Johnson runs off........AGAIN!!

Bulletguy

Guest pelmetman

Boris Johnson MP - Daily Telegraph 24 June 2019

It's been three long years since we voted to Leave – which is why we can, must and will do so by October 31

It is incredible, it is infuriating, it is disgraceful that it should now be three whole years since the EU referendum result; and I can tell that the whole country is positively aching for us to get it done. You can feel the impatience building like a giant thunderstorm on a hot June day.

I know that if we fail again, we face a democratic explosion and a deluge in which both major parties may be swept away. And so, my friends, it is absolutely vital that we keep our eyes on the prize. It has been a long and parching march, but the oasis is finally in sight. We are so nearly there.

We are just over four months away from the date on which, by law, we must leave the EU; and this time we are not going to bottle it. We are not going to fail. This time we are not going to shrink in fear from the exit, as we have on the last two occasions. We are going to show all the mettle, the creativity and the energy of this amazing nation. We are going to focus all our efforts on honouring that single great promise – and we are going to come out of the EU on October 31.

We can, we must and we will. And when we do there will be a moment of release and of opportunity. When we come out, we will finally end that sense of doubt and indecision that has plagued our politics – and let’s not kid ourselves: the failure to leave the EU has not eased the tensions over the issue. It has made them far worse.

When we come out of the EU, on October 31 – as we must and we will – we will see not just a revival in the Conservative party, and the return of voters who have drifted off to other parties. We will see a return of trust in all politicians – the trust that simply disappeared after we failed to leave on March 29. We can begin once again to look our electorate in the eye. We can renew the national faith in democracy. Most important of all, we can begin a new and exciting agenda for post Brexit Britain – and begin to turbocharge the most innovative economy in Europe.

When we leave the EU, we can finally begin the work of responding to the message of that Brexit vote. Yes, it was about democracy, and a rejection, at least for Britain, of the EU’s narrow federalist approach. Yes, it meant that the British people were no longer willing to accept the one-way ratchet towards a single Euro-state. Of course it was partly about immigration, and the reasonable desire for national control. But it was about far more than that. The Brexit vote was an appeal to be heard by parts of the country that have felt that they were left behind, ignored even unloved.

So when we come out, on October 31, we can begin the great work of bringing the country together.

Now is the time to use all the tools of government to ensure that every child in Britain has a great education. Sure, that means we must level up our spending across the country – and we should be spending more per capita in both primary and secondary schools, and in FE colleges.

We should be investing in our infrastructure – it is time, for instance, that both the West Midlands and the Northern Powerhouse had the kind of connectivity that we have been able to achieve in London. It is only by putting in good and affordable mass transit systems that you can allow people to commute efficiently to their place of work and so hugely increase their productivity.

We need to roll out full fibre broadband by 2025 at the latest. We must bring the UK together – and yes, I want to do for the whole of the UK what I was proud to do as Mayor of London for two terms.

When I was first elected 11 years ago people spoke of a tale of two cities – the rich and the poor; and it was true that London had four of the six poorest boroughs in the UK. By the end of my two terms we had none of the poorest 20 in the UK, and it was among the poorest socio-economic groups that we saw the fastest growth both in life expectancy and income.

And the crucial point is that we didn’t do it by fleecing the rich, or attacking the wealth creators. We did it by creating a platform for business to invest – safe streets, good local transport, a clean environment – and letting the market do the rest. We can do it now for the whole country – not just with the Living Wage, but with better infrastructure, better education, and technological improvements that drive business confidence – and lead to higher wages and higher productivity all round.

That is the fundamental difference between our modern Conservative approach and the Labour approach. Jeremy Corbyn wants to tax virtually everything he can – swingeing inheritance tax; 50p income tax; the highest corporation tax in Europe; a financial transaction tax and many others so brutal that impartial estimates say he would end up actually reducing tax yields, and reducing the national ability to invest in infrastructure and public services.

Corbyn would be an utter catastrophe for this country. He has no interest in business, or any understanding of the needs and cares of those who actually create the wealth on which we all depend.

Modern Conservatives get it: we understand the symmetry at the heart of the success of the UK today. What we need now is the confidence to talk it up – to defend market economics as the best way of producing great public services.

It is not a hard message to sell. What do you want? Higher pay under the Tories or higher taxes under Labour? We just need the self-belief to shout our message from the rooftops.

I have done it before, victoriously, and am, of course, bursting with impatience to do it now, as leader of our party. We can win this argument big time – but first we must leave on October 31.

Help share the article with friends by clicking here.

Thanks,

Team Back Boris

www.backboris.com

B-) ...........

Boris Johnson - Daily Telegraph Sunday 21st February 2016

OK OK, I admit it. If you gave him a truth drug, or hypnotised him, I don't think even the prime minister would really deny it.

This European Union deal is not perhaps everything that we would have liked. It is not what we Eurosceptics were hoping, not when the process kicked off. We were hoping he was going to get really deep down and dirty, in the way that the Bloomberg speech seemed to indicate. He was going to probe the belly of the beast and bring back British sovereignty, like Hercules bringing Eurydice (sic) back from the underworld. I had the impression that this was going to be the beginning of a wholesale repatriation of powers - over fisheries, farming, the social chapter, border controls, you name it: all those political hostages joyfully returning home like the end of Raid on Entebbe.

It was going to be a moment for the ringing of church bells and bonfires on beacons, and union flags flying from every steeple, and peasants blind drunk on non-EU approved scrumpy and beating the hedgerows with staves while singing patriotic songs about Dave the hero.

I don't think we can pretend that this is how things have turned out. This is not a fundamental reform of Britain's position in the EU, and no-one could credibly claim it is.

It is not pointless; it is not wholly insignificant; it is by no means a waste of time. But it will not stop the great machine of EU integration, and it will not stop the production of ever more EU laws - at least some of which will have deleterious effects on the economy of this country and the rest of Europe.

Never mind the Tusk deal; look at the elephant in the room: the great beast still trampling happily on British parliamentary sovereignty, and British democracy. So there are likely to be a significant number of people - perhaps including you - who will feel that in all honour we can now only do one thing.

We said we wanted a reformed EU. We said that if we failed to get reform, then Britain could have a great future outside. We have not got a reformed EU - so: nothing for it, then - ho for the open seas! Viva Brexit! That would seem to be the logic, and yet I wonder if it is wholly correct.

Shut your eyes. Hold your breath. Think of Britain. Think of the rest of the EU. Think of the future. Think of the desire of your children and your grandchildren to live and work in other European countries; to sell things there, to make friends and perhaps to find partners there.

Ask yourself: despite all the defects and disappointments of this exercise - do you really, truly, definitely want Britain to pull out of the EU? Now? This is a big thing to do, and there is certainly a strong political-philosophical imperative leading us to the door.

We are being outvoted ever more frequently. The ratchet of integration clicks remorselessly forward. More and more questions are now justiciable by the European Court of Justice, including that extraordinary document, the European Charter of Fundamental Rights. This bestows on every one of our 500m EU citizens a legally enforceable right to do all sorts of things across all 28 states: to start a business, to choose any occupation they like, to found any type of religious school, to enjoy "academic freedom". I shudder to think what is going to happen when UK citizens start vindicating these new "rights" in Luxembourg.

There is going to be more and more of this stuff ; and I can see why people might just think, to hell with it. I want out. I want to take back control of our democracy and our country.

If you feel that, I perfectly understand - because half the time I have been feeling that myself. And then the other half of the time, I have been thinking: hmmm. I like the sound of freedom; I like the sound of restoring democracy. But what are the downsides - and here we must be honest.

There are some big questions that the "out" side need to answer. Almost everyone expects there to be some sort of economic shock as a result of a Brexit. How big would it be? I am sure that the doomsters are exaggerating the fallout - but are they completely wrong? And how can we know?

And then there is the worry about Scotland, and the possibility that an English-only "leave" vote could lead to the break-up of the union. There is the Putin factor: we don't want to do anything to encourage more shirtless swaggering from the Russian leader, not in the Middle East, not anywhere.

And then there is the whole geostrategic anxiety. Britain is a great nation, a global force for good.

It is surely a boon for the world and for Europe that she should be intimately engaged in the EU. This is a market on our doorstep, ready for further exploitation by British firms: the membership fee seems rather small for all that access.

Why are we so determined to turn our back on it? Shouldn't our policy be like our policy on cake - pro having it and pro eating it? Pro Europe and pro the rest of the world?

If sovereignty is the problem - and it certainly is - then maybe it is worth looking again at the prime minister's deal, because there is a case for saying it is not quite as contemptible as all that. He is the first prime minister to get us out of ever closer union, which is potentially very important with the European Court of Justice and how it interprets EU law. He has some good stuff on competition, and repealing legislation, and on protecting Britain from further integration of the euro group.

Now if this were baked into a real EU treaty, it would be very powerful. Taken together with the sovereignty clauses - which are not wholly platitudinous - you can see the outlines of a new role for Britain: friendly, involved, but not part of the federalist project.

Yes, folks, the deal's a bit of a dud, but it contains the germ of something really good. I am going to muffle my disappointment and back the prime minister.

Share this article as a reminder of a duplicitous hypocrite, double dealing, back stabbing, turncoat Judas. A spineless self serving coward with ambitions of wanting the title of PM.......but knows he's not up to the job. *-)

It doesnt matter that Boris is not up to the job, all that matters now to the Brexit faithful is that he keeps the dream alive in its purest form just a little while longer. Evidence like that above of what a devious toad he is seems wasted on the Brexit faithful who sadly (For them) are likely to be setting themselves up for big disappointment with Boris. A monkey would be appointed PM if it could speak and promise the no deal crash out nirvana they for reasons beyond the comprehension of anyone left who is still normal can comprehend.

I hope he wins, I really do. It will be poetic justice watching him either end the Tories for ever or stab the Brexiteer faithful in the back.

Wouldnt like to say someones got a major obsession and deep hatred for Mr Johnson but that certain someone has 6 Johnson threads on this page alone and has littered other threads with his Johnson hatred n'all ... Hate does strange things to folk ... Yuk

Guest pelmetman
Birdbrain - 2019-06-25 6:25 AM

Wouldnt like to say someones got a major obsession and deep hatred for Mr Johnson but that certain someone has 6 Johnson threads on this page alone and has littered other threads with his Johnson hatred n'all ... Hate does strange things to folk ... Yuk

I can feel the hatred from here 8-) ...........

I wonder if we should tip off the fuzz about him? :-S ........

Wouldn't want the old duffer to do something silly ;-) ..........

pelmetman - 2019-06-25 9:20 AM

Birdbrain - 2019-06-25 6:25 AM

I can feel the hatred from here 8-) ...........

Of course you can as you do share a few things in common......apart from wealth and a public school education.

Guest pelmetman
malc d - 2019-06-25 3:10 PM

If ( or is it when ) Johnson becomes Prime Minister the greatest consolation will be that the NHS is guaranteed to get an extra 350 million quid a week.

:-|

Perhaps you can point out where on the big red bus it said guaranteed? :-S ..........

I do believe you are becoming another victim of the Remoaner hyperbole Malc 8-) .......

My gob..... is smacked >:-) ........

pelmetman - 2019-06-25 3:26 PM

If ( or is it when ) Johnson becomes Prime Minister the greatest consolation will be that the NHS is guaranteed to get an extra 350 million quid a week.

Perhaps you can point out where on the big red bus it said guaranteed? :-S ..........

It seems I have a lot more faith in Boris than you do Dave.

Guest pelmetman
malc d - 2019-06-25 3:34 PM

C'mon Malc *-) .........Bullet style deflection.........Really? 8-) ..........

So is that you admitting the Leave party didn't say "guaranteed".......Or even would? :D .........

The big red bus said "Lets"........ie.... as a in we "could" decide to spend the money on the NHS ;-) ......

Frankly the NHS needs a root and branch reform before we chuck more cash at it in my view :-| .......

pelmetman - 2019-06-25 3:42 PM

malc d - 2019-06-25 3:34 PM

So is that you admitting the Leave party didn't say "guaranteed".......Or even would? :D .........

I really have no idea what the Leave party said so I can't " admit " to anything.

I just know, deep down ( call it a gut instinct - so I don't need facts ) - that Boris will give it all to the NHS.

I refuse to believe that he would do anything else with it.

;-)

Birdbrain - 2019-06-25 4:32 PM

So many Boris hate threads and so little time ... Oh good back on that big red bus n'all only more than 3 years after it drove into town ... Ding ding tickets please

Its been updated now though for the Hustings.

140270962_brexitbus(Custom)(Small)(Custom).jpg.0bb46d8a08498627e7362322dabcf640.jpg

Brexiters want that swept under the carpet whilst screeching their usual obfuscation, deflection and excuses but that won't ever go away and they will be held to account.

NHS boss Simon Stevens put it perfectly.

Barryd999 - 2019-06-25 5:12 PM

So many Boris hate threads and so little time ... Oh good back on that big red bus n'all only more than 3 years after it drove into town ... Ding ding tickets please

Oh good ... Now one of the haters has brought in another favourite hate figure of theirs POTUS Trump into the big red shiny bus thingy type ... Oh good ... Mr Farage will be along shortly I presume

Did anyone actually read all the Boris waffle with their brain engaged?

Leave the EU to save the Tories? Tick.

Spend more on education, infrastructure etc? Tick. But when did the EU ever prevent the UK from doing that?

He won't increase taxes as business (what did he say about business?) will magic up the money as well as increasing everyone's pay. Heard that one before?

Can't argue with his analysis of Corbyn's tax proposals, but this is all motherhood and apple pie designed to appeal to those who fail to think through what is all means - and from what I have read on here - boy, does it work! Come on folks, get real and get critical.

Where, in any of what he has written, is there the remotest hint of how this economic miracle (which the Conservatives have singularly failed to pull from its hat since the coalition government), is there the slightest hint as to how all this new money is suddenly going to be generated?

It is all empty words, pious hopes and wishful thinking. What will he actually do? Perhaps build a garden bridge across the Channel? :-D

Brian Kirby - 2019-06-25 5:35 PM

Did anyone actually read all the Boris waffle with their brain engaged?

Leave the EU to save the Tories? Tick.

Spend more on education, infrastructure etc? Tick. But when did the EU ever prevent the UK from doing that?

He won't increase taxes as business (what did he say about business?) will magic up the money as well as increasing everyone's pay. Heard that one before?

Can't argue with his analysis of Corbyn's tax proposals, but this is all motherhood and apple pie designed to appeal to those who fail to think through what is all means - and from what I have read on here - boy, does it work! Come on folks, get real and get critical.

Where, in any of what he has written, is there the remotest hint of how this economic miracle (which the Conservatives have singularly failed to pull from its hat since the coalition government), is there the slightest hint as to how all this new money is suddenly going to be generated?

It is all empty words, pious hopes and wishful thinking. What will he actually do? Perhaps build a garden bridge across the Channel? :-D

Typically Johnson tried blaming his failed Garden bridge on Sadiq Khan.....well he would wouldn't he!! So LBC had a look at that;

https://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presenters/james-obrien/fact-checks-boris-johnson-claim-garden-bridge/

Channel bridge sounds appealing. Maybe delegate that to Grayling as he'd get shut of a few billion contracting a company of tax cheats operating from a takeaway with no building experience and no equipment.....or maybe McVey who has a thing about "invisible borders" and would 'build' an invisible one.

Johnson ex-boss at the Torygraph doesn't mince his words.

I was Boris Johnson’s boss: he is utterly unfit to be prime minister

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/jun/24/boris-johnson-prime-minister-tory-party-britain

Pelmethead will be along soon to let you know he's still voting for Boris purely to annoy Remainers. *-)

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-06-25 6:26 PM

Pelmethead will be along soon to let you know he's still voting for Boris purely to annoy Remainers. *-)

Nah........I'm voting for Boris because he said he would leave with no deal if necessary by the 31st of October B-) ..........

The fact that he annoys the hell out of you Remoaners is a 400% bonus :D ........

Birdbrain - 2019-06-25 5:23 PM

Barryd999 - 2019-06-25 5:12 PM

Oh good ... Now one of the haters has brought in another favourite hate figure of theirs POTUS Trump into the big red shiny bus thingy type ... Oh good ... Mr Farage will be along shortly I presume

Not one to disappoint. (lol)

https://i.postimg.cc/VLJ8RfS9/Farage.gif

pelmetman - 2019-06-25 9:42 PM

Nah........I'm voting for Boris because he said he would leave with no deal if necessary by the 31st of October B-) ..........

The fact that he annoys the hell out of you Remoaners is a 400% bonus :D ........

And there is your problem, those three little words. Nothing, nothing at all that comes out of Boris's gob can be believed. He does not care about you, he does not care about Brexit. Boris will do whatever he thinks is best for him.

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2019-06-26 9:48 AM

And there is your problem, those three little words. Nothing, nothing at all that comes out of Boris's gob can be believed. He does not care about you, he does not care about Brexit. Boris will do whatever he thinks is best for him.

You forget ;-) ..........

He really wants to be PM........He's just seen what's happened to Mrs May when she failed to deliver on her promises >:-) ..........

He says lots of things, often backtracking later. Saying and actually doing are very different but you'd vote for a chimp if it said "leave". Hhmm.....come to think of it you are voting for a chimp!

"Annoy"??? The lunatic is comedy gold and totally deranged......not qualities i see in leadership and i find it puzzling some people want a clown elected for them to follow. :-|

Archived