Just for Tony

Guest Le Thou

Guest Le Thou

Can we have another section for Tony cos he doesn,t have a Motorhome and everyone else has?

What about calling it ......No Motorhome,Bored,Check out the Forum.

or,

I need to get out more,(ooops cant, no MH)

Any suggestions?

Being as I'm a very 'umble man, and not one to blow my own trumpet, I wouldn't dream of wanting a thread or section of my own, as some of our eminent friends have.

But whenever you want me to contribute my words of wisdom on any of the exciting subjects people raise, I'll see if I can find time in my busy schedule - bearing in mind that in my own (admittedly small) locality I'm something of an A-list celeb.

Tony

Guest Tracker

Well said Tony - my sentiments exactly - apart from me being a celeb, that is!

However I can see how a man of your style, looks, charisma, intelligence and great wealth would so easily become a star occupying, as you do, pride of place on the naughty step!

I was appalled when a very nice person, whose name escapes me, kindly began a very nice thread in my name and I was delighted when it quickly faded away and I returned to my usual peaceful anonymity!

Tony Jones - 2007-11-12 9:54 AM

I don't need to, all I need is the patience to wait until March. Then the rest of you can covet away to your heart's content. Except of course that the whole problem with covetting is never BEING content!

Tony

'Till March Tony???

But that's absolutely AGES away.

Aeons.

Civilisations have risen and fallen faster than that!

I just can't imagine how you are going to survive the hundreds of days, the thousands of hours, peering out from behind those net curtains as whole convoys of other Chuggers sweep past your fixed abode.

I think the best thing to help you try to pass the time would be not to think of your NEW MOTORHOME at all.

Use the time to engage in any other thoughts, but just don't allow your mind to visualise Tony in the NEW MOTORHOME at all.

Not driving your NEW MOTORHOME through the Continental countryside with birds singing in the glorious spring sunshine.

Not parking up your NEW MOTORHOME in wonderfully appointed Aires.

Not preening and polishing your NEW MOTORHOME inside and out.

I'm sure that thinking of anything else except your NEW MOTORHOME throughout the absolutely enormous span of dark Winters-time (Winters-time...getit?) between now and when it just might be ready to collect, all gleaming and shiny, will help............

We'll all assist you here at the MMM Towers Home for the Dazed and Confused, by not mentioning your NEW MOTORHOME hardly at all......

>:-) >:-) >:-) >:-) >:-) >:-)

BGD - 2007-11-12 2:37 PM

Tony Jones - 2007-11-12 9:54 AM

I don't need to, all I need is the patience to wait until March. Then the rest of you can covet away to your heart's content. Except of course that the whole problem with covetting is never BEING content!

Tony

'Till March Tony???

But that's absolutely AGES away.

Aeons.

Civilisations have risen and fallen faster than that!

I just can't imagine how you are going to survive the hundreds of days, the thousands of hours, peering out from behind those net curtains as whole convoys of other Chuggers sweep past your fixed abode.

I think the best thing to help you try to pass the time would be not to think of your NEW MOTORHOME at all.

Use the time to engage in any other thoughts, but just don't allow your mind to visualise Tony in the NEW MOTORHOME at all.

Not driving your NEW MOTORHOME through the Continental countryside with birds singing in the glorious spring sunshine.

Not parking up your NEW MOTORHOME in wonderfully appointed Aires.

Not preening and polishing your NEW MOTORHOME inside and out.

I'm sure that thinking of anything else except your NEW MOTORHOME throughout the absolutely enormous span of dark Winters-time (Winters-time...getit?) between now and when it just might be ready to collect, all gleaming and shiny, will help............

We'll all assist you here at the MMM Towers Home for the Dazed and Confused, by not mentioning your NEW MOTORHOME hardly at all......

>:-) >:-) >:-) >:-) >:-) >:-)

When did you say you were getting your new motorhome Tony??

1st March - but having spent nearly 8 years with a van in which I wouldn't have dreamt of sleeping in winter, I'm quite uesd to a "closed season," so all attempts to wind me up over this delay are doomed to fail.

This is the very last winter when I won't have a camper on the road. After that - well, just imagine this in Moondust Silver and covet away!!!

cavarno.jpg.eee8c22dbfdd50c7f466a92c3f6e313e.jpg

I just hope there is an adequate wine cellar,Tony (lol)

Is it true what I heard this week - that Ministers aren't allowed to pour any Communion wine away, so they have to drink it?

Apparently if they have several services to conduct on a Sunday,they run the risk of being over the drink-drive limit *-)

J9withdogs - 2007-11-12 4:42 PM

I just hope there is an adequate wine cellar,Tony (lol)

Is it true what I heard this week - that Ministers aren't allowed to pour any Communion wine away, so they have to drink it?

Apparently if they have several services to conduct on a Sunday,they run the risk of being over the drink-drive limit *-)

That only applies in the Church of England. And unfortunately ours is non-alcoholic anyway (like the Methodists). Dreadful stuff - the one consolation when we had a break-in a couple of years back was that the idiots had drunk loads of it!!

Tony

Prayer for Tony ...

Give me the strength Lord to resist the temptation

Not to covet motorhomes of the ‘MMM’ nation

May I not be jealous of the enjoyment of others

And rejoice in the delight of my motorhome ‘brothers’

Help me keep smiling when testing times draw

My mind to the joys of a nice ‘van I saw …

To bare all the teasing and ignore the allure

Of the shinny new motorhome and keep my thoughts pure

Give me the courage to keep up the grinning

When my brain, full of motorhome images, is spinning

Whilst perusing the Forum, may I forgive the poor twits

Who try to entice with their travel “tit-bits”

I know when the time comes it will be oh so great

At sight of my new “Hannibal” – it’ll be worth the wait

But in the ‘dark’ time existing twixt then and now

Help me O’Lord, into despair not to bow

I’ll promise to be good, as I pray on my knees

So Lord, can you help, make the time fly by ... PLEASE!!!!!

Looking back along this thread (and some postings on others!) one or two people seem to have got the idea that I have nothing to do all day except mooch around on here waiting for my new van :-( . I'm grateful for all your kind thoughts and sympathy, BUT ...

I DO have a "day-job," and sometimes it even includes weekdays :-D, so you don't need to feel quite so sorry for me. But since I'm in this room several times each day, I take a perverse pleasure in logging on and seeing what you lot are up to.

So I'm off now, I'll look in again later in the day!

Tony

Guest Tracker
Tony Jones - 2007-11-12 4:31 PM

1st March - but having spent nearly 8 years with a van in which I wouldn't have dreamt of sleeping in winter, I'm quite uesd to a "closed season," so all attempts to wind me up over this delay are doomed to fail.

This is the very last winter when I won't have a camper on the road. After that - well, just imagine this in Moondust Silver and covet away!!!

That's a super looking machine Tony and I hope that Hanibal II will serve you long and well.

Just rewards for an all round decent guy in my view.

Hey up Tony, a little Hymn for you, just remember to sing the right words in church!

Amazing Grace how sweet the sound

Of our new ‘van will be

It’s silver sheen

Will look serene

For all the world to see!

Twas on the forum I did hear

The tales that friends all told

In their ‘little’ toys

They extolled the joys

Whilst out and about they rolled

We haven’t got that long to wait

‘Til around Europe we’ll roam

When work is done

We’ll have such fun

In our nice new motorhome!

B-)

• 2 weeks later...

Oh naughty Tony, what on earth have you been up to?

So that's where the money for "Hannibal 2" came from...........

See the full report on the BBC website, with photo (which bears a striking resemblance to our own between-vans-man) here:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/nottinghamshire/7118579.stm

B-)

Preacher jailed over £51m fraud.

Malcolm Edwards-Sayer carried out his scam over an 18-month period

A lay preacher who bought himself a lordship has been jailed for 10 years for a £51m VAT scam and stealing from personal injury claimants.

Malcolm Edwards-Sayer, 49, from Bramcote, admitted eight counts of conspiracy to cheat the public revenue.

An investigation by HM Revenue and Customs uncovered the "carousel fraud".

But Nottingham Crown Court also heard eight other defendants walked free due to what the judge called "comprehensive failures" by the prosecution.

Edwards-Sayer manipulated the VAT system pretending to import mobile phones, computer chips and sat nav equipment, claiming back VAT every time the goods supposedly left the UK.

The goods in question never actually existed and the scam carried on over a 10-month period.

He was jailed for six-and-a-half years for the fraud and a further three-and-a-half years for stealing £18,000 from injury claimants passed on to him by Claims Direct, a charge he also admitted.

In addition, Edwards-Sayer was banned from running any type of company for the next 12 years.

The court heard that Edwards-Sayer set up a number of companies from his home, importing the imaginary goods from EU countries without VAT - and then sold them on with VAT added through a chain of companies.

After being sold on a number of times, the equipment - which in fact existed only on paper - was then exported back to the EU.

The companies would then go missing before the VAT inspectors had the chance to get the cash.

Having bought himself a Lordship, Edwards-Sayer set up an offshore bank account in the name of Lord Houghton to siphon off money.

At the time of his arrest Edwards-Sayer was lecturing in law at South East Derbyshire College and was also a part-time lay preacher with the Diocese of Southwell.

Archived