More Guardian Lies ...

Birdbrain

... Manboy Owen writes a lengthy piece in the hate Bible ... https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/jan/12/trump-british-cheerleaders-rightwing-figures ... Unfortunately when challenged by Andrew Neil manboy cant produce one single bit of evidence to back up his claim ... Owen would fit in well on here with the sisters wouldnt he ... Chuckle

Gentlemen of Chatterbox, Birdbrain is resorting to side-tracking and provocative posts and throwing insults left right and centre to keep himself active on this (and other) threads, ignoring the widespread criticism he has faced, as if he was our own pestilent Donald Trump, careless of anyone's views other than his own and determined to bluster his way through. It makes no sense to respond to him any way.

I suggest everyone simply ignores his posts altogether from now on.

Gentlemen of Chatterbox, Birdbrain is resorting to side-tracking and provocative posts and throwing insults left right and centre to keep himself active on this (and other) threads, ignoring the widespread criticism he has faced, as if he was our own pestilent Donald Trump, careless of anyone's views other than his own and determined to bluster his way through. It makes no sense to respond to him any way.

In the beginning (well 2010! :-)) was a poster called Antony1969, who politely and respectfully began asking questions in "Motorhome Matters", initially about his planned long term European trip in his Autotrail Miami. Example here: https://tinyurl.com/y3fjgbpb

He retained this identity until his last appearance under that name on 1 April 2019.

He then re-emerged as birdbrain on 4 April 2019 and under that name appears never to have posted in Motorhome Matters, but is prolific (probably the most prolific poster) in Chatterbox, apparently with the sole purpose of provoking and quarrelling with everyone and anyone on a limited range of topics. Mostly Trump, immigrants, and Muslims. His posts mostly comprise links to Twitter, and a lesser number of (usually) tabloid print, and on-line, newspaper articles that he uses as clickbait.

As birdbrain, he rarely posts original opinions but uses the clickbait to initiate long, rancorous, arguments with anyone who questions the basis of the linked Twitter etc items. These are conducted in a form of "Pidgin English" despite his ability, as evidenced in the linked string above, to write normal English. If anyone else posts opinions or links on his "favourite" topics with which he disagrees, he invariably intervenes with more rancour and quarrelling. He goads respondents with homophobic innuendo, and repeatedly complains when challenged over his proclaimed attitudes, that he is unreasonably called biased, bigoted, racist, or Islamophobic. He invariably attacks the author of any view that counters his own, rather than disagreeing with the view they expressed, in terms that ensure further rancour etc. He "stalks" certain posters whose opinions he characterises as effeminate.

I cannot understand what benefit this incessant pursuit of dissent brings him, or what other purpose it is intended to serve. What results is endless division, insult, and conflict. He has become a pointless Troll, whose persistent presence has reduced this section of the MMM forums to a permanent, unpleasant, battleground, and in the process driven away a number of valued contributors. So well done, Antony, a great achievement.

Brian Kirby - 2021-01-14 12:35 PM

In the beginning (well 2010! :-)) was a poster called Antony1969, who politely and respectfully began asking questions in "Motorhome Matters", initially about his planned long term European trip in his Autotrail Miami. Example here: https://tinyurl.com/y3fjgbpb

He retained this identity until his last appearance under that name on 1 April 2019.

He then re-emerged as birdbrain on 4 April 2019 and under that name appears never to have posted in Motorhome Matters, but is prolific (probably the most prolific poster) in Chatterbox, apparently with the sole purpose of provoking and quarrelling with everyone and anyone on a limited range of topics. Mostly Trump, immigrants, and Muslims. His posts mostly comprise links to Twitter, and a lesser number of (usually) tabloid print, and on-line, newspaper articles that he uses as clickbait.

As birdbrain, he rarely posts original opinions but uses the clickbait to initiate long, rancorous, arguments with anyone who questions the basis of the linked Twitter etc items. These are conducted in a form of "Pidgin English" despite his ability, as evidenced in the linked string above, to write normal English. If anyone else posts opinions or links on his "favourite" topics with which he disagrees, he invariably intervenes with more rancour and quarrelling. He goads respondents with homophobic innuendo, and repeatedly complains when challenged over his proclaimed attitudes, that he is unreasonably called biased, bigoted, racist, or Islamophobic. He invariably attacks the author of any view that counters his own, rather than disagreeing with the view they expressed, in terms that ensure further rancour etc. He "stalks" certain posters whose opinions he characterises as effeminate.

I cannot understand what benefit this incessant pursuit of dissent brings him, or what other purpose it is intended to serve. What results is endless division, insult, and conflict. He has become a pointless Troll, whose persistent presence has reduced this section of the MMM forums to a permanent, unpleasant, battleground, and in the process driven away a number of valued contributors. So well done, Antony, a great achievement.

And there rests the case for the prosecution.

CurtainRaiser - 2021-01-14 1:58 PM

Hey birdbrain or is that no brain, No case for the defence then Racist ?

Thankyou ... "a pointless Troll" ... That means a lot ... Thanks

brugge - 2021-01-14 1:34 PM

CurtainRaiser - 2021-01-14 1:58 PM

Hey birdbrain or is that no brain, No case for the defence then Racist ?

Names, insults and arguing for the sake of it ??? ... Mmmm, you have been ordered not to talk to me yet break ranks to deliver names and insults ... I wonder if Stuart will be calling for a ban on you ???

Gentlemen of Chatterbox, Birdbrain has been resorting to side-tracking and provocative posts and throwing insults left right and centre to keep himself active on this (and other) threads, ignoring the widespread criticism he has faced, as if he was our own pestilent Donald Trump, careless of anyone's views other than his own and determined to bluster his way through. It makes no sense to respond to him any way.

I'm not trying to censor him, simply to discourage him from going OTT and behaving so badly towrds others. I suggest everyone simply ignores his posts altogether for a couple of weeks to encourage the penny to drop that he should not be so habitually nasty.

StuartO - 2021-01-14 2:45 PM

Gentlemen of Chatterbox, Birdbrain has been resorting to side-tracking and provocative posts and throwing insults left right and centre to keep himself active on this (and other) threads, ignoring the widespread criticism he has faced, as if he was our own pestilent Donald Trump, careless of anyone's views other than his own and determined to bluster his way through. It makes no sense to respond to him any way.

I'm not trying to censor him, simply to discourage him from going OTT and behaving so badly towrds others. I suggest everyone simply ignores his posts altogether for a couple of weeks to encourage the penny to drop that he should not be so habitually nasty.

Can I make a suggestion ... After every post I make you just simply post after me sumat like boo-hoo or a picture of a crying baby with its fingers in its ears or sumat so we dont have to read your statement every time ... Chuckle ... Just a thought ... Love you x

Careful folks. I dont like this singling out of Mr Birdbrain on nearly every thread. It can get a bit controversial on here and a bit dramatic and yes a fair bit of trolling goes on but I see a lot of it as perhaps a bit of entertainment but maybe thats just me. I dont agree with hardly anything Mr Birdbrain says but i often enjoy our exchanges and he has as much right as any of us to say what he likes. Some of us might push the boundaries of whats allowed a bit now and again, I know I probably have but so what? There is a lot worse you will find on other social media. I dont like to see people ganging up on others though and it feels a bit like that right now.

Barryd999 - 2021-01-14 2:57 PM

Careful folks. I dont like this singling out of Mr Birdbrain on nearly every thread. It can get a bit controversial on here and a bit dramatic and yes a fair bit of trolling goes on but I see a lot of it as perhaps a bit of entertainment but maybe thats just me. I dont agree with hardly anything Mr Birdbrain says but i often enjoy our exchanges and he has as much right as any of us to say what he likes. Some of us might push the boundaries of whats allowed a bit now and again, I know I probably have but so what? There is a lot worse you will find on other social media. I dont like to see people ganging up on others though and it feels a bit like that right now.

Credit where its due ... Have to say had I seen the same happening to another on here I would have said something similar ... A rather shameful few hours for Chatterbox and the attempt to shut down opinion ... Stuart ???

A fitting summary though i'd describe the "Pidgin English" used more as some weird hip-hop slingo, most of which is such incoherent gibberish I cannot be bothered to decode it. As for the 'themed' or clickbait threads he opens, they usually get ignored as it's always derogatory postings about Muslims, immigrants/refugees, Labour, Corbyn and Starmer.

Bulletguy - 2021-01-14 3:40 PM

A fitting summary though i'd describe the "Pidgin English" used more as some weird hip-hop slingo, most of which is such incoherent gibberish I cannot be bothered to decode it. As for the 'themed' or clickbait threads he opens, they usually get ignored as it's always derogatory postings about Muslims, immigrants/refugees, Labour, Corbyn and Starmer.

Speaking of which, this might get interesting and some how the UK press haven't noticed

https://www.irishexaminer.com/world/arid-40206311.html

Oh chuckle ... "it's always derogatory" ... Anyone else see the irony in that ??? ... Stuart ???

CurtainRaiser - 2021-01-14 3:46 PM

Speaking of which, this might get interesting and some how the UK press haven't noticed

https://www.irishexaminer.com/world/arid-40206311.html

Really ??? ... You should read The Mail more ... https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9143863/Jeremy-Corbyn-edges-closer-High-Court-battle-Labour-suspension.html ... Chuckle ... Stuart ???

Careful folks. I dont like this singling out of Mr Birdbrain on nearly every thread.

Nor do I. I wonder why that might have happened? :-D

It can get a bit controversial on here and a bit dramatic and yes a fair bit of trolling goes on but I see a lot of it as perhaps a bit of entertainment but maybe thats just me. I dont agree with hardly anything Mr Birdbrain says but i often enjoy our exchanges and he has as much right as any of us to say what he likes.

Agreed - up to a point. That point, for me, is the derogatory personal attacks and insults, and deliberate provocation of conflict.

Some of us might push the boundaries of whats allowed a bit now and again, I know I probably have but so what? There is a lot worse you will find on other social media.

Here I tend to disagree. Civility costs nothing, and allows reasonable discussion of differing views. Pub brawls, on the whole, don't.

I dont like to see people ganging up on others though and it feels a bit like that right now.

Again, nor do I :-D. Coincidence, I think. At some point, enough is enough. We all have our limits. It just seems several among us reached ours at the same time.

Brian Kirby - 2021-01-14 5:36 PM

Careful folks. I dont like this singling out of Mr Birdbrain on nearly every thread.

Nor do I. I wonder why that might have happened? :-D

It can get a bit controversial on here and a bit dramatic and yes a fair bit of trolling goes on but I see a lot of it as perhaps a bit of entertainment but maybe thats just me. I dont agree with hardly anything Mr Birdbrain says but i often enjoy our exchanges and he has as much right as any of us to say what he likes.

Agreed - up to a point. That point, for me, is the derogatory personal attacks and insults, and deliberate provocation of conflict.

Some of us might push the boundaries of whats allowed a bit now and again, I know I probably have but so what? There is a lot worse you will find on other social media.

Here I tend to disagree. Civility costs nothing, and allows reasonable discussion of differing views. Pub brawls, on the whole, don't.

I dont like to see people ganging up on others though and it feels a bit like that right now.

Again, nor do I :-D. Coincidence, I think. At some point, enough is enough. We all have our limits. It just seems several among us reached ours at the same time.

I pretty much agree with you Brian, i thought it was just meant to be a bit of a laugh on here... serious but not that serious.

I'm not too fussed about communicating with Birdbrain or not

and can't fathom why he/she likes to personally insult everyone. Seems telling that most others don't insult each other in every post.

StuartO - 2021-01-14 9:35 AM

and I thought to respect you but you turn out to be a denier of the right to free speech you may object to birdy but at least he offers an alternative to the hubris of some on here.

Archived