MMM Towers meeting

michele

Michelle - make sure you liberate some nibbles and bubbly on behalf of the Sparkle and I if you get into the MMM Towers VIP Lounge

- oh and bag us one of those young tight-vested trolly-dolly hospitality birds, por favor.

B-) B-)

I can understand that they have to have a balance of traders BUT what is wrong with a little competition .

What I dont understand is I wold rather look at three four stalls that sell the same then no bloody stalls selling nothing .

And if I wanted to buy that product then I would shop for the best price and if they were the same then I would shop for the best service given to the customer ...Good luck Dave I hope you do loads of business.

davenewell@home - 2008-03-23 7:53 AM

J9withdogs - 2008-03-22 6:49 PM

michele - 2008-03-22 6:41 PM

What you selling Dave ??? :$ Sorry dr Clooney :D

His body hopefully :D

'scuse me?? How much do you think I'd get for it Janine? (lol)

D.

Depends how generous someone is ... might get a couple of quid I suppose???? :D :D :D :D

Mel B - 2008-03-26 1:13 PM

davenewell@home - 2008-03-23 7:53 AM

J9withdogs - 2008-03-22 6:49 PM

michele - 2008-03-22 6:41 PM

What you selling Dave ??? :$ Sorry dr Clooney :D

His body hopefully :D

'scuse me?? How much do you think I'd get for it Janine? (lol)

D.

Depends how generous someone is ... might get a couple of quid I suppose???? :D :D :D :D

But that's..................10 customers each paying 20p!!!

:D

But Dave, we, as your good friends, owe it to you to be honest and caring and therefore don't want to lie and get your hopes up only for them to be shattered by some mean and nasty punter at the show.

As true friends we speak the truth - it is only because we LOVE you that we say these things! :D

Gee thanks Mel, its nice to know I'm "LOVED" 8-) .

I had an e-mail back from Warners exhibitions dept yesterday, they have their "quota" of businesses selling the products I trade on and they'll put my name on the waiting list in case of a cancellation.

Wonder if I could get a stand selling second hand lollipop sticks? Or crystals that can help you establish the gender fo your unborn child? Or magnetic insoles to cure your hypochondria?

D.

What ever >:-(same old same old personally IMHO I get fed up with the same old stalls . It all blends into one after a while . Every show is the same . I know that people who have never been must think its great but once you have actually purchased your van and you go back for the bits and bobs everyones the same .

I dont really know what they could do about that personally the amount of stuffed bean pillows and braclets for ruhmatisim gets on my tits .

Herbal this and that its like a village fete . They must think every camper gets a doggy neck or crick back or stiff elbow joint and the like .

Maybe its me but I do think they could have alot more to keep the kids happy and alot more differnt stalls .

I mean after all it makes for happy campers .

Just my opinion but then I always was the gobby one.

Guest Tracker

Restricting small traders stands is crazy when, in my view, there are generally too few independent small traders at these shows and far too many of the big flashy ones.

Many of us prefer to deal with smaller independent traders and I really do fail to understand Warner's attitude.

If some traders find the heat in the kitchen too much for them, then the better value for money suppliers will be happy to take up the slack.

The UK is supposed to be an open society where the rules of market forces and competition apply and not a closed shop old boys association?

I really fail to see how Warner's attitude will improve the show in any way - and they do need improving as they are getting very 'samey'.

The situation regarding Warners treatment of Dave Newell, borders on the restriction of trade practices.

I find it difficult to understand Warner's stance on limiting the No. of Trade stands for each product range.

If a Trader wishes to exhibit, they should be encouraged.

After all I am sure Warners require a sizable fee from any Traders exhibiting at their shows and all of them should be able to offer the full range of their services & products. Not to do so will make the difference between being able to generate sufficient income to justify the Show fees.

If this policy was extended across the whole spectrumof the show, there would only be 2 Motorhome Dealers allowed to exhibit, then where would Warner's show stand ?.

Certainly it would not attract many visitors and soon disappear off the scene. (With a loss of revenue to Warners, as they do not organise these shows for the fun of it, it is a commercial operation intended to generate income)

If volumes of M/H dealers are allowed to exhibit because they represent different BRANDS, the same should apply to the Accessory market.

i.e if only 2 trade stands offer Reversing Camers, it will only be representative of small portion market range, whereas the M/H dealers will be able to the representative majority of the market range.

Or (being cynical, again) is it the Major after-market Traders fearing competition & exerting pressure on Warners regarding their future advertising.

If a trader, who has not previously attended a Show is excluded on the above basis, how is he to establish his business. Fair competition to all and widest possible selection by customers should be the policy of these shows.

(Rant over)

Archived