Misunderstandings?

Guest starspirit

Guest starspirit

As I see it, the purpose of the Chatterbox is for anyone to talk about ANY NON Motorhome related topic without cluttering up the serious stuff?

Those who find these sometimes silly but nevertheless sometimes interesting postings not to their taste only have to stop clicking on it and keep to the Motorhome matters topics to avoid it.

Human nature being what it is the two sometimes merge and spill over.

Is that such a crime? Please show a little tolerance and forbearance.

Please remember how easy it is to misunderstand the written word particularly when the author is not known to you.

Choosing to take offence at something that was never intended to cause offence is a worrying trend and whilst I can see how easy it is to respond with vitriole it really does not achieve anything.

Neither does jumping on the bandwagon in support of either protagonist.

None of us is right all the time but speaking personally I NEVER set out to offend anyone - and neither do the majority of contributors on here - so please think before you send an offensive reply or personal attack and try to remain within the spirit of the forum.

However I do consider that we all have the right to reply to personal attacks in a suitable vein.

But that's only my view on the forum - others may differ?

Hi Richard. Unless you've got a wicked sense of humour and I suspect you have, I naively thought that a Forum for motorhome owners was a vehicle (pardon that one) for discussing motorhome issues. I found it entirely useful in assisting me to (a) make a decision to buy one and (b) select the right one for us.

Everyone responding to my questions has been unfailingly courteous and helpful. I was grateful for the advice and have now purchased a motorhome (see 'Got One'). No doubt I will be seeking more advice and you never know, you might even want to contribute.

Regards.....jonimac

You guys are so right.

Unfortunately it is often difficult to read between the lines and understand what is meant rather than what is said on here.

Not being able to see the face of the person doing the 'talking' can lead to misunderstandings generally, and there are quite a few wind-up merchants who just want to rub people up the wrong way.

I have gleaned lots of useful information, and had questions answered without problem.

Each to his own, I say (lol)

Guest caraprof
starspirit - 2007-09-11 10:43 AM As I see it, the purpose of the Chatterbox is for anyone to talk about ANY NON Motorhome related topic without cluttering up the serious stuff? Those who find these sometimes silly but nevertheless sometimes interesting postings not to their taste only have to stop clicking on it and keep to the Motorhome matters topics to avoid it. Human nature being what it is the two sometimes merge and spill over. Is that such a crime? Please show a little tolerance and forbearance. Please remember how easy it is to misunderstand the written word particularly when the author is not known to you. Choosing to take offence at something that was never intended to cause offence is a worrying trend and whilst I can see how easy it is to respond with vitriole it really does not achieve anything. Neither does jumping on the bandwagon in support of either protagonist. None of us is right all the time but speaking personally I NEVER set out to offend anyone - and neither do the majority of contributors on here - so please think before you send an offensive reply or personal attack and try to remain within the spirit of the forum. However I do consider that we all have the right to reply to personal attacks in a suitable vein. But that's only my view on the forum - others may differ?

This is a load of baloney from someone trying to justify recent remarks which offended some members of this forum! You're a bloody hypocrite Richard. You've spent half of your time on this forum trying to deliberately wind up people! You even boast about it in your bio!

Or have you just found God or something?

Guest starspirit

No Frank religion is not for me but neither am I pompous or self righteous and neither do I use the Lord's name in vain.

But perhaps that is me choosing to misunderstand a throw away phrase?

I really do not understand why a small minority of folk seem to take offence at words that were never intended to offend and they seem to read every posting looking for a fight and assume that every remark is aimed at them.

Delusions of grandeur maybe? Get real you simply ain't that important.

Guest caraprof
starspirit - 2007-09-11 8:06 PM No Frank I'm not God and neither am I a pompous self righteous prick so full of dark matter that I can't laugh at myself. Sure I do sometimes wind people up and when they post a hysterical personal attack instead of replying with a reasoned logical answer I reply suitably.

No matter how you squirm there's no getting away from the fact that what you said was wrong, unintelligent and incredibly jaundiced, and you know it.

My replies to you on the matter of your claim that 'everything modern is crap' were logical and reasoned. All you did was try to justify the unjustifiable with your usual bombast, as you've just done above.

I was particularly pleased with your sarcastic question about 'what have you ever manufactured Frank?' and the fact that I was able to set you straight on that score.

I notice that you haven't responded to that as you were obviously not aware that there's more to my business life than my camera shops.

I also find it incredibly amusing that someone who calls for more reason and less insults etc. calls me "a pompous self righteous prick so full of dark matter that I can't laugh at myself". If I can't laugh at myself it's only because I'm too busy laughing at you!

Thank you for reminding me why I've absolutely loathed you all these months.

Edited to say: My quote is was Starspirit's original post, which he has since edited. He may have realised that his vile outburst rather contradicted the message in his first post at the start of this thread. Fortunately I was able to see it and copy it! This is hilarious!

Guest caraprof
handyman - 2007-09-11 8:21 PM caraprof, have you really spent months of your life loathing someone on a forum? If so, i find that deeply disturbing.

Yes, just wait until you've been here a bit longer and got to know him. I might also add that you're starting to appear on one or two people's sh*tlists.

By the way, why do you think that you can't loathe someone on a forum? If that person is continually snide and offensive then eventually you can easily loathe them!

I have to say though that I've had a few ding dongs with people as I'm as argumentative as anyone but there's only one that I really loathe!

Edited to say: I'm off now, there's a good programme on the tele about the Aztecs. I've started recording it and will now catch up on my new wonderful hard-drive recorder come DVD player etc!

Guest starspirit

I am very lucky in that I don't actually loathe anyone.

Life is too short to carry a grudge and hate is such a negative emotion that it has no part in my life, but at least now that you do accept that you can't laugh at yourself that is a start and there may yet be hope for you as a human being.

If it makes you feel superior you may now say that my refusal to carry this discussion on must mean that I am wrong, and my ego really does not mind that either.

Whatever I say you will turn it, distort it and use it as yet another excuse for an attack.

I have no wish to bore other readers any further nor to incur the wrath of the moderators.

Guest starspirit
Unfortunately I am not as good with words as Frank and I do need to edit what I say sometimes but it is the measure of the man to seize upon any slender opportunity to have a snide go and I pity him.

Guest caraprof
starspirit - 2007-09-11 8:36 PM Unfortunately I am not as good with words as Frank and I do need to edit what I say sometimes but it is the measure of the man to seize upon any slender opportunity to have a snide go and I pity him.

Aw, poor old thing isn't good with words! I thought that "pompous self righteous prick so full of dark matter that I can't laugh at myself" showed a reasonable vocabulary.

And you talk about me!

Archived