May intensifies her Hostile Environment

Bulletguy

I thought when Javid took over the HO he was said to be 'softening the hostile environment' created by May.....seems not.

The Home Office is selling the services of its immigration officials to private companies in a move attacked as an escalation of the “hostile environment” strategy.

According to internal documents seen by the Observer, the department is attempting to embed immigration officers at a rate of almost £60 an hour as part of an “enhanced checking service” being offered to public services, understood to include NHS trusts and local authorities, as well as private firms.

Migrants’ rights experts warned that the service was the latest example of the government “trying to embed immigration checks in every aspect of life in the UK”.

A presentation marked “official – sensitive” reveals the department spent at least 18 months testing “the benefits of placing immigration officials in a number of organisations”. The embedded officers are asked to ensure that migrants are either charged for services or denied access to them should they fail to prove they are in the country legally.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/feb/16/home-office-hires-out-staff-hunt-migrants-hostile-environment

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-02-17 7:06 PM

I thought when Javid took over the HO he was said to be 'softening the hostile environment' created by May.....seems not.

The Home Office is selling the services of its immigration officials to private companies in a move attacked as an escalation of the “hostile environment” strategy.

According to internal documents seen by the Observer, the department is attempting to embed immigration officers at a rate of almost £60 an hour as part of an “enhanced checking service” being offered to public services, understood to include NHS trusts and local authorities, as well as private firms.

Migrants’ rights experts warned that the service was the latest example of the government “trying to embed immigration checks in every aspect of life in the UK”.

A presentation marked “official – sensitive” reveals the department spent at least 18 months testing “the benefits of placing immigration officials in a number of organisations”. The embedded officers are asked to ensure that migrants are either charged for services or denied access to them should they fail to prove they are in the country legally.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/feb/16/home-office-hires-out-staff-hunt-migrants-hostile-environment

How many migrants have you offered a home to?............. Hypocrite >:-) .......

pelmetman - 2019-02-17 7:15 PM

How many migrants have you offered a home to?............. Hypocrite >:-) .......

Deflection and ad hominen alert........yet again. *-)

I know you have difficulty coping with much more than a tweet but do try making more constructive postings in line with the thread topic, or stay in your little nursery.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-02-17 8:52 PM

I know you have difficulty coping with much more than a tweet but do try making more constructive postings in line with the thread topic, or stay in your little nursery.

Stay in my nursery? :-S ...........

I wonder that your allowed out of your nursing home :D .......

But you have started to appear earlier than usual :-S ........

Have you started sh*tting the bed already?........there's another 40 days to go >:-) .........

pelmetman - 2019-02-17 9:09 PM

Bulletguy - 2019-02-17 8:52 PM

Stay in my nursery? :-S ...........

Yes.

Archived