Malware E-Mails Beware

Basil

Has anyone else been plagued by these malicious 'Spoof' e-mails titled?

CNN Alerts: My Custom Alert

If you have or you have not looked DO NOT OPEN THEM or least ways do not click on any of the links in them as they are supposedly particularly aggressive malware, see

CNN Alerts: My Custom Alert

I have had 30 copies so far and it seems that there has been Internet Traffic in the tens of millions of them, they are now muttating apperently.

Bas

Hi, thanks for that. I used to use AVG, though I had some problems with it so changed to Avast some time ago which I still use on my laptop. But on this particular computer I use McAfee full security centre and it does indeed put all of these into the Junk Mail folder, so I haven't as yet been caught out. I just wondered if anyone else had had so many come in as they seem to be so prolific.

Bas

I have been getting them, also the one that almost got me to open it was 'UPS undelivered parcel' (or similier name), nearly opened first one as was expecting parcel, but realised sender of parcel didn't use UPS, I use Tiscali web mail for most of my email and the supposed spam filter is useless, it's only stopped one email and that was a genuine email from someone with a Tiscali email address!

They are very prolific, which is the big give away really, I 'oversee' several e-mail addresses, and a couple of them have been really hammered - all identified as 'spam' except 1 - for some strange reason - all using same AV software - don't know how some managed to sneak through - the joys of computing *-)

B-)

• 2 weeks later...

Is this coincedence or something more sinister?

As I posted before, I was expecting a parcel (from ebay member) and was getting spam 'UPS' emails, haven't had any for few weeks but I'm now expecting a parcel from another ebay member and sudenly I'm getting spam 'UPS' and 'Fedex' emails

Archived