Malvern Show

Guest Tracker

Guest Tracker

Is anybody going next weekend?

Thursday to Monday for £39 (per unit) seems reasonable although it excludes the Saturday night entertainment which carries an extra charge (per person?)

We hope to go but it is rather a long way and I don't do big distances as you all know!

BUT, and it is a big but, it largely depends on the weather as these shows are not a lot of fun when ankle deep in mud - especially with a dawg to amuse as well!

Guest Tracker

It will be good to see you again after a 3 year break Janine and I think I am almost ready for the experience - please be gentle with me - after all I am no Chippendale!

If anyone else sees us and wants to natter we will be in our Autotrail Tracker WA06KOW.

We are hoping to go, but of course don't know anyone from these postings, not in the flesh that is. Haven't actually booked yet. We have joined 3 clubs, CC, MCC & Hymer Owners so expect one of them will be there, Motor Caravan Club most likely. It will be our first outing and shake down in our van. Again, also weather permitting as we have yet to buy wet weather gear - just in case.

You've left it a bit too late to book into a club area now, so you'll be in the 'general camping' areas.

If anyone wants to meet that famous duo 'Roon & the Loon' please PM me for my mobile number & I'll let you know where we will be performing our amazing double-act :D

ROON - 2008-08-09 10:51 AM

Right, what percentage commission are we on Dave?

Aw ROON

Here is Dave, a good friend, someone who is always giving out free advice to one and all and you want to charge him to enjoy yourself in front of his stand.

Shame on you,

Dave ... not sure if it would actually bring in more customers ... the sight of Janine and Joy doing their double act would probably scare the h*ll out of all the menfolk and they'd go running into them there hills boy! (lol) ;-)

ROON - 2008-08-10 7:27 PM

Oh dear, the other part of dumb and dumber here..... what's a habitation inspection - other than Aggie and her mate. :'(

It's when they check the bits that are inside your 'van ie electrics, gas, water that aren't covered with the vehicle service.

Good idea - they can tell how old your gas pipes are, for instance, and that very nice Dave Newell even took the time to tell me how old my spare tyre was (scarey!)

Guest Tracker

The weather forecast is not looking too clever and given all the rain that has fallen so far it does make me wonder about the wisdom of this trip.

On the other hand I do seem to recall that the Malvern Showground does dry quite quickly and never used to be prone to flooding like Stratford racecourse does?

Also I seem to recall that much of the Malvern show, and access around it, is (or was) on tarmac or hard surfaces?

Any thoughts anyone?

Archived