Missing unicorns

Fast Pat

jumpstart - 2020-01-07 10:48 AM

Fast Pat - 2020-01-07 10:45 AM

Well another promise broken

https://www.skynews.com.au/details/_6119925706001

What exactly was the promise?

That freedom of movement would be included with the new trade deal with Australia and NZ. You know when we were giving up our children's rights to study, travel and work in 27 neighbouring countries.

More here " Last September, international trade secretary Liz Truss, on a visit to Australia, announced that a plan to allow British citizens to live and work in the country visa-free could be just months away.

She said: “We’ve been clear on the fact we want to adopt the Australian-based points system in terms of our new immigration system as we leave the European Union… our two countries have a special link and a historic relationship, and it’s certainly something that we will be looking at as part of our free-trade negotiations.”

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/politics/first-blow-for-post-brexit-britain-as-australia-rejects-trade-deal/07/01/?fbclid=IwAR1rOU52KaCPgH9yxR4Ce6whSbenbmnifE46jLTJMWW-GZd9xjm7SDjIyJs

Guest pelmetman

Gets my vote as a Brexiteer B-) ..........

Those ruddy Aussies coming over here filling up our campsites :D ........

Only joking Geeco ;-) ........

jumpstart - 2020-01-07 11:04 AM

.....something we are looking at.....so we offered the deal(as promised according to you) and they have rejected it. So we have upheld what we said we would do. It doesn’t mean it won’t happen in the future.

He's blinded by hatred and dogma. Just ignore him and he might go away. ;-)

"The rotten Australian government has rejected a post-Brexit trade agreement that includes visa-free work & travel between Australia the UK.

These upstarts have no clue how great and important Britain will be post Brexit and will sorely regret their decision."

Guest pelmetman
Fast Pat - 2020-01-07 2:32 PM

"The rotten Australian government has rejected a post-Brexit trade agreement that includes visa-free work & travel between Australia the UK.

These upstarts have no clue how great and important Britain will be post Brexit and will sorely regret their decision."

With a bit of luck once NI rejoins Eire we can save even more money by stopping free movement of Irish travelers :D .........

To wild camp where ever they fecking well like *-) ..........

Can you afford campsites FartPart? ;-) ........

malc d - 2020-01-07 2:42 PM

The Aussies say that visa free movement is likely to cause an exodus of highly trained people from Australia and an influx of unskilled Brits.

Sounds to me like they've got some very sensible politicians out there.

;-)

I’m loving the irony that they’re worried about an influx of unskilled immigrants...

Guest pelmetman

The Aussies say that visa free movement is likely to cause an exodus of highly trained people from Australia and an influx of unskilled Brits.

;-)

It's curious why all the programs I see on folk relocating to Australia, is usually ex NHS staff that I've helped pay to learn their trade via my taxes :-| ......

Guest pelmetman
Fast Pat - 2020-01-07 2:51 PM

;-)

I’m loving the irony that they’re worried about an influx of unskilled immigrants...

Aussies ain't stupid ;-) .........

They've seen who we've been forced to let in as members of the EU *-) .......

Plus they do have some experience historically of us sending our wasters their way (lol) (lol) (lol) ........

;-)

But that can't be right ... Someones wrong ... Its either The Australian Government or Barry ... Barry told us only yesterday Brexit will make the country so sh1t no one will want to come ... I think the Aussie Government needs to reconsider and at the very least give Barry a call to learn some facts

;-)

I doubt there's much demand for pelmets out there anyway. (lol)

pelmetman - 2020-01-07 2:56 PM

;-)

That tosh has been debunked numerous times both on this forum and various links.......you have a very short memory.

https://bruegel.org/2017/02/questionable-immigration-claims-in-the-brexit-white-paper/

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2020-01-07 3:04 PM

;-)

That tosh has been debunked numerous times both on this forum and various links.......you have a very short memory.

https://bruegel.org/2017/02/questionable-immigration-claims-in-the-brexit-white-paper/

I see you're dementia is kicking in early ;-) .........

The rest of us live in the real world *-) ........

You should try it :-| .......

Whilst you still can :D .......

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2020-01-07 3:01 PM

;-)

I doubt there's much demand for pelmets out there anyway. (lol)

It's just as well I retired early then .....Init? >:-) .......

Guest pelmetman
jumpstart - 2020-01-07 3:19 PM

They might need some extra firefighters.

Royal Navy folk are taught firefighting as part of their "Basic" training ;-) ........

Calling 999 in the mid Atlantic is a bit of a non starter 8-) .......

pelmetman - 2020-01-07 3:30 PM

jumpstart - 2020-01-07 3:19 PM

They might need some extra firefighters.

Royal Navy folk are taught firefighting as part of their "Basic" training ;-) ........

Calling 999 in the mid Atlantic is a bit of a non starter 8-) .......

Isn’t Australia in the Pacific?

pelmetman - 2020-01-07 3:11 PM

;-)

You never read that when it was first posted and still haven't so it's easy to see why you fail to comprehend UK never was "forced to let [them] in". Successive UK governments chose to ignore EU regulations on immigration because it suited them as that link clearly explains. Other EU member countries legally introduced immigration controls in accordance to the EU regs without problem.....we chose not to. I do wish you would read and inform yourself better instead of blathering nonsense littered with silly emojis.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2020-01-07 3:51 PM

;-)

You never read that when it was first posted and still haven't so it's easy to see why you fail to comprehend UK never was "forced to let [them] in". Successive UK governments chose to ignore EU regulations on immigration because it suited them as that link clearly explains. Other EU member countries legally introduced immigration controls in accordance to the EU regs without problem.....we chose not to. I do wish you would read and inform yourself better instead of blathering nonsense littered with silly emojis.

Blimey Bullet you really are stubbornly "Lefty" stupid :-| .......

How many times do I have to flag up examples of where the ECJ has prevented us from deporting filth >:-( .......

But then again you're a Corbyn lover ;-) .........

So you must like to wallow in filth >:-) ........

Which is obviously why you stay down here with us folk in Chatterbox (lol) (lol) (lol) .......

;-)

Just to balance the books (so to speak), Barry has refused to watch the John Pilger documentary about the NHS because it puts Labour in a bad light. It would seem that in political discussions, it is objectivity that is the first casualty.

Guest pelmetman
747 - 2020-01-07 4:44 PM

;-)

Just to balance the books (so to speak), Barry has refused to watch the John Pilger documentary about the NHS because it puts Labour in a bad light. It would seem that in political discussions, it is objectivity that is the first casualty.

Cant say I can honestly see either side being able to take an objective view for at least a decade Stumpy :-S ..........

But then again all bets are currently off ;-) .........

Seeing as WW3 is finally on the cards 8-) ........

Or to be more accurate it's actually Crusade No 9 :D ........

https://www.britannica.com/event/Crusades

Fortunately being a Atheist B-) ......

It's not my fault :-> ........

747 - 2020-01-07 4:44 PM

;-)

To be fair to Borey hes that far gone with hate that anti-Semitism and cuddling up to terrorists are acceptable now that any NHS failures under Labours watch dont mean much ... I remember a long time ago when he used to be fun ... Hate not hope

Archived