Ive Had A Private Message ...

Birdbrain

... From Stuart ... Which given he currently has a rather disgraceful bullying campaign going at full throttle on thread after thread aimed at me I have to say to send a private message and expect a reply back is rather hypocritical ... You and others are singling me out in an unpleasant hate campaign and acting as if no one else has ever insulted, called a name or argued their point on here, its the height of hypocrisy ... You currently have a liking for publicly saying things about me on thread after thread so dont private message me please just add it to the end of your other posts about me

Gentlemen of Chatterbox, Birdbrain has been resorting to side-tracking and provocative posts and throwing insults left right and centre to keep himself active on this (and other) threads, ignoring the widespread criticism he has faced, as if he was our own pestilent Donald Trump, careless of anyone's views other than his own and determined to bluster his way through. It makes no sense to respond to him any way.

I'm not trying to censor him, simply to discourage him from going OTT and behaving so badly towards others. I suggest everyone simply ignores his posts altogether for a couple of weeks to encourage the penny to drop that he should not be so habitually nasty.

because I'm not responding to his posts on the forum and to make the points to him pprivately, I sent the following message to Birdbrain this morning, which started by quoting him expressing alarm as follows:

"I have security at my home by the way ... I installed it after another member on here gave out details of my home address so if you bully boys are thinking of coming here and stepping it up a gear you'll be very sorry"

My message to him then read as follows:

"No intention of anything of the sort. No intention of being a bully boy either, nor am I encouraging anyone else to do so - but I suggest that you introducing this aspect might do so. I'm merely suggesting to other contributors that they ignore your posts for a while, to encourage you to stop being so awful.

Wouldn't it be simpler and sensible for you to change your behaviour a little (i.e. stop being so aggressive and insulting people so gratuitously etc) as requested? Maybe even express regret in some way? No need to grovel. Just show some sort of intention to mend your ways. Or show in practice that you have changed. Then I get off your back."

And that's all; no bullying, no threats, no insults; I was just encouraging him to behave a bit better towards others. I am not reponding to him on the forum, as I have suggested others don't either, this is just part of my notices to contributors to Chatterbox generally. If any of you would like to read what Birdbrain has been in the habit of posting in the way of aggression and insult before he adopted his "wounded party" posturing, I suggest you browse Page 6 of the Trump's Last Throw of the Dice thread and earlier.

He is maybe suffering a bit. His hero Trump is all but done, Johnson has turned out to be the worst PM in history and the Brexit deal is totally crap. Maybe would should give Mr Birdbrain a break. (lol) Things are not going well for him at the moment. Its not nice to call people Fatty, Hater and Loser though Mr Birdbrain. I have to say thats very naughty.

StuartO - 2021-01-15 2:47 PM

Gentlemen of Chatterbox, Birdbrain has been resorting to side-tracking and provocative posts and throwing insults left right and centre to keep himself active on this (and other) threads, ignoring the widespread criticism he has faced, as if he was our own pestilent Donald Trump, careless of anyone's views other than his own and determined to bluster his way through. It makes no sense to respond to him any way.

I'm not trying to censor him, simply to discourage him from going OTT and behaving so badly towards others. I suggest everyone simply ignores his posts altogether for a couple of weeks to encourage the penny to drop that he should not be so habitually nasty.

because I'm not responding to his posts on the forum and to make the points to him pprivately, I sent the following message to Birdbrain this morning, which started by quoting him expressing alarm as follows:

"I have security at my home by the way ... I installed it after another member on here gave out details of my home address so if you bully boys are thinking of coming here and stepping it up a gear you'll be very sorry"

My message to him then read as follows:

"No intention of anything of the sort. No intention of being a bully boy either, nor am I encouraging anyone else to do so - but I suggest that you introducing this aspect might do so. I'm merely suggesting to other contributors that they ignore your posts for a while, to encourage you to stop being so awful.

Wouldn't it be simpler and sensible for you to change your behaviour a little (i.e. stop being so aggressive and insulting people so gratuitously etc) as requested? Maybe even express regret in some way? No need to grovel. Just show some sort of intention to mend your ways. Or show in practice that you have changed. Then I get off your back."

And that's all; no bullying, no threats, no insults; I was just encouraging him to behave a bit better towards others. I am not reponding to him on the forum, as I have suggested others don't either, this is just part of my notices to contributors to Chatterbox generally. If any of you would like to read what Birdbrain has been in the habit of posting in the way of aggression and insult before he adopted his "wounded party" posturing, I suggest you browse Page 6 of the Trump's Last Throw of the Dice thread and earlier.

There ya go ... Wasn't difficult was it princess ... You could have put all that rubbish up for the public to see to start off with ... "this is just part of my notices to contributors to Chatterbox" ... Sounds like some old public safety information film ... Chuckle ... Keep it up Stuart cos you and the t'others have made a couple of snowy days fun ... Love to everyone ... Kisses

If any of you would like to read what Birdbrain has been in the habit of posting in the way of aggression and insult before he adopted his "wounded party" posturing, I suggest you browse Page 6 of the Trump's Last Throw of the Dice thread and earlier.

StuartO - 2021-01-15 4:59 PM

If any of you would like to read what Birdbrain has been in the habit of posting in the way of aggression and insult before he adopted his "wounded party" posturing, I suggest you browse Page 6 of the Trump's Last Throw of the Dice thread and earlier.

Love you long time Stuart ... You so nice ... Kissy kissy soldier boy xxx

Both J/start and John are right and Brian made a perfect summary yesterday in the Guardian thread but i've posted here in order to keep the Trump thread on topic. Antony attacks certain individuals, then cries he's being bullied when fm's stand up to him. He doesn't appear to see it's as a direct result of his own doing. He complains about people saying his views were racist so another fm pointed out the obvious and suggested if he learned to moderate his views more other fm's probably wouldn't form that opinion, but that didn't last five minutes.

The derogatory effeminate insults he uses as 'put downs' against any fm's not on his mates list, 'princess', 'sweet cheeks', 'the sisters', 'haters' etc are very juvenile. His personal snipes against me ("microwave meal for one again") refer to my living alone which appears to amuse him. Quite why he does this i've no idea as plenty of people live alone, but what on earth his peculiar obsession with my grandchildren is all about God alone knows and bringing an fm's grandchildren into forum discussions for no valid reason absolutely crosses the line.

His complaint of "another member on here gave out details of my home address" has been a ridiculous allegation he's made against me and trots out at regular intervals over a few years now. He's been asked to show the posts where i've allegedly posted this "detail" but refuses to show them. Besides which, what is "detail"? Ten miles from a town is not "detail" of a persons address!! I suggested he put the matter to Daniel for moderation but he refused that. So quite why he persists with such nonsense or what he thinks it will achieve, only he will know as nobody else can fathom how his mind works.

Stuarts posting in the Trump thread about Antony's persistent side tracking and off topic postings was justified imo. In fact I was surprised it took so long and could sense other fm's were getting fed up with his trolling, pedantry and belligerent nonsense so hopefully that thread can now resume discussion and posts relevant to the thread. Disruptive posting is done on forums with the sole intent of derailing the thread usually because they don't like the thread topic but also don't know how to debate any posts. Moderated forums remove offending or nuisance posts, the fm warned, and if the activity persists then they are banned from the forum. Removal of disruptive posts usually has the desired effect as the culprit soon tires of trolling threads. As CB isn't moderated then the only option left is to ignore the troublesome poster. Most of what Antony posts is often incoherent gobbledygook anyway and because of his belligerent manner, engaging any form of debate is nigh on impossible and pointless.

Bulletguy - 2021-01-15 7:10 PM

Both J/start and John are right and Brian made a perfect summary yesterday in the Guardian thread but i've posted here in order to keep the Trump thread on topic. Antony attacks certain individuals, then cries he's being bullied when fm's stand up to him. He doesn't appear to see it's as a direct result of his own doing. He complains about people saying his views were racist so another fm pointed out the obvious and suggested if he learned to moderate his views more other fm's probably wouldn't form that opinion, but that didn't last five minutes.

The derogatory effeminate insults he uses as 'put downs' against any fm's not on his mates list, 'princess', 'sweet cheeks', 'the sisters', 'haters' etc are very juvenile. His personal snipes against me ("microwave meal for one again") refer to my living alone which appears to amuse him. Quite why he does this i've no idea as plenty of people live alone, but what on earth his peculiar obsession with my grandchildren is all about God alone knows and bringing an fm's grandchildren into forum discussions for no valid reason absolutely crosses the line.

His complaint of "another member on here gave out details of my home address" has been a ridiculous allegation he's made against me and trots out at regular intervals over a few years now. He's been asked to show the posts where i've allegedly posted this "detail" but refuses to show them. Besides which, what is "detail"? Ten miles from a town is not "detail" of a persons address!! I suggested he put the matter to Daniel for moderation but he refused that. So quite why he persists with such nonsense or what he thinks it will achieve, only he will know as nobody else can fathom how his mind works.

Stuarts posting in the Trump thread about Antony's persistent side tracking and off topic postings was justified imo. In fact I was surprised it took so long and could sense other fm's were getting fed up with his trolling, pedantry and belligerent nonsense so hopefully that thread can now resume discussion and posts relevant to the thread. Disruptive posting is done on forums with the sole intent of derailing the thread usually because they don't like the thread topic but also don't know how to debate any posts. Moderated forums remove offending or nuisance posts, the fm warned, and if the activity persists then they are banned from the forum. Removal of disruptive posts usually has the desired effect as the culprit soon tires of trolling threads. As CB isn't moderated then the only option left is to ignore the troublesome poster. Most of what Antony posts is often incoherent gobbledygook anyway and because of his belligerent manner, engaging any form of debate is nigh on impossible and pointless.

Chuckle ... A fella that stalked me on another forum, calls me all the names under the sun without ever offering any evidence to back up the names and posts details of my home address on an open forum takes the moral high ground ... Chuckle, this just gets funnier ... Keep it up guys ... Stuart ???

PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND TO BIRDBRAIN'S POSTS

I'm not trying to censor him, simply to discourage him from going OTT and behaving so badly towards others. I suggest everyone simply ignores his posts altogether for a couple of weeks to encourage the penny to drop that he should not be so habitually nasty. If you would like to see what he has been posting browse pages 6 and earlier of the Trump's Last Throw of the Dice thread. Birdbrain has eased off on his insults since them but he's replaced with outraged complaining on a completely spurious basis. As you can see from reading this notice all I'm doing is asking him to tell us he's not going to be so nasty from now on.

A few regular contributors have chosen to continue responding to Birdbrain and that's a pity because I think they are likely to be giving Birdbrain encouragement but he is pretty much unrepentant so far and is sticking to his ourage about being persecuted, which of course is nonesense. Everyone seems to agree that Birdbrain's habit of aggressive posts and offensive, gratuitous insulting of people has been awful.

I would therefore ask everyone to consider simply ignoring Birdbrain's posts until he shows us that he will mend his ways. If we all do this for a while he's bound to get the message eventually.

StuartO - 2021-01-16 5:13 PM

I'm not trying to censor him, simply to discourage him from going OTT and behaving so badly towards others. I suggest everyone simply ignores his posts altogether for a couple of weeks to encourage the penny to drop that he should not be so habitually nasty. If you would like to see what he has been posting browse pages 6 and earlier of the Trump's Last Throw of the Dice thread. Birdbrain has eased off on his insults since them but he's replaced with outraged complaining on a completely spurious basis. As you can see from reading this notice all I'm doing is asking him to tell us he's not going to be so nasty from now on.

A few regular contributors have chosen to continue responding to Birdbrain and that's a pity because I think they are likely to be giving Birdbrain encouragement but he is pretty much unrepentant so far and is sticking to his ourage about being persecuted, which of course is nonesense. Everyone seems to agree that Birdbrain's habit of aggressive posts and offensive, gratuitous insulting of people has been awful.

I would therefore ask everyone to consider simply ignoring Birdbrain's posts until he shows us that he will mend his ways. If we all do this for a while he's bound to get the message eventually.

I’m getting how you feel about the Antony situation on here Stuart. Have faith, there is virtually zero support for his antics (Dave Pelmet seems to be absent these days). We are all capable of making our own judgements about whether his posts are to be ignored or whether we feel it is right to respond.Let him ramble on with his daft "hater" mantra. The more he does so the more his arguments lack force or credibility.

You are doing exactly what Birdbrain wants, reacting to his posts, stop being a nitwit and just ignore his rantings, move on..

Seems like you might be losing support with your bullying and trolling

I'm sorry to have to persist with these notices but they are having a useful effect so please stick with me in this. Birdbrain is at least holding back on his insults to others on here (except that he's made me his new target of course, with silly, spurious personal challenges) so please be patient. Chatterbox is not moderated so if we ever want to discourage someone like Birdbrain from behaving like Mr Nasty, this is probably the only way to do it.

Birdbrain likes be outrageous - nothing necessarily wrong with that but he also does it with completely unnecessary nastiness by habitually showering others with personalised insults. Here's an example of how one contributor has described Birdbrain's methods: "The derogatory effeminate insults he uses as 'put downs' against any fm's not on his mates list, 'princess', 'sweet cheeks', 'the sisters', 'haters' etc are very juvenile. His personal snipes against me ("microwave meal for one again") refer to my living alone which appears to amuse him. Quite why he does this i've no idea as plenty of people live alone, but what on earth his peculiar obsession with my grandchildren is all about God alone knows and bringing an fm's grandchildren into forum discussions for no valid reason absolutely crosses the line." Another another example: " Its not nice to call people Fatty, Hater and Loser though Mr Birdbrain. I have to say thats very naughty." Everyone seems to agree that Birdbrain's habit of aggressive posts and offensive, gratuitous insulting of people has been really awful.

So that's why I started posting these suggestions that we simply cut off any responses to Birdbrain until he show's us that he is going to behave better. I'm not trying to censor him or discourage his outspokenness, simply to discourage him from behaving so nastily towards others. Since I started this campaign Birdbrain has actually stopped his habitual insults to anyone who argues with him more or less completely - although of course he has started making me his new target instead and he's trying to maintain an impression that he's not going to change. But he is clearly showing that he's rattled and frustrated, so this campaign of not responding to him and me posting these notices repetitively is working.

A few regular contributors have chosen to continue responding to Birdbrain and that's a pity because I think they are likely to be giving Birdbrain the oxygen of attention which he craves. Chatterbox contributors are perhaps not natural team players but in this sort of case I suggest that we should stick together and stay with it. I would therefore ask everyone to consider simply ignoring Birdbrain's posts, as I have done, until he shows us that he will mend his ways. If we all do this for a while he's bound to get the message eventually. It shouldn't take all that long.

StuartO - 2021-01-17 9:39 AM

I'm sorry to have to persist with these notices but they are having a useful effect so please stick with me in this. Birdbrain is at least holding back on his insults to others on here (except that he's made me his new target of course, with silly, spurious personal challenges) so please be patient. Chatterbox is not moderated so if we ever want to discourage someone like Birdbrain from behaving like Mr Nasty, this is probably the only way to do it.

Birdbrain likes be outrageous - nothing necessarily wrong with that but he also does it with completely unnecessary nastiness by habitually showering others with personalised insults. Here's an example of how one contributor has described Birdbrain's methods: "The derogatory effeminate insults he uses as 'put downs' against any fm's not on his mates list, 'princess', 'sweet cheeks', 'the sisters', 'haters' etc are very juvenile. His personal snipes against me ("microwave meal for one again") refer to my living alone which appears to amuse him. Quite why he does this i've no idea as plenty of people live alone, but what on earth his peculiar obsession with my grandchildren is all about God alone knows and bringing an fm's grandchildren into forum discussions for no valid reason absolutely crosses the line." Another another example: " Its not nice to call people Fatty, Hater and Loser though Mr Birdbrain. I have to say thats very naughty." Everyone seems to agree that Birdbrain's habit of aggressive posts and offensive, gratuitous insulting of people has been really awful.

So that's why I started posting these suggestions that we simply cut off any responses to Birdbrain until he show's us that he is going to behave better. I'm not trying to censor him or discourage his outspokenness, simply to discourage him from behaving so nastily towards others. Since I started this campaign Birdbrain has actually stopped his habitual insults to anyone who argues with him more or less completely - although of course he has started making me his new target instead and he's trying to maintain an impression that he's not going to change. But he is clearly showing that he's rattled and frustrated, so this campaign of not responding to him and me posting these notices repetitively is working.

A few regular contributors have chosen to continue responding to Birdbrain and that's a pity because I think they are likely to be giving Birdbrain the oxygen of attention which he craves. Chatterbox contributors are perhaps not natural team players but in this sort of case I suggest that we should stick together and stay with it. I would therefore ask everyone to consider simply ignoring Birdbrain's posts, as I have done, until he shows us that he will mend his ways. If we all do this for a while he's bound to get the message eventually. It shouldn't take all that long.

Me calling Barry "fatty" is worse than him calling me a "one armed black lesbian" in what way Stuart ???

Birdbrain - 2021-01-17 10:16 AM

Me calling Barry "fatty" is worse than him calling me a "one armed black lesbian" in what way Stuart ???

It is worse because "Fatty" is a term of abuse whereas you actually are a one armed black lesbian.

Barryd999 - 2021-01-17 11:06 AM

Birdbrain - 2021-01-17 10:16 AM

It is worse because "Fatty" is a term of abuse whereas you actually are a one armed black lesbian.

"It is worse" ... What a shock ... Stuart ???

Violet1956 - 2021-01-16 5:51 PM

I’m getting how you feel about the Antony situation on here Stuart. Have faith, there is virtually zero support for his antics (Dave Pelmet seems to be absent these days). We are all capable of making our own judgements about whether his posts are to be ignored or whether we feel it is right to respond.Let him ramble on with his daft "hater" mantra. The more he does so the more his arguments lack force or credibility.

and there posts our own legal spokes person a job that only exists in precedent so not that important.

StuartO - 2021-01-17 5:16 PM

You havent removed the lies from your claim ???

teflon2 - 2021-01-17 5:33 PM

Violet1956 - 2021-01-16 5:51 PM

and there posts our own legal spokes person a job that only exists in precedent so not that important.

For a moment there I thought Dave was back. He has a bit of a thing about lawyers. Not sure what you mean by the phrase “a job that only exists in precedent”. Moreover, lawyers are irrelevant up to the point when you need them thankfully.

Violet1956 - 2021-01-18 4:53 PM

For a moment there I thought Dave was back.

He has a bit of a thing about lawyers.

Dave had a " thing " about anyone who is educated - until Boris Johnson came along, with a very useful degree in Classics.

For him, Dave did a U-turn.

;-)

Archived