Lewis Hamilton

Guest Tracker

Guest Tracker

That was quite a race and one of the best for a long time and so very fittingly we have a British F1 champion again after a 12 year wait.

Massa drove superbly and the right man won the race on the day but without doubt having fought off all comers - including the 'establishment' - with dignity and good humour.

All I can say is very well done to Ron Dennis, the Mclaren Mercedes F1 team and most of all the Hamilton family who are a true credit to this country and real role models.

Guest Tracker
I suspect that, like so many multiple champions before him, Lewis will find it less difficult emotionally in the future having got the first one under his belt in spite of the establishment.

It seems almost impossibly close, with half a lap left sitting watching saying how can he have lost it, but overtakes Glock in sight of finnish! thought it was going to be like Nigel losing when all he needed to do was finnish and then his tyre exploded.

'normaly' F1 world champion can expect to be sport personalty of year, but with the olympics maybe not?

Tracker - 2008-11-02 7:55 PM

And now it's time for some real irreverence and some refreshingly non PC TV with the experts - yes folks Top Gear is back!

Don't want to spoil it for anyone who is intending to catch it on the repeat but the HGV bits were absolutely hilarious. Whether you like JC & the boys or not it really is worth a look.

;-)

Guest Tracker
net-traveller - 2008-11-03 11:56 AM

Tracker - 2008-11-02 7:55 PM

And now it's time for some real irreverence and some refreshingly non PC TV with the experts - yes folks Top Gear is back!

Don't want to spoil it for anyone who is intending to catch it on the repeat but the HGV bits were absolutely hilarious. Whether you like JC & the boys or not it really is worth a look.

;-)

Agreed - political correctness at it's very very best.

Looking forward to when they race buses, but the best of all looks to be when they teach caravans to fly!

They are big kids BUt I love it . I never fail to laugh I mean how can you loose a car out of the back and not even know it .

Must admit i did wonder if they make it look worse for fun or they really dont know they have mirrors there, must say they didnt judge things with the back end very well ...maybe they were just messing for the fun of it :D

Guest Tracker
michele - 2008-11-03 3:01 PM

They are big kids BUt I love it . I never fail to laugh I mean how can you loose a car out of the back and not even know it .

Must admit i did wonder if they make it look worse for fun or they really dont know they have mirrors there, must say they didnt judge things with the back end very well ...maybe they were just messing for the fun of it :D

Don't be fooled Michele - they know EXACTLY what they are doing and a lot of it would have to be very carefully pre planned for it to work. The real professionalism is in making it all look spontaneous - with no bad language or offensive behaviour either - wonderful entertainment - and a real credit to the Beeb.

He took us to the wire but what a worthy champion, he has acted with dignity and respect through a tough year with all Alonso's nasty tricks and net campaigns, Massa is a thoroughly good guy, but so pleased for Lewis and his family well done, and I think the best s yet to come. Carol.

Anyone hear what actually happened with Glock? I know he was on slicks but according ti the commentary his lap times weren't suffering, then suddenly he's slowed a lot and Hamilton went past him like he was stopped.

One of the commentators suggested he'd been told to slow down but then nothing more was said. What was that all about? Why would Toyota do that anyway?

parkmoy - 2008-11-03 8:13 PM

Anyone hear what actually happened with Glock? I know he was on slicks but according ti the commentary his lap times weren't suffering, then suddenly he's slowed a lot and Hamilton went past him like he was stopped.

One of the commentators suggested he'd been told to slow down but then nothing more was said. What was that all about? Why would Toyota do that anyway?

No Toyota wouldn't do that, it was still raining, as the water builds up there gets a point where slicks can't cope and then allso they get cold and suddenly it's just try and stay on curcuit

Whilst it is well done to Hamilton, I for one have lost enthusiasm for him as a person due to him becoming a tax exile. Why shouldn't he pay back into the country that has allowed him to achieve what he has?

He didn't mind all of us tax payers giving him his education and (I mean no disrespect here) paying for his family's treatment on the NHS over the years.

As always just my opinion.

Bas

Archived