More bad news for the Squad.........

Guest pelmetman

Daily Mail back onto Pelmets wavelength I see. Nice bit of spin.

I notice a lot of the comments however dont seem to agree. Still 1000+ people a week here still dying is perhaps their idea of success along with shortages in shops, businesses going under because of Brexit or moving abroad. What next? "We have never had it so good" speech?

But where our economy is roaring back to life thanks to the speed with which Britain managed to vaccinate adults – particularly using the long-lasting AstraZeneca jab that some EU countries so foolishly spurned – other European nations, especially Germany, are faltering.

I suppose this is what we come to expect of the Daily Fail, lies, .gov statistics show the AZ jab is not long lasting, also the latest .gov figures show the economy in the UK is also faltering, but what should we expect of a rag that championed the cause of a knife wielding peado.

colin - 2021-11-25 1:35 PM

But where our economy is roaring back to life thanks to the speed with which Britain managed to vaccinate adults – particularly using the long-lasting AstraZeneca jab that some EU countries so foolishly spurned – other European nations, especially Germany, are faltering.

I suppose this is what we come to expect of the Daily Fail, lies, .gov statistics show the AZ jab is not long lasting, also the latest .gov figures show the economy in the UK is also faltering, but what should we expect of a rag that championed the cause of a knife wielding peado.

As Barry noted readers comments disagree with the DM report but Pelmet only looks for headers he thinks favourable. Each DM article, I always go to readers comments section first!

"30-40k cases a day and over a 1000 deaths a week. What an achievement"

"Omg!!! It might have paid off in his eyes..but what carnage has he caused before..during and after?? Get him out.. he's a danger to our country and economy"

"Tell that to people who have relatives that died because of that"

"Shortages, rising prices , rising covid numbers, unfair working practices, riots and stupidity. Well done Johnson"

pelmetman - 2021-11-25 11:19 AM

>:-) ............

"How Boris Johnson's big gamble to reopen the economy after Covid lockdowns has paid off"

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-10240927/ALEX-BRUMMER-Boris-Johnsons-gamble-reopen-economy-Covid-lockdowns-paid-off.html

(lol) (lol) (lol) ............

Disagrees totally with the IMF and what is actually happening in front of your eyes - what is the current rate of inflation?

Guest pelmetman

You can always tell when Brexit is doing wonders for the UK ;-) ..........

The Squad start denying it >:-) .........

Keep on Hoping & Hating LOSERS (lol) (lol) (lol) ..........

pelmetman - 2021-11-26 9:45 AM

Barryd999 - 2021-11-25 11:19 PM

Lets hope this doesnt hit us this winter or if it does the vaccines work against it seeing as Johnson has said he will let the bodies pile high and has promised there will be no more lock downs.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-59418127

Keep on hoping & hating Barry *-) .........

Have you noticed how quickly flights to the area have been stopped?

If that is not a admission of previous mistakes I dont know what is.

Guest pelmetman
CurtainRaiser - 2021-11-26 10:11 AM

Lets hope this doesnt hit us this winter or if it does the vaccines work against it seeing as Johnson has said he will let the bodies pile high and has promised there will be no more lock downs.

No that's called learning from your mistakes ;-) ...........

I wonder if Merkel & Macron have learn't not to slag off vaccines? :-| ..........

pelmetman - 2021-11-26 10:16 AM

I wonder if Merkel & Macron have learn't not to slag off vaccines? :-| ..........

The vaccine that is no longer being used here and will never be licensed in the USA? That vaccine?

Slow learners then! Its been nearly two years now and every time they have dithered and delayed and left it until its too late and the "bodies start piling up".

Barryd999 - 2021-11-26 10:44 AM

Slow learners then! Its been nearly two years now and every time they have dithered and delayed and left it until its too late and the "bodies start piling up".

Well, at least Dave is now admitting that Johnson makes mistakes.

That has to be a major breakthrough in his " education ".

;-)

CurtainRaiser - 2021-11-26 10:18 AM

The vaccine that is no longer being used here and will never be licensed in the USA? That vaccine?

And with this new variant, if as is currently being postulated it is more vaccine resistant, then you are about to find out why mRNA vaccines are more useful in a pandemic.

https://www.nature.com/articles/nrd.2017.243

pelmetman - 2021-11-25 11:19 AM

>:-) ............

"How Boris Johnson's big gamble to reopen the economy after Covid lockdowns has paid off"

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-10240927/ALEX-BRUMMER-Boris-Johnsons-gamble-reopen-economy-Covid-lockdowns-paid-off.html (lol) (lol) (lol) ............

Another DM article from Dave's new, fave, economist. Note the date, though: https://tinyurl.com/yxqo8ad9 See how this chimes with you. I thought his proposed remedy especially persuasive.

Why should we keep on hating Barry ?

Seems like a reasonable sort of bloke to me.

(?)

malc d - 2021-11-26 5:28 PM

Why should we keep on hating Barry ?

Seems like a reasonable sort of bloke to me.

(?)

Oh I don't know, have you heard him sing? :-D

pelmetman - 2021-11-26 10:16 AM.....................................

1 No that's called learning from your mistakes ;-) ...........

2 I wonder if Merkel & Macron have learn't not to slag off vaccines? :-| ..........

1 Yes, but why did it take the same mistakes being repeated three times, with fatal consequences each time, before the lesson was learnt?

2 From the Grauniad, 23 Nov:

"Germany was the first European country to recommend not giving the AstraZeneca jab to people over 65 in late January, citing a lack of efficacy data for the vaccine in this age group. Other European countries swiftly followed with similar recommendations, including Italy, France, Poland and Sweden, although many later reversed this guidance after the publication of further efficacy data.

Some eventually even said it should only be used in older age groups, after the European Medicines Agency (EMA) reported a possible link between the vaccine and very rare cases of blood clots. Possibly as a result of these mixed messages, many Europeans were initially reluctant to receive the jab."

So hardly "slagging off", just a rational response to reservations about inadequate efficacy data (later reversed), and then indications of potentially serious side effects (later downgraded due to rarity). I would call that cautious and responsible.

Brian Kirby - 2021-11-26 6:54 PM

2 I wonder if Merkel & Macron have learn't not to slag off vaccines? :-| ..........

1 Yes, but why did it take the same mistakes being repeated three times, with fatal consequences each time, before the lesson was learnt?

"Germany was the first European country to recommend not giving the AstraZeneca jab to people over 65 in late January, citing a lack of efficacy data for the vaccine in this age group. Other European countries swiftly followed with similar recommendations, including Italy, France, Poland and Sweden, although many later reversed this guidance after the publication of further efficacy data.

Some eventually even said it should only be used in older age groups, after the European Medicines Agency (EMA) reported a possible link between the vaccine and very rare cases of blood clots. Possibly as a result of these mixed messages, many Europeans were initially reluctant to receive the jab."

So hardly "slagging off", just a rational response to reservations about inadequate efficacy data (later reversed), and then indications of potentially serious side effects (later downgraded due to rarity). I would call that cautious and responsible.

And don't forget we stopped using AstraZeneca with the under forties because of those same concerns about side effects. There is already the Vaccine Damage Payment Act, although the ambulance chasers like Leigh Deigh are readying for action, bearing in mind that the government gave all the pharmaceutical companies indemnity against any claims, it will be the taxpayer that picks up the cost of any successful claim.

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2021-11-26 6:54 PM

"I would call that cautious and responsible."

I would call it anti Brexit bitching which fed the anti vaxxer morons :-| .........

Seems to me recent history has proved me right however you LOSERS try to spin it *-) ........

Archived