

pelmetman - 2021-10-15 10:59 AM

which as we ALL know is an outright lie.........so why are you still peddling that Brexit LIE?

As Brian said, Johnson and Vote Leave campaign were censured over peddling that false figure which worked on the dimwits five years ago. The actual figure we paid to the EU was £165 million so STOP LYING.

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2021-10-15 7:23 PM

1 The gross figure WAS £350 million a week.......

2 the fact that the EU gave us back some small change hardly makes up for the billions British workers lost due to cheap EU labour does it? *-) ............

1 So if you owe someone £35, and they offer you a £9.80 discount on that, on top of which they owe you £8.70, how much do you pay them? £35, or £ 16.50?

2 Got the facts and figures to back that? No-one forced to UK to accept cheap labour, that was the business owners.

1.......The £350,000,000 was just the admission fee *-) .........

2.......Total Crap!.......The EU forces all of their club members to accept free movement.....eventually *-).......

Archived