More job losses

Bulletguy

Whitbread which owns Beefeater and Brewers Fayre alongside budget hotel chain Premier Inn, said it plans to cut up to 6,000 jobs because trading has been pummelled since the lockdown. The job cuts represent one in five of the staff. :-(

Wetherspoons plans to cut 450 jobs. Tim Martin, the founder and chairman of JD Wetherspoon, said there was no evidence that pubs were a source of transmission and accused the government of being “out of touch and out of control”.

Martin, an ardent Brexiteer and Tory party donor, accused Johnson of imposing the strict measures “to be seen to be doing something”.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2020/sep/22/premier-inn-whitbread-cut-jobs-covid-beefeater-lockdown

Memories of when they were 'besties'.

BigBuddies.jpg.d2539bcbcbb41a8ce43dc70bd789a678.jpg

Government pays people to go to the pub, Coronavirus cases shoot up. Its not that easy to figure out why.

Sadly I think pubs are doomed. Many were on their way out anyway or only just surviving. I would hate to see the demise of pubs completely but I just dont believe many will survive this and we have to stop people spreading the virus. p*ssed up people in pubs do not social distance no matter what time the pub closes.

Bulletguy - 2020-09-23 4:59 PM

accused Johnson of imposing the strict measures “to be seen to be doing something”.

Well at least we can agree on something

unless Covid 19 is a nocturnal creature that doesn't come out till 10 *-)

Pubs were already in crisis before covid

Now most people will have less money to spend in them

And those who have money won't go in for fear of catching the virus

Sad truth is we have far too many pubs and some need to close

Politicians won't like that because they have been a huge source of stealth tax.

And politicians love stealth taxes.

But the loss of all that revenue makes it all the more catastrophic for BoJo to keep borrowing money and spaffing it away.

Especially when he won't get into Her Majesty's Tax Havens and make the £billionaire owners of Tory supporting 'newspapers'pay tax. So he relies on stealth taxes.

We have all seen what people do in pubs, and that its perfect conditions for spreading the virus.

Maybe Bojo has realised that.

But closing them again straight after encouraging people to go to them by paying half with our money, would be too politically embarrassing.

And he is spaffing away so much of our money to his cronies, he needs all the stealth taxes he can get.

There are apparently 10,000 additional non covid deaths of people at home in the last 3 months.

Covid is with us . We are not going to get rid of it. People will die from it but not in the numbers of early this year.

The country can not afford to keep shutting everything down , everybody is important not just those with covid.

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2020-09-23 6:42 PM

Government pays people to go to the pub, Coronavirus cases shoot up. Its not that easy to figure out why.

Sadly I think pubs are doomed. Many were on their way out anyway or only just surviving. I would hate to see the demise of pubs completely but I just dont believe many will survive this and we have to stop people spreading the virus. p*ssed up people in pubs do not social distance no matter what time the pub closes.

So those spikes in cases in BAME areas were down to all those Muslim folk going down the pub and getting p*ssed? 8-) .............

P1010899.JPG.179964c16fdbf734ba084bbec07a697e.JPG

pelmetman - 2020-09-24 9:35 AM

Barryd999 - 2020-09-23 6:42 PM

So those spikes in cases in BAME areas were down to all those Muslim folk going down the pub and getting p*ssed? 8-) .............

Combination probably. Crap working conditions (probably when they should have been at home), people in sweat shops, over crowded housing and people out on the lash in the same towns. 42 police incidents called to pubs and an illegal rave in Middlesbrough the first night Johnson said go back to the pubs. There is also mounting evidence that suggests BAME people are more susceptible to the virus. Add all the above in to the mix and thats why there has been spikes in those areas.

Bulletguy - 2020-09-23 4:59 PM

Martin, an ardent Brexiteer and Tory party donor,

doesn't pay his suppliers either - emailed them at the start of the lockdown and told them he would pay his outstanding debts after his pubs re open - whenever that might be >:-)

Interesting how he knows the virus is not transmitted in his pubs *-)

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2020-09-24 2:12 PM

Barryd999 - 2020-09-24 12:35 PM

There is also mounting evidence that suggests BAME people are more susceptible to the virus. .

Thought to be lack of vitamin D, which the body uses sunlight to produce, and dark skinned people absorb less sunlight.

Apparently not ;-) .......

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-8767793/BAME-Genetic-variation-unlikely-influence-Covid-19-mortality.html

So I guess its because they don't follow the rules? *-) .........

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2020-09-24 5:06 PM

Up to 540,000 hospitality workers could lose their jobs as the industry ‘teeters on the edge’ after a new coronavirus crackdown, according to a new report. 8-)

https://tinyurl.com/y6rzhqtd

Could be worse ;-) .........

https://www.statista.com/statistics/268830/unemployment-rate-in-eu-countries/

We could still be in the EU 8-) ........

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2020-09-24 5:36 PM

pelmetman - 2020-09-24 5:10 PM

It is

BoJo throwing your money at employers will incentivise them to fire employees on reduced hours

Alternatively.....It might incentivise those with low skilled jobs to get proper jobs ;-) .........

pelmetman - 2020-09-24 6:09 PM

It is

BoJo throwing your money at employers will incentivise them to fire employees on reduced hours

Alternatively.....It might incentivise those with low skilled jobs to get proper jobs ;-) .........

And who is going to do the low skilled jobs you've just emptied? *-)

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2020-09-24 7:18 PM

It is

If their jobs aren't there.......no one ;-) ........

pelmetman - 2020-09-24 8:24 PM

It is

Yes not many people stick pelmets up in their homes now, thats true. (lol)

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2020-09-24 9:48 PM

It is

Correct ;-) ..........You poor folk couldn't afford my prices.......

maxresdefaultmuttley.thumb.jpg.c4908d3b7d4914becf2953cce7646a53.jpg

pelmetman - 2020-09-25 5:02 PM

It is

Not a matter of affording......but taste. YOU would have to pay ME to have one of those pieces of junk stuck up in my house. I cannot think of anything more gross, obsolete and ugly. Crikey me my Dad ripped ours out in the 1950's much to my mums relief and they went on the bonfire.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2020-09-25 6:40 PM

It is

Not a matter of affording......but taste. YOU would have to pay ME to have one of those pieces of junk stuck up in my house. I cannot think of anything more gross, obsolete and ugly. Crikey me my Dad ripped ours out in the 1950's much to my mums relief and they went on the bonfire.

So you can afford to spend 10's of £1000's on soft furnishings? ;-) .............

I think not........

maxresdefaultmuttley.thumb.jpg.ef383543873cbf48e65cec2b311aa1c7.jpg

pelmetman - 2020-09-26 9:32 AM

Bulletguy - 2020-09-25 6:40 PM

It is

So you can afford to spend 10's of £1000's on soft furnishings? ;-) .............

If i wanted to, but i don't need to.

I think not........

Think whatever you like. You seem to gauge everything in life on quantity.....how much someone has of material goods or money, i suspect to bolster your own personal inadequacies.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2020-09-26 1:41 PM

Think whatever you like. You seem to gauge everything in life on quantity.....how much someone has of material goods or money, i suspect to bolster your own personal inadequacies.

If I did Dumb Dumb ;-) ........I wouldn't have semi retired at 46 :D ........

I have always prefered quality of life over quantity B-) ........

So what have YOU achieved? >:-) ........

Just askin........

maxresdefaultmuttley.thumb.jpg.86909be9c8a98991db88d25fa67dfcdc.jpg

pelmetman - 2020-09-26 6:18 PM

I'll translate. You were scrounging off state benefits you said you "didn't really need". *-)

Living in a 30 year old van on a car park surrounded by concrete blocks...."quality life"? Wow.

Never needed to boast about it or make up any fairy stories.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2020-09-26 7:06 PM

I'll translate. You were scrounging off state benefits you said you "didn't really need". *-)

Living in a 30 year old van on a car park surrounded by concrete blocks...."quality life"? Wow.

Correct ;-) ......

You have nothing to boast about........

maxresdefaultmuttley.thumb.jpg.af993f9f46a965eef93800a3258d9b47.jpg

Bulletguy - 2020-09-26 7:06 PM

If someone goes semi retired at 46 why would they then claim benefits and how would they be eligible? Does "semi retired" Translate to "work dried up"?

Archived