Manchester gridlock

nightrider

Last night the whole of Manchester was gridlocked, and the reasons for that are threefold, snow, ice and rain, plus the fact that Manchester City were playing at home at Eastlands and Manchester United was playing at home at Old Trafford.

The whole area was chocker block with people trying to get home in the worst possible conditions, if you come off J17 of the M62 and follow the road round you would actually end up in my driveway believe it or not, and that is exactly what happened, I spent half the night stopping motorists from entering my cul-de-sac, they were disoriented and didn't know where they were, the police were consulted regarding the wisdom of holding two big matches on the same night, they, in their infinite wisdom gave the go ahead which ended up in chaos.

and the other reason was 2 major acidents on the M62 during the afternoon which closed both sides of the motorway for around 6 hours, between Risley and Worsley. There were fatilities and with regard to one of the accidents and a 19yr old has been charged with dangerous driving. I also had to put up with loads of traffic coming off the motorway at Risley and cutting through to the East Lancs. Took my OH 20mins to get half a mile down our road when he was coming home due to traffic

Archived