London to lose €800bn to Frankfurt

Bulletguy

This is what Brexiters call "project fear"......and still do whilst continuing to plunder and trash what bit is left of the shrinking Isle of Brexsh1t. *-)

London will lose up to to €800bn (£700bn) in assets to rival financial hub Frankfurt by March 2019 as banks start to transfer business to the German city before Brexit day. “All in all, we expect a transfer of €750bn to €800bn in assets from London to Frankfurt, the majority of which will be transferred in the first quarter of 2019,” said Hubertus Väth, the managing director of Frankfurt Main Finance.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/nov/29/london-to-lose-800bn-to-frankfurt-as-banks-prepare-for-brexit

pelmetman - 2018-12-04 8:14 AM

So is it our money? ;-) ..........

Nope *-) .........But it makes a good Remoaner propaganda headline >:-) .......

Typically you ignore the blindingly obvious. Not only does it generate vast amounts of income to the country but also thousands of jobs......which you've handed over to your arch 'enemy' Germany.

Well done. *-)

Dave, this is a serious issue. Banking and financial services is the largest part of the UK economy, in terme of earnings. Manufacturing has shrunk dramatically ove the past few decades. If financial services take their earnings elsewhere, we shall lose and they will gain. That means government revenues will fall. So, if you want the roads fixed, the health service properly funded, ditto the schools, ditto defence, ditto welfare, etc. etc. you don't want that part of the economy that earns the most, so pays the most in taxes to leave the UK. So yes, it is "our" money, and it is a great deal of it.

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2018-12-04 3:40 PM

Dave, this is a serious issue. Banking and financial services is the largest part of the UK economy, in terme of earnings. Manufacturing has shrunk dramatically ove the past few decades. If financial services take their earnings elsewhere, we shall lose and they will gain. That means government revenues will fall. So, if you want the roads fixed, the health service properly funded, ditto the schools, ditto defence, ditto welfare, etc. etc. you don't want that part of the economy that earns the most, so pays the most in taxes to leave the UK. So yes, it is "our" money, and it is a great deal of it.

It's 800 billion of assets Brian ;-) ..........

Not UK income *-) .........

I wont lose any sleep over the relocation of a few spiv's :D ..........

It should be a concern. All I keep hearing though at the moment is about the fishing industry. Fishing makes up less than 1% of GDP yet Services is 80%. Fishing employs about 24000 people whereas millions are employed within the services sector both directly and indirectly. Nobody seems fussed about that though and I wonder if again its all about Bravado and seeing those bloody funny foreigners out of our waters, maybe lobbing a few rotten Haddocks at them. Much more chest thumping than worrying about what really is the core of our economy being handed over to Germany without anyone seemingly bothered or maybe aware.

Manufacturing is down to less than 10% of our economy now I believe. The most important thing we need is single market membership and then the Customs union but those are dirty words on here to some. The mind boggles. shooting yourself in the face will be our new national sport I reckon.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2018-12-04 4:24 PM

pelmetman - 2018-12-04 3:50 PM

Yes this looks more like your 'answer'.......vacuous. *-)

Ooooh bitchy so early :D .........are you tired Bullet?........Perhaps you should go to bed rather than stay up posting at 3 am in the morning ;-) ..........

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2018-12-04 4:43 PM

It should be a concern. All I keep hearing though at the moment is about the fishing industry. Fishing makes up less than 1% of GDP yet Services is 80%. Fishing employs about 24000 people whereas millions are employed within the services sector both directly and indirectly. Nobody seems fussed about that though and I wonder if again its all about Bravado and seeing those bloody funny foreigners out of our waters, maybe lobbing a few rotten Haddocks at them. Much more chest thumping than worrying about what really is the core of our economy being handed over to Germany without anyone seemingly bothered or maybe aware.

Manufacturing is down to less than 10% of our economy now I believe. The most important thing we need is single market membership and then the Customs union but those are dirty words on here to some. The mind boggles. shooting yourself in the face will be our new national sport I reckon.

Seems like the perfect time to rebalance our economy and become less reliant on spivs ;-) .........

Or have you Remoaners "conveniently forgotten" the billions they cost us with the financial crisis? *-) ........

pelmetman - 2018-12-04 4:52 PM...............….Seems like the perfect time to rebalance our economy and become less reliant on spivs ;-) .........

Or have you Remoaners "conveniently forgotten" the billions they cost us with the financial crisis? *-) ........

Strange to see a person so dedicated to saving money being so carless with such vast sums! What has the financial crisis to do with where the financial services companies locate? You won't get your own back on financial services by waving them bye-bye. If the money goes, it won't come back. Germany millions, UK nil. Good score Dave!

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2018-12-04 6:26 PM

pelmetman - 2018-12-04 4:52 PM...............….Seems like the perfect time to rebalance our economy and become less reliant on spivs ;-) .........

Strange to see a person so dedicated to saving money being so carless with such vast sums! What has the financial crisis to do with where the financial services companies locate? You won't get your own back on financial services by waving them bye-bye. If the money goes, it won't come back. Germany millions, UK nil. Good score Dave!

It's not our money Brian *-) ..........

It's funny how they don't say how much the UK "Actually" benefits from their presence? ;-) ...........

I guess that wont sound as impressive as 800 billion >:-) ..........

pelmetman - 2018-12-04 6:57 PM

Brian Kirby - 2018-12-04 6:26 PM

It's not our money Brian *-) ..........

It's funny how they don't say how much the UK "Actually" benefits from their presence? ;-) ...........

I guess that wont sound as impressive as 800 billion >:-) ..........

I'll simplify it for you by excluding the actual business taxes we will lose and look just at the human factor alone. Approx 10,000 jobs will relocate. That's one heck of a lot of NI and tax payments gone from the Exchequer. Add the collateral damage that brings suffering to smaller businesses such as the lunch break sandwich shops, pubs, restaurants, coffee bars......everywhere those people used to frequent. Those places along with many many more benefited from their presence but needless to say their futures will now be in jeopardy too.

And then people wonder how and why we've become the laughing stock of Europe.

Archived