Latest Black Police Shooting Victim ...

Birdbrain

The BBC coverage of this latest shooting highlights the seven shots in the suspect's back but makes no mention of what he was doing at the time, which may have been reaching for a weapon as well as resisting arrest on suspicion of criminal behaviour. Likewise the BBC made no comment when a black demonstrator explained the looting and burning which had been a feature of the demonstrating as "that's part of it", i.e. considered to be a necessary part but the BBC highlighted action by armed people (whom they judged to be and called called vigilantes or militia) who were setting out to protect themselves and their property from looting and burning, including discharging a weapon as a number of attacking demonstrators were about to overun and overwhelm one of them - but it was reported that two demonstrators had earlier been shot.

I'm not suggesting that we lose sight of the seven shots in the back of the suspect by police or the undesireability (from a British viewpoint) of the right to bear arms but we do need to hear the context properly reported too and the BBC appears to me to be biased in it's reporting, to be failing to report that the man who was shot was a suspect ofcriminal activity and to be condoning looting and burning, which I don't think they should be doing.

According to American news reports Police were called to a domestic where Blake was trying to de-escalate a fight between two women. When they arrived they tasered Blake( to little effect) who then walked to his car which had his kids in. The Police officer was trying to hold on to Blake’s shirt but when he opened his car door he was shot at point blank range 7times in the back.

Police in the states shouldn’t even be near water pistols until they have some sort of training.

StuartO - 2020-08-27 8:37 AM

The BBC coverage of this latest shooting highlights the seven shots in the suspect's back but makes no mention of what he was doing at the time, which may have been reaching for a weapon as well as resisting arrest on suspicion of criminal behaviour. Likewise the BBC made no comment when a black demonstrator explained the looting and burning which had been a feature of the demonstrating as "that's part of it", i.e. considered to be a necessary part but the BBC highlighted action by armed people (whom they judged to be and called called vigilantes or militia) who were setting out to protect themselves and their property from looting and burning, including discharging a weapon as a number of attacking demonstrators were about to overun and overwhelm one of them - but it was reported that two demonstrators had earlier been shot.

I'm not suggesting that we lose sight of the seven shots in the back of the suspect by police or the undesireability (from a British viewpoint) of the right to bear arms but we do need to hear the context properly reported too and the BBC appears to me to be biased in it's reporting, to be failing to report that the man who was shot was a suspect ofcriminal activity and to be condoning looting and burning, which I don't think they should be doing.

The BBC showed a video of the last minute or so before he was shot.

They also showed two people on the street in a US city which had riots, it illustrated the fact that these riots unleash those who just want to smash and burn, what bias do you think there is?

jumpstart - 2020-08-27 10:35 AM

According to American news reports Police were called to a domestic where Blake was trying to de-escalate a fight between two women. When they arrived they tasered Blake( to little effect) who then walked to his car which had his kids in. The Police officer was trying to hold on to Blake’s shirt but when he opened his car door he was shot at point blank range 7times in the back.

Police in the states shouldn’t even be near water pistols until they have some sort of training.

The answer to the problem seems so obvious to me.

If the police were banned from shooting unarmed people for no good reason - there would be no riots.

At the moment the rioters ( and I don't know who they are ) are playing into the hands of Trumps election campaign.

:-(

The BBC coverage of this latest shooting highlights the seven shots in the suspect's back but makes no mention of what he was doing at the time, which may have been reaching for a weapon as well as resisting arrest on suspicion of criminal behaviour.

Or maybe he was returning to his car and who has the weapon drawn, the police or Jacob Blake? Here is a short clip so decide for yourself.

Jacob Blake has now ended up paralysed after having seven shots pumped into his back.

https://tinyurl.com/y4gvwvge

malc d - 2020-08-27 1:26 PM

If the police were banned from shooting unarmed people for no good reason - there would be no riots.

At the moment the rioters ( and I don't know who they are ) are playing into the hands of Trumps election campaign.

Malc i agree but you're talking about a country led by a pro-gun idiot whose campaign was funded by the NRA.

747 - 2020-08-27 3:34 PM

So some people still watch the BBC News?

I gave up a while back as they have completely lost the plot. In fact BBC and News in the same sentence is an oxymoron. *-)

There are so many alternatives available now for obtaining " news " - but very limited alternatives for hearing ' facts '

I agree that the BBC rather lost the plot as far as news goes - at least 50% of their output is speculation or Westminster gossip - but I do trust them for " facts " - That is one of the benefits we get from regulated media.

Too many people - lots of youngsters it has been reported - think that Facebook, Twitter and other social media ( which are totally unregulated ) are News Channels .

Looks like that's where a lot of people go to find ' facts ' that fit their own agenda, and they are not required to be true.

:'(

Guest pelmetman
malc d - 2020-08-27 4:44 PM

747 - 2020-08-27 3:34 PM

So some people still watch the BBC News?

I gave up a while back as they have completely lost the plot. In fact BBC and News in the same sentence is an oxymoron. *-)

There are so many alternatives available now for obtaining " news " - but very limited alternatives for hearing ' facts '

I agree that the BBC rather lost the plot as far as news goes - at least 50% of their output is speculation or Westminster gossip - but I do trust them for " facts " - That is one of the benefits we get from regulated media.

Too many people - lots of youngsters it has been reported - think that Facebook, Twitter and other social media ( which are totally unregulated ) are News Channels .

Looks like that's where a lot of people go to find ' facts ' that fit their own agenda, and they are not required to be true.

:'(

To be fair their O'clock news is pretty factual ;-) ........

It's their Breakfast program that is clearly left of Loony Left with its bias *-) .........

Hopefully they will be defunded and have to live in the real world........like me >:-) ........

malc d - 2020-08-27 1:26 PM

Chuckle ... To be a drip ... Not long ago here in the pits a local Muslim drug dealer was shot thankfully dead by nasty raciiiiist armed cops ... He was unarmed but was reaching down to pick up a gun in his motor ... Maybe the nasty fuzz should have waited till he chucked off a couple of rounds ... Lordy My Boss

Bulletguy - 2020-08-27 2:50 PM

The BBC coverage of this latest shooting highlights the seven shots in the suspect's back but makes no mention of what he was doing at the time, which may have been reaching for a weapon as well as resisting arrest on suspicion of criminal behaviour.

Or maybe he was returning to his car and who has the weapon drawn, the police or Jacob Blake? Here is a short clip so decide for yourself.

Jacob Blake has now ended up paralysed after having seven shots pumped into his back.

He has now admitted to having a knife in the car which was found in the front footwell. In the video (I've seen clearer ones which are a few seconds longer) he can be seen reaching into the footwell.

colin - 2020-08-27 7:01 PM

He has now admitted to having a knife in the car which was found in the front footwell. In the video (I've seen clearer ones which are a few seconds longer) he can be seen reaching into the footwell.

Still way too trigger happy and ott and ooc. They were pumping rounds into him as he opened the damn door! Had he stood facing them with his arms in the air they'd no doubt have still shot him.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2020-08-27 7:42 PM

Still way too trigger happy and ott and ooc. They were pumping rounds into him as he opened the damn door! Had he stood facing them with his arms in the air they'd no doubt have still shot him.

I blame the Bullet makers ;-) .........

Guns are useless without them >:-) .......

pelmetman - 2020-08-27 7:55 PM

USA manufacture their own supplying to military and shopping mall gun shops. UK supplies solely under control of NATO and MoD.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2020-08-27 8:42 PM

USA manufacture their own supplying to military and shopping mall gun shops. UK supplies solely under control of NATO and MoD.

So Nato munitions don't end up in the hands of terrorists? ;-) .......

http://rinf.com/alt-news/multimedia/video-turning-blind-eye-nato-weapons-reportedly-end-up-in-hands-of-jihadists-fighting-in-syria/

Oooops >:-) .........

pelmetman - 2020-08-27 9:05 PM

http://rinf.com/alt-news/multimedia/video-turning-blind-eye-nato-weapons-reportedly-end-up-in-hands-of-jihadists-fighting-in-syria/

Bulgaria isn't answerable to the MoD, *-)

But as you want to play the blame shift game it doesn't take much to find the US have been supplying IS an Al Qaeda. https://gabbard.house.gov/news/StopArmingTerrorists

https://tass.com/world/1019886

So Ooooops indeed.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2020-08-27 10:09 PM

But as you want to play the blame shift game it doesn't take much to find the US have been supplying IS an Al Qaeda. https://gabbard.house.gov/news/StopArmingTerrorists

So Ooooops indeed.

You said....."UK supplies solely under control of ***NATO*** and MoD." ;-) ........

Oooop's indeed >:-) .......

maxresdefaultmuttley.thumb.jpg.ba1cb8c870e5bba978ae4c66a65abd04.jpg

pelmetman - 2020-08-27 10:13 PM

So Ooooops indeed.

You said....."UK supplies solely under control of ***NATO*** and MoD." ;-) ........

You haven't a clue on the subject. NATO is the qualification standard, thats all. I knew it would confuse you. So your attempt at blame shifting was a major fail as Bulgaria is nothing to do with the MoD. And you've ignored those links about the US supplying....too embarrassing for you to tackle eh? There's lot's more links too.....all connected back to the US.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2020-08-27 10:23 PM

pelmetman - 2020-08-27 10:13 PM

So Ooooops indeed.

You haven't a clue on the subject. NATO is the qualification standard, thats all. I knew it would confuse you. So your attempt at blame shifting was a major fail as Bulgaria is nothing to do with the MoD. And you've ignored those links about the US supplying....too embarrassing for you to tackle eh? There's lot's more links too.....all connected back to the US.

So is that all the North Atlantic Treaty Organisation is responsible for? >:-) ........

Damn your Dumber than I given your credit for Dumb Dumb (lol) ,,,,,,,,

maxresdefaultmuttley.thumb.jpg.ea730d448fdac556a1830d4d4ae58347.jpg

Archived