Liz Truss replaces Lord Frost

Bulletguy

Well, I seem to recall that Liz Truss was a remainer, so it's not too surprising if she said that.

As she is now seen as a rival for Johnsons job, I would assume that Johnson has given her the difficult Brexit job in the hope that she fails - and he can blame her.

;-)

malc d - 2021-12-19 9:10 PM

Well, I seem to recall that Liz Truss was a remainer, so it's not too surprising if she said that.

She was right......and Brexiters still cannot name a country we'd get a better deal with! (lol)(lol)

As she is now seen as a rival for Johnsons job, I would assume that Johnson has given her the difficult Brexit job in the hope that she fails - and he can blame her.

;-)

That's a certainty.

It's reported that Liz Truss hopes to be leader of the Tory party / Prime Minister, some day.

Although a remainer, she has been given the chance to sort out the mess that Brexit is in.

If she succeeds it will help her ambitions considerably.

If she fails it will help Boris Johnsons ambition to stay in power considerably.

( He may well have his fingers crossed that she does fail ).

I'm no fan of Liz Truss, but I can see the logic of what she is doing.

;-)

mtravel - 2021-12-20 2:58 PM

I understand.

Sort of a savior of the homeland like Churchill in 1940.

To be ousted when WWII was over.

Good luck

Nothing whatever like Churchill - Churchill led a coalition government, NOT a Tory government..

It was the Tory party that got a good kicking after the war - - they were kicked out in spite of the fact that Churchill was their leader.

... and I suspect that if they hadn't been kicked out, we wouldn't have the NHS

;-)

malc d - 2021-12-20 2:46 PM

It's reported that Liz Truss hopes to be leader of the Tory party / Prime Minister, some day.

Although a remainer, she has been given the chance to sort out the mess that Brexit is in.

If she succeeds it will help her ambitions considerably.

If she fails it will help Boris Johnsons ambition to stay in power considerably.

( He may well have his fingers crossed that she does fail ).

I'm no fan of Liz Truss, but I can see the logic of what she is doing.

;-)

Johnsons days are numbered now Malc no matter what. He was brought down by Peppa Pig and Partygate. :-D

Even his only fan on OAL has deserted him and run off to hide, last seen weeping over images of his fallen idol. (lol)(lol)

1336893462_Johnsondummy.jpg.c8f6fbc6e77092655ecd9e1fd26be69c.jpg

malc d - 2021-12-20 3:17 PM

I understand.

Good luck

Nothing whatever like Churchill - Churchill led a coalition government, NOT a Tory government..

It was the Tory party that got a good kicking after the war - - they were kicked out in spite of the fact that Churchill was their leader.

;-)

He likes styling himself on Churchill though and quite obsessive about it. Yes I think the coalition part often gets overlooked when referring to wartime governance. People speak only of "the Tory government" which wasn't true.

This is a good read and funny in parts;

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/mar/20/johnson-as-churchill-history-repeat-as-farce

Bulletguy - 2021-12-20 3:54 PM

I understand.

Good luck

;-)

He likes styling himself on Churchill though ...............

Not very successfully though, in spite of help from the media.

For a start, Churchill didn't go around looking like a dishevelled heap.

;-)

malc d - 2021-12-20 4:04 PM

Bulletguy - 2021-12-20 3:54 PM

I understand.

Good luck

;-)

He likes styling himself on Churchill though ...............

Not very successfully though, in spite of help from the media.

For a start, Churchill didn't go around looking like a dishevelled heap.

;-)

Yes he dressed properly and didn't look like he'd just got out of bed......but then Churchill was a professional politician and statesman.

Johnson is a scruffy idler whose school reports described his attitude to work as "disgracefully cavalier" and "affronted when criticised for what amounts to a gross failure of responsibility". It also went on to say, "I think he honestly believes that it is churlish of us not to regard him as an exception, one who should be free of the network of obligation which binds everyone else.”

How true that is of him today.

https://tinyurl.com/3z296a2m

Well I hope she does a better job than Frosty, but then that wouldn't be hard, he negotiated the NI protocol which was lauded by Kemal as being brilliant for NI, just months later Frosty and Kemal where saying how bad it was. He then repeatedly threatened to evoke article 16 until the new German chancellor told him to shut his gob, he then slunk off with his tail between his legs, totally humiliating this fine country.

Archived