Johnson has done everything he could

Barryd999

Johnson has done everything he could  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

colin - 2021-01-27 1:44 PM

CurtainRaiser - 2021-01-27 1:35 PM

Indeed

Would you care to post the full transcript, and not a edited clip taken out of context?

It's more embarrassing than the clip. He downplays it by describing it as a "mild to moderate illness for those that get it" 8-) and "the best thing we can do is just wash our hands", "always shake hands" amidst much of the usual Johnson waffle.

At the time of the interview 85 people had died........10 months later we have 100,000 deaths.

Bulletguy - 2021-01-27 2:23 PM

Indeed

Would you care to post the full transcript, and not a edited clip taken out of context?

It's more embarrassing than the clip. He downplays it by describing it as a "mild to moderate illness for those that get it" 8-) and "the best thing we can do is just wash our hands", "always shake hands" amidst much of the usual Johnson waffle.

At the time of the interview 85 people had died........10 months later we have 100,000 deaths.

My point is the clip is a deliberate miss representation of the actual interview. Boris may be one of the worst PM's we have ever had, but lets stick to the truth.

colin - 2021-01-27 3:33 PM

Bulletguy - 2021-01-27 2:23 PM

Indeed

My point is the clip is a deliberate miss representation of the actual interview. Boris may be one of the worst PM's we have ever had, but lets stick to the truth.

Is it? It is what he said and lets remember there is no doubt they were toying with the idea of herd immunity from the start when the experts were telling them it was a crackpot idea. Then when they discovered how many people would die they flapped like mad but when the world was screaming at them to lockdown they just flapped around some more and missed that golden opportunity to save so many lives. The rest is just one legacy of cock up after cock up and late response after late response.

There is no denying it now. The figures speak for themselves. Yes we have some stupid people in the UK and some that are not so healthy but couple that with an inept Populist government and this is the result.

There is no denying it now. The figures speak for themselves. Yes we have some stupid people in the UK and some that are not so healthy but couple that with an inept Populist government and this is the result.

The major part of the NHS crisis is that the people dying are particularly elderly or have health problems.

Certainly inept guidelines from Government has not helped.

Gut biome is a big factor in your immune system.

colin - 2021-01-27 3:33 PM

Here is another one for you then, in this speech he suggests that we should view the pandemic as a business opportunity.

"And in that context, we are starting to hear some bizarre autarkic rhetoric, when barriers are going up, and when there is a risk that new diseases such as coronavirus will trigger a panic and a desire for market segregation that go beyond what is medically rational to the point of doing real and unnecessary economic damage, then at that moment humanity needs some government somewhere that is willing at least to make the case powerfully for freedom of exchange, some country ready to take off its Clark Kent spectacles and leap into the phone booth and emerge with its cloak flowing as the supercharged champion, of the right of the populations of the earth to buy and sell freely among each other."

Full transcript and video here for context

https://www.gov.uk/government/speeches/pm-speech-in-greenwich-3-february-2020

PS 1,725 people died today - what context would you like me to put that in?

colin - 2021-01-27 3:33 PM.........................My point is the clip is a deliberate miss representation of the actual interview. Boris may be one of the worst PM's we have ever had, but lets stick to the truth.

I know what you mean, but I do feel tempted to ask whose truth - Boris's, or truth as normally understood? :-D Methinks you are being over-generous to someone with a tenuous grip of the concept!

Brian Kirby - 2021-01-27 6:06 PM

colin - 2021-01-27 3:33 PM.........................My point is the clip is a deliberate miss representation of the actual interview. Boris may be one of the worst PM's we have ever had, but lets stick to the truth.

I know what you mean, but I do feel tempted to ask whose truth - Boris's, or truth as normally understood? :-D Methinks you are being over-generous to someone with a tenuous grip of the concept!

The thing is Brian, sinking to Boris's level makes you no better than him.

jumpstart - 2021-01-27 4:05 PM

Just about a year ago there was a news interview( which I can't find at present) where a medical expert was asked if the UK should be worried about the covid deaths reported from China.

The guy laughed and said no need to worry as its unlikely to arrive here.

Medical expert? Possibly an expert on warts? Given the reported comment, I'd be extremely surprised if the interviewee was a virologist or an epidemiologist.

By the end of January 2020 the virus was already into South Korea, Thailand, the USA, Singapore, Hong, Kong, Macau, Vietnam, Japan, Nepal, France, Australia, Malaysia, Canada, Ivory Coast, Sri Lanka, Cambodia, Germany, Austria, Romania, Ecuador, Brazil, Tibet, UAE, Finland, India, Philippines, UK, Russia, Spain and Sweden, had been confirmed spreading through human transmission in China, and the WHO had declared the virus a Public Health Emergency of International Concern. No wonder he was laughing. I think his advice was probably an attempt at irony! 8-)

colin - 2021-01-27 6:38 PM

Brian Kirby - 2021-01-27 6:06 PM

The thing is Brian, sinking to Boris's level makes you no better than him.

Quite! :-)

Brian Kirby - 2021-01-27 6:40 PM

jumpstart - 2021-01-27 4:05 PM

Just about a year ago there was a news interview( which I can't find at present) where a medical expert was asked if the UK should be worried about the covid deaths reported from China.

The guy laughed and said no need to worry as its unlikely to arrive here.

Medical expert? Possibly an expert on warts? Given the reported comment, I'd be extremely surprised if the interviewee was a virologist or an epidemiologist.

By the end of January 2020 the virus was already into South Korea, Thailand, the USA, Singapore, Hong, Kong, Macau, Vietnam, Japan, Nepal, France, Australia, Malaysia, Canada, Ivory Coast, Sri Lanka, Cambodia, Germany, Austria, Romania, Ecuador, Brazil, Tibet, UAE, Finland, India, Philippines, UK, Russia, Spain and Sweden, had been confirmed spreading through human transmission in China, and the WHO had declared the virus a Public Health Emergency of International Concern. No wonder he was laughing. I think his advice was probably an attempt at irony! 8-)[/quote

Unfortunately i can’t find the film clip. It was deaths they were more concerned with and apart from China there were’nt any till end of Jan. The guy and interviewer were serious but it was a case of oh no we won’t have a problem here. Obviously now its ironic but then in early Jan it did’nt seem a problem. WHO reported on 5th Jan that it was a cluster of cases and no deaths.

Archived