Lordy My Boss ...

Birdbrain

I think he is right about the financials but it was our own treasury, well particularly George Osbornes opinion that focused on that. I presume you read the whole article. He goes on to say "“You were fighting a campaign which was patently mendacious. I mean there were big porky pie lies,” Rose insists.

“We never were giving £350 million a week to the European [union]…That [was] a massive lie. There was lots of other innuendo, wasn’t there? About people arriving from Turkey. That was just a lie, a scare story. That was Project Fear but it was Project Fear that pressed the right button for people to vote.”

If you continue to read he kind of confirms that the rest of so called Project fear is coming true, albeit because of a fingers in the dam bare bones Brexit deal a slow puncture rather than a blow out and of course he also mentions the pandemic acting like a smoke shield.

Otherwise I think he is right. The remain campaign focused on the wrong issues but was also split over several campaigns but lets be totally clear here where the real lies were coming from. Johnson and the leave campaign. No competition.

Barryd999 - 2021-06-11 7:50 AM

I think he is right about the financials but it was our own treasury, well particularly George Osbornes opinion that focused on that. I presume you read the whole article. He goes on to say "“You were fighting a campaign which was patently mendacious. I mean there were big porky pie lies,” Rose insists.

“We never were giving £350 million a week to the European [union]…That [was] a massive lie. There was lots of other innuendo, wasn’t there? About people arriving from Turkey. That was just a lie, a scare story. That was Project Fear but it was Project Fear that pressed the right button for people to vote.”

If you continue to read he kind of confirms that the rest of so called Project fear is coming true, albeit because of a fingers in the dam bare bones Brexit deal a slow puncture rather than a blow out and of course he also mentions the pandemic acting like a smoke shield.

Otherwise I think he is right. The remain campaign focused on the wrong issues but was also split over several campaigns but lets be totally clear here where the real lies were coming from. Johnson and the leave campaign. No competition.

Indeed

And as has already been pointed out to Birdbrain we haven't 'taken back control of our borders'

Just the opposite

There is no checking of most of the stuff coming in, hence the surge in migrants to take advantage of BoJo's black economy.

Only the EU is enforcing the rules - which is crippling our exports.

But most people don't see that side of it, and haven't realised the consequences of it yet.

John52 - 2021-06-11 8:58 AM

Indeed

And as has already been pointed out to Birdbrain we haven't 'taken back control of our borders'

Just the opposite

There is no checking of most of the stuff coming in, hence the surge in migrants to take advantage of BoJo's black economy.

Only the EU is enforcing the rules - which is crippling our exports.

But most people don't see that side of it, and haven't realised the consequences of it yet.

Yes and lets not also forget that this was a much better deal for the EU as it doesn't include services for us which is 80% of our economy and the fun in NI is yet to begin as its constantly pushed back but the clock is ticking.

If you continue to read he kind of confirms that the rest of so called Project fear is coming true....

There's no "kind of" about it, he unequivocally confirms what Antony and other Brexiteers are in permanent denial of.

“I can point to the fact that you can’t get goods between here and Northern Ireland. I can’t go into Tesco or Marks and Spencer or Sainsbury's in Belfast today and buy the same range of good that I used to be able to buy…”

“You can see that the fishermen aren’t able to sell all their fish abroad. You can see many small traders are having a hell of a job trying to get the paperwork sorted out…”

“We already know there are job shortages. We’ve already had to come up with a scheme for visas…”

“And, dare I say it, as you arrive in Europe for your holiday, if you’re ever allowed to go on holiday ever again, you will be divided [at passport control] into ‘Europeans this way and Britishers there, please!’”

Rose goes on to state what we all know, that the pandemic "has been a wonderful, wonderful, wonderful piece of camouflage, and screwed everything up so much that we don’t know what normality looks like any more." That of course isn't going to last and Brexiteers are going to have to start owning the sh1t they've created instead of constantly shifting the blame elsewhere.

Here is the same ITN Business Editor tweeting about something businesses were warned about....but Brexiteers said was more Project Fear.

Welcome to Project Reality;

Archived