Lady with a Ring

kelly58

Last week we were in Paris and noticed a lot of " Imigrants " selling small Eiffel Tower souveneers also some what seemed like travelling women asking for money on the pretence they have a sick child , but I may be thick or nieve but there was this " lady " who appeared to pick up a gold ring to which she asked me if I thought it was Gold and then tried to give it to me to which I refused and made out I did not understand her no doubt this was a scam and I would like to know how it works just out of curiosity if anyone has the answer ??

Crumbs, Kelly.... 8-) Bit like a Miss Marple story innit?

Once in Rome when my dad was on holiday and he was old (making me even angrier) some 'traveller types' pretended to fall in front of him, (a 'pregnant' woman). When my dad bent down to help her she pulled him onto the floor and several others appeared from nowhere and attacked and robbed him. Maybe she was trying to get close enough to grab your hands so you could be pushed to the floor and robbed?

OR Maybe she had stolen the ring and seen that she was being followed by the police and wanted to get rid of it quickly before they stopped and searched her?

OR Maybe she suspected you could be her long-lost-mum and the ring was all she had left in her baby blanket when she was dumped outside the convent and she wanted to watch your reaction when you saw it?

OR Gosh! This is fun :-D Does no-one else have any storylines?

Funny how the scams vary from place to place.

We were in Cambridge a couple of weeks ago and were approached twice by people wanting money for the bus. In one case it was a young woman with a £20 note in her hand asking for £2 to get her brother home "but she didn't want to break into the note". The other was a lad of about 19 or 20 wanting 90p for his bus fare; could have easily walked the distance that would have got him.

BTW, they were both local judging by their accents.

Graham

When we first moved to this region, we went on a daytrip to Cambridge. Whilst walking through a nice park or some gardens, can't remember which, this ne'er do well approached and asked me for money. I told him I was sorry but I was unemployed and broke too. Cheeky b****ar said "its about time you found yourself a job then* Honestly, some people!

Archived