Just watched Rainman

Mick H.

Ah Mick - prefer Laphroaig myself - you can smell and taste the peat. Wonderful stuff and I am a poor Englishman who cannot get enough of the good stuff.

As regards the film - excellent - Dustin Hoffman plays a blinder - on a par with Midnight Cowboy.

Sadly another fair bit of a bottle of rioja has just disapeared somewhere?

I blame the cat.

Ah Mick - prefer Laphroaig myself - you can smell and taste the peat. Wonderful stuff and I am a poor Englishman who cannot get enough of the good stuff.

As regards the film - excellent - Dustin Hoffman plays a blinder - on a par with Midnight Cowboy.

Sadly another fair bit of a bottle of rioja has just disapeared somewhere?

I blame the cat.

Oh Mick I could go on and on about my favourite films.... I've actually just watched Shine for the first time, not a new film, but it really moved me as it was about a young man who played the piano and he played Rachmamninov music (Theme from Paganini being my favourite) for a taste of it click on this and listen to first two minutes (gets heavy after that)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90MuPqYtV_k&feature=related

Also try Meet Joe Black with Antony Hopkins and Robert Redford

and a BRILLIANT film The Usual Suspects with Kevin Spacey

and oh the list goes on and on. Just a real movie fan. Joy

ROON - 2008-07-23 2:56 AM

Oh Mick I could go on and on about my favourite films.... I've actually just watched Shine for the first time, not a new film, but it really moved me as it was about a young man who played the piano and he played Rachmamninov music (Theme from Paganini being my favourite) for a taste of it click on this and listen to first two minutes (gets heavy after that)

How about A Beautiful Mind with Russell Crowe Now there's an actor.Lives the part.

Mick H.

ROON - 2008-07-23 2:56 AM

How about A Beautiful Mind with Russell Crowe Now there's an actor.Lives the part.

Mick H.

wow Mick, you look just like someone I've seen lately ..... er... now who is it.... just can't put my finger on it.

:-D

Yes agree about Russel Crowe ....

Is there only Mick and myself enjoy films *-)

Hi Mick glad to see you're ok .

Now if you enjoyed Rainman I guess you would enjoy Mr Jones with Richard Gere fantastic he plays a manic depressive ..Don't let that put you off You know I look after the kids so I am lways looking at things like this .

It was played fantastically the highs and the lows.

Henriettas Dream By Henrietta Spink that is an eye opener the book is also fantastic .

I liked the fantasy of the new film Stardust .

I loved Conair with Nicholas Cage

I loved The Rock Sean Connery and Nicholas cage .

I loved the Commitments.

I Loved Snatch by Guy Ritchie .

I can think of loads all worth watching at the moment I am looking for Nil By Mouth Kathy Burke & Ray Winston .

Michele, when you say you are 'looking for', do you buy them in charity shops? or on the web? I think I would like to start building up a dvd library myself - there are such brilliant films out there.

Clive, I think 'Nicholas' Mick has made you see double again, hasn't he? :-S

No Joy I don't I might ask my daughter to look for it at the Blockbusters but usually if I see it I buy it ,In saying that of most I own there isnt many I would watch & watch ...If its god when I get to see it I will buy it .

I love Ray Winston perhaps i could pop around his house and ask to borrow it I bet he has a copy :D

ROON - 2008-07-23 4:44 PM

wow Mick, you look just like someone I've seen lately ..... er... now who is it.... just can't put my finger on it.

:)

It's not a very good picture I was on the run in the Urals at the time,with John Lenin or somebody chasing me.

Mick H.

Is he the one that was on that programme where they all had to lose weight each week? or have I got the wrong one - bad on names!

Film that really affected me: WARRIORS (This one - there are several others with the same title, but this one is definitely a must see)

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm3095830016/tt0119873

(and if you enjoy that film The Heart of Danger by Gerald seymour is a must-read book)

LordThornber - 2008-07-23 6:17 PM

michele - 2008-07-23 5:27 PM

I love Ray Winston perhaps i could pop around his house and ask to borrow it I bet he has a copy :D

I thought he took a good part in Minder as Arthur Daleys mechanic, Arnie.

Remember that??

Martyn

Oh yes i do and I also remeber him in Aufweidersen Pet do you ?

michele - 2008-07-23 6:49 PM

LordThornber - 2008-07-23 6:17 PM

michele - 2008-07-23 5:27 PM

I thought he took a good part in Minder as Arthur Daleys mechanic, Arnie.

Remember that??

Martyn

Oh yes i do and I also remeber him in Aufweidersen Pet do you ?

Was he the soldier who went AWOL Michele?

Thanks Michele, that was who I thought it was. I think there is something ruggedly attractive about him, but then I saw him being interviewed on some tv show and he was really aggressive and I went right off him.

Janine, you got it in one there luv.

Mick H. - 2008-07-23 6:09 PM

The Jazz Singer with Neil Diamond and L,aurance of Olivier

Mick H.

Agree absolutely Mick - great film, great soundtrack, I especially liked the part when they were all singing "Robert E Lee" and pratting around, and wasn't Paul Nicholas good as the obnoxious pop star!!!

I like "Steel Magnolias" and "Terms of Endearment", "Pretty Woman" (so does my hubby! 8-) ). The orignal Star Wars movies were great fun. And, of course, "Some like it Hot" - brilliant! Can't wait to get my hands on the new "Wall-E" film that's out!

Just seen a new film called "Pathology" ... a bit 'gorey' as it's about ... pathology ... but it really is good, a thriller right up to the bitter end.

I could go on, and on, and on ....

Mel B - 2008-07-23 8:34 PM

Mick H. - 2008-07-23 6:09 PM

The Jazz Singer with Neil Diamond and L,aurance of Olivier

Mick H.

Agree absolutely Mick - great film, great soundtrack, I especially liked the part when they were all singing "Robert E Lee" and pratting around, and wasn't Paul Nicholas good as the obnoxious pop star!!!

I like "Steel Magnolias" and "Terms of Endearment", "Pretty Woman" (so does my hubby! 8-) ). The orignal Star Wars movies were great fun. And, of course, "Some like it Hot" - brilliant! Can't wait to get my hands on the new "Wall-E" film that's out!

Just seen a new film called "Pathology" ... a bit 'gorey' as it's about ... pathology ... but it really is good, a thriller right up to the bitter end.

I could go on, and on, and on ....

Everybodys hubby likes Pretty Woman.We are all in love with Julia Roberts.

Archived