Its a Much Higher Figure

antony1969

Barryd999 - 2019-02-17 9:51 PM

Hey! There are Syrian refugees in our Whites only leafy Village! Well I met two in Barnard Castle yesterday who are now living and working on a farm nearby. Seemed lovely lads, not very threatening at all.

Do they have sheep and goats on that farm

Tracker - 2019-02-18 9:49 AM

Seemed lovely lads, not very threatening at all.

And well they might, or might not be.

The whole point of being under cover is to be, err, under cover, to blend in and not attract attention.

Seems to work?

Oh FFS! So two young lads settling and working here who came across as a couple of decent chaps, taken under the wing of some local family we should eye with suspicion because they are likely under cover ISIS terrorists. *-)

They looked about as scary as Pelmet head making his sandcastle on the beach. More chance of one of our own being a terrorist or one of the returning nut jobs that went off to fight for ISIS than two young lads who spent a year escaping war and travelling across Land and sea on their own to reach Europe. Its a bit of an odd place for them to turn up though. They seemed happy enough to me. Ill let you know if they blow up a few sheep or barns.

Barryd999 - 2019-02-18 10:50 AM

The whole point of being under cover is to be, err, under cover, to blend in and not attract attention.

Seems to work?

Oh FFS! So two young lads settling and working here who came across as a couple of decent chaps, taken under the wing of some local family we should eye with suspicion because they are likely under cover ISIS terrorists. *-)

They looked about as scary as Pelmet head making his sandcastle on the beach. More chance of one of our own being a terrorist or one of the returning nut jobs that went off to fight for ISIS than two young lads who spent a year escaping war and travelling across Land and sea on their own to reach Europe. Its a bit of an odd place for them to turn up though. They seemed happy enough to me. Ill let you know if they blow up a few sheep or barns.

Quite so Barry, 'nuff said!!

Seems to work?

Spent a year to reach Europe ??? ... How come they didnt seek sanctuary in the first safe country ??? Europe not that safe ??? ... If a local.farmer can take some in then be nice if you could help after all your supposed concern or are you still happy to let the usual suspect towns and cities to have em and the rest of em from all those other 'war torn' countries

antony1969 - 2019-02-18 11:54 AM

Seems to work?

Spent a year to reach Europe ??? ... How come they didnt seek sanctuary in the first safe country ??? Europe not that safe ??? ... If a local.farmer can take some in then be nice if you could help after all your supposed concern or are you still happy to let the usual suspect towns and cities to have em and the rest of em from all those other 'war torn' countries

I did help them. I told them where to buy E cig supplies from. (lol)

Told you before, we do have some being shipped in around these parts. Richmond, Barnard Castle, Durham County and North Yorkshire. I Dont have anything for them to do but clearly some do.

Seems to work?

I'm amazed you venture from the sanctuary of your house if you think like that! Never judge a book etc though we're all guilty of doing that at some point...and always wrong!

Barryd999 - 2019-02-18 12:09 PM

antony1969 - 2019-02-18 11:54 AM

Seems to work?

I did help them. I told them where to buy E cig supplies from. (lol)

Told you before, we do have some being shipped in around these parts. Richmond, Barnard Castle, Durham County and North Yorkshire. I Dont have anything for them to do but clearly some do.

Well done ... The way youve gone on about UK doing lots more to help I would've thought you'd possibly of put one or two up , you haven't but at least you pointed em to a E cig fag shop ... Well done

Bulletguy - 2019-02-18 12:38 PM

Seems to work?

I'm amazed you venture from the sanctuary of your house if you think like that! Never judge a book etc though we're all guilty of doing that at some point...and always wrong!

Never jump to conclusions without knowing the facts is a lesson I doubt you, or Barry, will ever learn.

How many times do we hear in the news that a terrorist lived peacefully for years in a quiet neighbourhood, with people saying that 'he was a nice guy, always polite, never any trouble'.........

until one fateful day.......

Oh gosh, I do hope that it will be safe enough to go for a walk this afternoon as you just never know who will be next and you sure can't tell by looking and talking to people.

Tracker - 2019-02-18 12:45 PM

Seems to work?

Never jump to conclusions without knowing the facts is a lesson I doubt you, or Barry, will ever learn.

How many times do we hear in the news that a terrorist lived peacefully for years in a quiet neighbourhood, with people saying that 'he was a nice guy, always polite, never any trouble'.........

Oh gosh, I do hope that it will be safe enough to go for a walk this afternoon as you just never know who will be next and you sure can't tell by looking and talking to people.

If northern Ireland kicks off again and the IRA start lobbing bombs in our cities again will you consider anyone with an Irish accent a potential terrorist? As said most of the Islamic terrorists in the UK and Europe have been British or European citizens. I suppose these two quiet and polite young men could be mad as feck Jihadists but the odds are several million to one that they are not. I was prepared to give them the benefit of the doubt and be welcoming rather than suspicious and hostile.

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2019-02-18 1:46 PM

Seems to work?

If northern Ireland kicks off again and the IRA start lobbing bombs in our cities again will you consider anyone with an Irish accent a potential terrorist? As said most of the Islamic terrorists in the UK and Europe have been British or European citizens. I suppose these two quiet and polite young men could be mad as feck Jihadists but the odds are several million to one that they are not. I was prepared to give them the benefit of the doubt and be welcoming rather than suspicious and hostile.

Why should the IRA attack us? :-S ...........

May's already said we wont be putting up barriers........It'll be Brussels and Dublin :D ........

Seems to work?

Not very many. The only ones i can think of which fit that ''mo'' would be the school teacher guy from Northumberland who even managed to dupe his own wife, and the Finsbury park attacker from Wales. Most usually have some previous form or aired their thoughts on social media.

More chance of being struck by lightning.

Tracker - 2019-02-18 2:15 PM

Bulletguy - 2019-02-18 2:07 PM

Or of winning the lottery - but at least you now accept that there is a risk and that alone is progress of a sorts!

Isn't there an element of risk in everything through daily life? Hence the reason i said if folk become so obsessed with fear they'd never leave the damn house.

Bulletguy - 2019-02-18 3:38 PM

Or of winning the lottery - but at least you now accept that there is a risk and that alone is progress of a sorts!

Isn't there an element of risk in everything through daily life? Hence the reason i said if folk become so obsessed with fear they'd never leave the damn house.

Trouble is its not normally the high and mighty preacher types that suffer if one of those risks run wild ... The whites only villages they preach from tend not to suffer ... Always someone else ... Collateral damage they might say

antony1969 - 2019-02-18 3:42 PM

Trouble is its not normally the high and mighty preacher types that suffer if one of those risks run wild ... The whites only villages they preach from tend not to suffer ... Always someone else ... Collateral damage they might say

When was the last barrel bomb dropped on Huddersfield or IED planted? :-S

Bulletguy - 2019-02-18 3:59 PM

Who mentioned Huddersfield ??? ... Youve looked up many things about my home town including my address so why dont you look it up on the web ... I would imagine the word Huddersfield comes up a lot in your web history

antony1969 - 2019-02-18 4:09 PM

Who mentioned Huddersfield ??? ...

I did....previous post. You have an answer to the question or not?

Bulletguy - 2019-02-18 4:16 PM

Im failing to understand the connection ... Put me out of my misery princess

Hey! There are Syrian refugees in our Whites only leafy Village! Well I met two in Barnard Castle yesterday who are now living and working on a farm nearby. Seemed lovely lads, not very threatening at all.

Few more for you Barry ... Some more "lovely lads" fleeing war torn Europe ... C'mon wadda ya think ... Youve seen how lovely they are , put some up ... https://news.sky.com/story/up-to-19-migrants-rescued-from-boat-off-dover-coast-sky-sources-11641197

antony1969 - 2019-02-18 4:31 PM

Bulletguy - 2019-02-18 4:16 PM

Im failing to understand the connection ...

You fail to understand everything you don't want to or pretend not to.

Archived