Mel B

Sparkle

Hi Jan

Thanks for asking....He's not doing too badly...he's had the 1st lot of 10 injections - with Doctor Bruce administering... (that way Muppet will hate him and not me!). Then yesterday he went for another blood test (the dog not Bruce.... (lol) ) and it came back that he's responding slowly... so we have to do another load of 10 more jabs starting Monday. He also has these tablets to have daily now, forever...

After the next 10 jabs he'll wait 3 weeks then have ANOTHER blood test - poor wee soul can't have much blood left!

But the good news is that his liver and kidneys are ok - our friends dog is VERY ill, with it internally, things not looking good... so i am just grateful he has the external problems at the moment and we are treating him.

Took this picture of him last time we went away....

IMGA0851.JPG.7fa3f925d8795651389dfd942bc4b99e.JPG

Hi Sparkle

That is one seriously handsom little fella! (No I do NOT mean Brucie!)

I'm so pleased he's recovering albeit slowly, I must admit I like the comment about Bruce the 'muppet' .... he does look at bit like one doesn't he! :D

Guest Tracker
BGD - 2007-12-01 7:18 PM

Correctamundo!

Methinks I'm increasingly a cross between that mad one that played the drums, and the two grumpy-old-men (was it Statler and Waldorf?)

;-)

ANIMAL - with a touch of THE GREAT GONZO maybe?

Reminds me of an old muso joke that still does the rounds within bands;

"How do you make a base-player?"

"Well, first you gather a pile of sh*t, but not too much, otherwise you'll end up with a drummer......."

B-)

J9withdogs - 2007-11-30 11:01 AM

He's sooo beautiful (lol) Fingers crossed for a complete recovery.

A friend of mine emigrated out there with her spaniel. He got bitten by a tick he picked up on the goat trail, and was dead within days.

Hope we stay fairly safe in this country. *-)

Cheers Jan - he is a sweety, terrier cross so very characterful!

So sorry to hear about your friends dog - lymes disease is a nasty thing...for those that wish to know theres loads of info here...and its not just related to dogs!

http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/diseases/facts/lymedisease.htm

We had a police raid just up our street, 7 police cars, 4 Transits, dogs

and around 8 armed policemen.

Had three streets blocked off (at least) as they staked this house out, all with their guns raised and pointing at the house.

They waited outside for about 90 mins before they eventually went in.

The son of the householder said the police were looking for guns but they had had it as they were not kept in the house.

No guns were found, two people arrested, both of them came with their kids tonight to see the lights and to get their letter for Santa.

We have CCTV cameras and the boys in blue came round after it became dark to have a look at their recordings as the cameras cover the street and by chance, that house.

The pay stinks though

Archived