Mapping of EU funding to UK

Bulletguy

A total of €10.9bn (£8.4bn) was awarded to Britain for the period 2014-20, and the government allocated the money based on an equality assessment.

The assessments were influenced by the GDP of local areas, as well as the proportion of people who are unemployed or claiming incapacity benefit. It is funded by the EU budget, to which Britain contributed £13bn - or £250m per week - in 2015.

Overall, Britain's €10bn figure equates to an average of €170 per person, which is the fifth lowest in the EU.

Bargain.....or as Johnson once wrote (before he lost the plot), "This is a market on our doorstep, ready for further exploitation by British firms: the membership fee seems rather small for all that access.

Why are we so determined to turn our back on it?

Indeed.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06/01/mapped-where-in-the-uk-receives-most-eu-funding-and-how-does-thi/

Guest pelmetman

Correction.........

The EU gave us back £8.4 billion of our own money *-) ..........and told us where to spend it 8-) ........

pelmetman - 2019-01-17 10:28 PM

Correction.........

The EU gave us back £8.4 billion of our own money *-) ..........and told us where to spend it 8-) ........

Nonsense....but i look forward to citation from a credible source other than another Pelmethead assumption. *-)

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-01-17 10:52 PM

Correction.........

Nonsense....but i look forward to citation from a credible source other than another Pelmethead assumption. *-)

So the billions of our money that the EU KEEPS to dish out to other countries just gets given away without the EU saying where it can be spent? *-) .............

You really should get more sleep Bullet as your spouting Remoaner tosh again (lol) ................

pelmetman - 2019-01-17 11:05 PM

Correction.........

So the billions of our money that the EU KEEPS to dish out to other countries just gets given away without the EU saying where it can be spent? *-) .............

You really should get more sleep Bullet as your spouting Remoaner tosh again (lol) ................

More Mad Hatter nonsense and deflection. Can't you back up your claim that the EU "told us where to spend it"? Come on now, you've made a claim so lets see some proper citation instead of trying to back pedal and wriggle off the hook as per usual.

Total crap. Any organisation can apply for EU Funding through the EU tender portal. Trust me, ive done it. You are sometimes more likely to be successful with that route than government funding depending on where it is and what it is. As ive said several times, The EU is often more likely to fund projects in some areas both geographically and on the type of project than the government is.

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2019-01-18 1:07 AM

Total crap. Any organisation can apply for EU Funding through the EU tender portal. Trust me, ive done it. You are sometimes more likely to be successful with that route than government funding depending on where it is and what it is. As ive said several times, The EU is often more likely to fund projects in some areas both geographically and on the type of project than the government is.

So you're an expert in begging for some of OUR money back ;-) ...........

Brexiteers are expert in getting all of it back :D ..........

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-01-17 11:55 PM

Correction.........

More Mad Hatter nonsense and deflection. Can't you back up your claim that the EU "told us where to spend it"? Come on now, you've made a claim so lets see some proper citation instead of trying to back pedal and wriggle off the hook as per usual.

Keep up Dumb Dumb *-) .........

By virtue of the fact that we have to go to the EU to ask for some of our money back, and they alone can decide whether to allow the funding means they are effectively telling us where to spend it ;-) .........

pelmetman - 2019-01-18 10:13 AM

Correction.........

By virtue of the fact that we have to go to the EU to ask for some of our money back, and they alone can decide whether to allow the funding means they are effectively telling us where to spend it ;-) .........

No you still are not showing where "the EU tells us where to spend" the money. You cannot back up your claim with credible sourced evidence as it doesn't exist! It's just your assumption based on scatty conjecture!

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-01-18 2:48 PM

Correction.........

No you still are not showing where "the EU tells us where to spend" the money. You cannot back up your claim with credible sourced evidence as it doesn't exist! It's just your assumption based on scatty conjecture!

So I could go to the EU and ask them to buy me a new camper? >:-) ..........

pelmetman - 2019-01-18 2:51 PM

Bulletguy - 2019-01-18 2:48 PM

Correction.........

So I could go to the EU and ask them to buy me a new camper? >:-) ..........

You're being very silly now but if you want to use that daft analogy, why would you go and ask the EU when the money is already in your "bank". In other words....the money is here, in UK. Fact of the matter is EU funding in UK has been very substantial....just look at what Huddersfield benefited from and that's just one place.

Besides funding, Britons have had the freedom to live, work and retire anywhere in Europe.......but you want to stop that.....but want 'specialty' and exemption for yourself to continue overstaying in Spain each year. You can't have it both ways and you voted to end that for British so it's going to end for you too.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/eu-what-has-european-union-done-for-us-david-cameron-brexit-a6850626.html

Correction.........

How would you suggest it works then? I fancy setting up a million pound Rock God studio so I should just be able to go to the EU and say "Oi EU! I need a million quid of our money back please to build a Rock God Studio, you cant say no as its our money". Its another avenue of funding just like Government or Lottery funding but they often fund (as I keep saying) projects in areas that otherwise get knocked back by UK government funding.

Do you remember that film from Grimsby a while back posted on here where they were banging on about Brexit from their wonderful spanking new fish market factory? In the background was a plaque on the wall with an EU Flag saying EU Funded. *-)

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2019-01-18 10:37 PM

Correction.........

How would you suggest it works then? I fancy setting up a million pound Rock God studio so I should just be able to go to the EU and say "Oi EU! I need a million quid of our money back please to build a Rock God Studio, you cant say no as its our money". Its another avenue of funding just like Government or Lottery funding but they often fund (as I keep saying) projects in areas that otherwise get knocked back by UK government funding.

Do you remember that film from Grimsby a while back posted on here where they were banging on about Brexit from their wonderful spanking new fish market factory? In the background was a plaque on the wall with an EU Flag saying EU Funded. *-)

But it wasn't money from the EU that paid for it was it?.......IT WAS OUR MONEY *-) ........

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-01-18 6:26 PM

Besides funding, Britons have had the freedom to live, work and retire anywhere in Europe.......

They still can ;-) ...........they just have to follow the rules for non EU citizens B-) ........

pelmetman - 2019-01-18 10:47 PM

Besides funding, Britons have had the freedom to live, work and retire anywhere in Europe.......

They still can ;-) ...........they just have to follow the rules for non EU citizens B-) ........

Not necessarily......not all are as duplicitous as you and must abide by the country of their 'habitual residence', not a campsite they spend a few months at each year. People engaging in that are likely to have their citizenship (of the country they are 'habitually resident') revoked, effectively making themselves stateless.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-01-18 11:15 PM

Not necessarily......not all are as duplicitous as you and must abide by the country of their 'habitual residence', not a campsite they spend a few months at each year. People engaging in that are likely to have their citizenship (of the country they are 'habitually resident') revoked, effectively making themselves stateless.

You really should read up on the subject Bullet ;-) ..........

https://www.bizbon.com/services-in-spain/temporary-residence-permit/

Then you'd know what you are talking about ........for a change *-) .........

pelmetman - 2019-01-19 9:27 AM

There is no mention of that being reciprocal in accordance with UK (assuming we leave EU) which is what will apply on your re-entry that you appear oblivious to as though you expect your temporary "residence" permit to overrule UK regs. Your hypocrisy is quite shameless isn't it.......you actually pride yourself over it.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-01-19 4:13 PM

There is no mention of that being reciprocal in accordance with UK (assuming we leave EU) which is what will apply on your re-entry that you appear oblivious to as though you expect your temporary "residence" permit to overrule UK regs. Your hypocrisy is quite shameless isn't it.......you actually pride yourself over it.

Have you been to the Diane Abbott school of stupidity.........or does it just come naturally? >:-) .......

I'm British .........So I don't need to apply to live here ;-) ...........

pelmetman - 2019-01-20 9:34 AM

Bulletguy - 2019-01-19 4:13 PM

Have you been to the Diane Abbott school of stupidity.........or does it just come naturally? >:-) .......

I'm British .........So I don't need to apply to live here ;-) ...........

Mad Hatter gobbledygook from his parallel universe. *-)

Archived