Jumpstart

Bulletguy

thebishbus - 2021-04-09 3:32 PM

I would think he has given up, as have most sensible people on Chatterbox.

There is no point, as it has been taken over mainly by lefty re-joiner trolls, massaging each others egos, who are never wrong.....

Brian B.

Well, at least you have cheered the " lefty re-joiners " up this afternoon Brian - whoever they are.

:-D

I would think he has given up, as have most sensible people on Chatterbox. There is no point, as it has been taken over mainly by lefty re-joiner trolls, massaging each others egos, who are never wrong and must always have the last word.

"Taken over by lefty rejoiner trolls", "never wrong", "must always have the last word"......... (lol)(lol)(lol)(lol)(lol)(lol)(lol)(lol)

Thats a cracker that is! Laugh of the year! (lol)(lol)(lol)(lol)(lol)(lol)(lol)(lol)

A quick browse of the first ten threads shows the majority made by the forums rabid right winging Europhobic Brexit boy.

I would think he has given up, as have most sensible people on Chatterbox. There is no point, as it has been taken over mainly by lefty re-joiner trolls, massaging each others egos, who are never wrong and must always have the last word.

Brian B.

I agree that many of the posts are highly politically oriented, but that just seems to me to reflect the regrettably polarised times in which we live. However, although there seems to be a majority from the left, the right is hardly absent. But whether that makes one faction or the other more "sensible" is highly debatable. That any group can fairly be described as trolls, I dispute. Argumentative, undoubtable, but trolls? Really? As to "massaging each others egos, who are never wrong and must always have the last word" whenever was that not the case? :-D

The thing I regret is that alternative views are so seldom put forward in sensible, coherent, reasonable terms. A forum where everyone shares the same opinion would merely be a dull, repetitive, democratically defective, echo chamber. You aren't advocating for that, are you? Surely a genuine exchange of views is good for everyone - providing it doesn't degenerate into a bar brawl. It exercises the little grey cells.

Bulletguy - 2021-04-09 5:35 PM

"Taken over by lefty rejoiner trolls", "never wrong", "must always have the last word"......... (lol)(lol)(lol)(lol)(lol)(lol)(lol)(lol)

Thats a cracker that is! Laugh of the year! (lol)(lol)(lol)(lol)(lol)(lol)(lol)(lol)

A quick browse of the first ten threads shows the majority made by the forums rabid right winging Europhobic Brexit boy.

I think you're being very unfair to our Dave, Paul. His heart's in the right place - it's only his head that's a bit wayward! :-D

Brian Kirby - 2021-04-09 5:35 PM

Brian B.

I agree that many of the posts are highly politically oriented, but that just seems to me to reflect the regrettably polarised times in which we live.

However, although there seems to be a majority from the left, the right is hardly absent.

When there are so few people on Chatterbox theses days Brian, a " majority " may only be two or three left wingers.

Maybe we just need someone from " the right " who can debate / argue without resorting to Donald Trumps level of constantly calling everyone names, in place of argument ?

Brian B.

Do you think anyone that doesn't support BoJo's Brexit deal is a lefty ?

malc d - 2021-04-09 5:52 PM

Brian B.

I agree that many of the posts are highly politically oriented, but that just seems to me to reflect the regrettably polarised times in which we live.

However, although there seems to be a majority from the left, the right is hardly absent. .

When there are so few people on Chatterbox theses days Brian, a " majority " may only be two or three left wingers.

Maybe we just need someone from " the right " who can debate / argue without resorting to Donald Trumps level of constantly calling everyone names, in place of argument ? :-D

Quite. Where are they?

Brian Kirby - 2021-04-09 5:40 PM

Bulletguy - 2021-04-09 5:35 PM

I think you're being very unfair to our Dave, Paul. His heart's in the right place - it's only his head that's a bit wayward! :-D

Just stating a fact i'd thought was plain to see.....and still is! :->

Brian Kirby - 2021-04-09 6:49 PM

Brian B.

However, although there seems to be a majority from the left, the right is hardly absent. .

Maybe we just need someone from " the right " who can debate / argue without resorting to Donald Trumps level of constantly calling everyone names, in place of argument ? :-D

Quite. Where are they?

Sitting in their rocking chairs draped in their Union flag surrounded by life size pictures of Dear Leader Johnson listening to Land of Hope and Glory......whilst the powder keg they've lit is about to explode and the country disintegrates.

Guest pelmetman

Brian B.

Us Winners should allow the Whiners somewhere to vent their impotent rage ;-) ..........

Lets face it Re joiners or Brexiteer :D ...........None of us will ever live to see the UK rejoin the EU >:-) .........

Although we may live long enough to see other countrys leave and the EU implode (lol) (lol) (lol) .........

maxresdefaultmuttley.thumb.jpg.dd1a9297218077387e06daf4302fbf39.jpg

Maybe we just need someone from " the right " who can debate / argue without resorting to Donald Trumps level of constantly calling everyone names, in place of argument ?

Well I suppose I am from "the right"

I believe in meritocracy and the free market

But how can I defend Brexit?

Or the monarchy?

Or BoJo showering the devolved nations with your money to maintain his empire at your expense?

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2021-04-10 9:57 AM

8-) ................

(lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) ...............

" Brexit " is not about being politically ' left ' or 'right'.

Plenty of Conservatives voted to remain - including MPs who have been in government.

:-|

malc d - 2021-04-10 10:27 AM

Plenty of Conservatives voted to remain - including MPs who have been in government.

Cummings saw to it that those who had voted Remain were kicked out once Johnson was in hence the utter mess and shambles they got themselves into when the pandemic arrived as by then Johnson had surrounded himself with a bunch of incompetent yes men and women.

Interestingly they were older and more experienced politicians. :-|

pelmetman - 2021-04-10 10:08 AM

8-) ................

but like everyone else, I suppose I am left wing compared to you :-S

I didn't vote for Jeremy Corbyn but he could not have made a worse job than BoJo

Bulletguy - 2021-04-10 4:21 PM

Cummings saw to it that those who had voted Remain were kicked out once Johnson was in hence the utter mess and shambles they got themselves into when the pandemic arrived as by then Johnson had surrounded himself with a bunch of incompetent yes men and women.

Interestingly they were older and more experienced politicians. :-|

Wasn't just the politicians either.

Civil Servants might have saved us from the worst of it if Cummings hadn't crushed them as well https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/nov/13/special-adviser-sacked-by-dominic-cummings-to-receive-payoff

Guest pelmetman

History will prove us right ;-) .......

Have to say even I didn't think that history would arrive so early :D ........

(lol) (lol) (lol) ............

Archived