You are logged in as a guest. 
  Home Forums Home  Search our Forums Search our Forums    Log in to the Forums Log in to the Forums  register Register on the Forums  

Forums ->  General Chat -> Chatterbox
Jump to page : FirstPrevious 1 2 3 4 Last
Format:  Go
More jobs now at risk over Brexit
AuthorMessage
userBulletguy
Posted: 11 March 2019 4:26 PM
Subject: RE: More jobs now at risk over Brexit

Legendary contributor

Fast Pat - 2019-03-11 3:42 PM

More https://www.ft.com/content/d4ac54e6-4310-11e9-b168-96a37d002cd3

That could trigger a further rush of Japanese company moves in coming weeks, the tax experts added. The Netherlands Foreign Investment Agency said in January that more than 250 companies were in discussions about Brexit-driven relocations.

Most of those Japanese companies moving headquarters were convinced to invest in the UK on the promise that it would be a stable, legally predictable gateway to Europe, with many basing themselves in the UK for decades.

I don't always get ft links open as it's paywalled but according to this, 42 companies and 1,923 jobs moved to the Netherlands last year.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/feb/09/brexit-uk-companies-discuss-moving-to-netherlands

Pelmet sees business moving out of UK as "another positive Brexit story" because employees properties will go on the housing market here.
userpelmetman
Posted: 11 March 2019 4:28 PM

Walks with the gods

Fast Pat - 2019-03-11 3:21 PM

pelmetman - 2019-03-11 8:52 AM

Brian Kirby - 2019-03-11 8:42 AM

pelmetman - 2019-03-10 8:39 AM...………………...I suspect it's a dam sight cheaper than maintaining a factory in a foreign country ..........

Especially as they prolly have to do that for the rest of the world where they flog their motors ........

I suspect what will happen is that all motor manufactures will shrink their operations abroad over the next few years, as they face the double whammy of recession and change to electrification/hybrid technology ......

You suspect Dave. Because it suits your agenda.

So, suspect this:

I suspect it's a dam sight cheaper than maintaining a factory in a foreign country, especially when that country has voted to place both tariff, and non-tariff, barriers between itself and its major trading market, so making that country a more expensive place in which to make, and from which to sell, cars.

If your suspicions had any validity then Honda would be relocating to the EU would they not? ........

So its your Remoaner agenda that's suspect not us Brexiteers ........

They don't need too, they've got their "maintained facility" in Turkey which has a FTA for vehicles with the EU, as you've already been told.

They've got soon to be car park and parts warehouse ............

For cars MADE IN JAPAN .......

Edited by pelmetman 2019-03-11 4:29 PM
userBulletguy
Posted: 11 March 2019 5:22 PM

Legendary contributor

pelmetman - 2019-03-11 4:28 PM

pelmetman - 2019-03-10 8:39 AM...………………...I suspect it's a dam sight cheaper than maintaining a factory in a foreign country ..........

Especially as they prolly have to do that for the rest of the world where they flog their motors ........

I suspect what will happen is that all motor manufactures will shrink their operations abroad over the next few years, as they face the double whammy of recession and change to electrification/hybrid technology ......

So, suspect this:

I suspect it's a dam sight cheaper than maintaining a factory in a foreign country, especially when that country has voted to place both tariff, and non-tariff, barriers between itself and its major trading market, so making that country a more expensive place in which to make, and from which to sell, cars.

If your suspicions had any validity then Honda would be relocating to the EU would they not? ........

They don't need too, they've got their "maintained facility" in Turkey which has a FTA for vehicles with the EU, as you've already been told.

Exactly what is your problem with cars made in Japan? Where is your pc made? The radio in your van? Tv set? Camera, phone, binoculars, clothing, shoes etc etc? Just have a look at some labels.
userBrian Kirby
Posted: 11 March 2019 6:40 PM

So, suspect this:

No, I'd have thought they'd keep what they've got, and import direct the models they don't/won't/can't produce in UK.
userpelmetman
Posted: 11 March 2019 6:46 PM

Walks with the gods

Brian Kirby - 2019-03-11 6:40 PM

So, suspect this:

No, I'd have thought they'd keep what they've got, and import direct the models they don't/won't/can't produce in UK.

Honda only came to the UK to avoid tariffs.........they no longer need to avoid them........end of story .......

userpelmetman
Posted: 11 March 2019 6:54 PM

Walks with the gods

Bulletguy - 2019-03-11 5:22 PM

pelmetman - 2019-03-11 4:28 PM

So, suspect this:

Exactly what is your problem with cars made in Japan? Where is your pc made? The radio in your van? Tv set? Camera, phone, binoculars, clothing, shoes etc etc? Just have a look at some labels.

I have no problem with anything made in Japan ..........Which is why I have a Toyota V6 in Spain and a Honda engined Rover 600 in the UK ........

Incidentally I also bought a brand new Honda accord when they first came out whilst I was stationed in Gib in 77 ...........That's the only car I ever made a profit on when I sold it in the UK, because they were far more expensive in the UK due to tariffs .........

Much prefer Jap cr*p to kraut Kr*p ........

Jump to page : FirstPrevious 1 2 3 4 Last
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)(Return to Homepage)

Any problems? Contact the administrator