More lines for the side of a bus

John52

But why grandly announce that you are- "..setting the goal of 100,000 tests per day." ( Matt Hancock's words on April 2nd- video here https://metro.co.uk/2020/04/02/matt-hancock-promises-100000-tests-day-end-april-12500642/ ), if in reality, there was very little, if any chance of getting close to that figure?

(it's also worth noting how what started out as "100,000 tests per day", very deftly got changed to include the word "capacity"..)

At best, it's just more meaningless figures, and at its worst it's being deceitful..?

Either way, chucking out impressive sounding figures- be it on the number of tests or the amount PPE that they have "obtained" (*ie- are on back order from China or Burma! ), figures that they continually fail to meet, is just counterproductive.

So they are claiming to have met the 100,000 target *-)

Look a bit closer and you find they are counting test kits that have been ordered

- before the sample has even been taken

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/may/01/ministers-accused-of-changing-covid-19-test-tally-to-hit-100000-goal

No wonder they think journalists shouldn't have the audacity to ask questions >:-)

..and should just parrot off the sh*te we are fed at the Downing Street Press Briefings >:-)

pepe63 - 2020-04-30 5:28 PM

Either way, chucking out impressive sounding figures- be it on the number of tests or the amount PPE that they have "obtained" (*ie- are on back order from China or Burma! ), figures that they continually fail to meet, is just counterproductive.

You would think so, wouldn't you

But when they have got large parts of the populist press to publish it and voters daft enough to believe it - and even think real journalists shouldn't have the audacity to ask questions, its got them a minority of the vote - and they don't need a majority when they can divide the majority vote amongst other parties :-S

Guest pelmetman

It didn't take the haters long did it? (lol) (lol) (lol) ..........

Isn't it time you Losers moved on from Brexit? >:-) .........

pelmetman - 2020-05-02 8:34 AM

Tell you what

You keep repeating loser but can't explain what you think I have lost that you haven't.

So I'll give up trying to get any sense out of you there and move on.

But we can't move on from Brexit - because the biggest damage hasn't happened yet

All we have lost so far is our seat at the table and a say in the EU rules we are still bound by and are still paying for. So we have to employ more people to find out second hand what the EU is deciding for us.

Brexit in name only to satisfy fools like you.

John52 - 2020-05-02 10:29 AM

Tell you what

You keep repeating loser but can't explain what you think I have lost that you haven't.

I've already explained to you what you've lost. Your side lost the general election with a thumping majority over Labour. Your side lost the Brexit debate and we're now leaving. You lie, like you always do, by claiming that more people voted for remain parties than voted Conservative. How do you arrive at that? Labour's policy wasn't to remain, it was to have a second referendum and leave if it once more approved that. Apart from Corbyn's toxicity, it was that indecision that contributed to their worst defeat for decades. You lost because a monarchy-supporting party was elected yet again. All in all you've had a bit of a losing streak.

Next you'll be claiming how much better off you are in Scotland. Really? You have higher taxes and higher drinks prices, with people organising booze 'cruises' to Berwick. We might be giving aid to Scotland, like we do to other poorer countries, but how much has that benefited you? Now you'll claim that higher taxation doesn't affect you and you don't drink, but that doesn't negate the facts that tax is higher and drink prices are higher in Scotland.

You are the biggest hypocrite I've ever come across. People are urged not to travel and it's been explained why thousands of motorhome owners converging on the parts of the UK with limited resources could create havoc with their health facilities as well as spreading the disease. But this doesn't apply to you, you're special! But if everyone did as you've done the hospitals in places like northern Scotland and Cornwall could have been overwhelmed. But it's only you, so that's OK? You're special.

You never stop carping about rich people who move to countries that have more favourable tax regimes, even though most of these people still have businesses in the UK paying taxes and employing people. But when it comes to investing your own money, where do you put it? In British companies via the FTSE for example? No, you look after number one by investing your money in the USA. So it's OK for you to maximise your wealth but not for others to do the same?

You're much more than a full-time loser, you're a full-time liar and hypocrite.

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2020-05-02 9:29 AM

pelmetman - 2020-05-02 8:34 AM

Tell you what

But we can't move on from Brexit - because the biggest damage hasn't happened yet

All we have lost so far is our seat at the table and a say in the EU rules we are still bound by and are still paying for. So we have to employ more people to find out second hand what the EU is deciding for us.

Brexit in name only to satisfy fools like you.

The EU was already in the cack before COVID19 ;-) .........

At least as a independent nation we will be much more able to take the necessary measures to rebuild our economy without EU red tap and them bleeding us dry B-) .........

If you don't like it you can still move to the EU >:-) .........

FunsterJohn - 2020-05-02 1:30 PM

John52 - 2020-05-02 10:29 AM

Tell you what

I've already explained to you what you've lost. Your side lost the general election with a thumping majority over Labour. Your side lost the Brexit debate and we're now leaving. You lie, like you always do, by claiming that more people voted for remain parties than voted Conservative. How do you arrive at that? Labour's policy wasn't to remain, it was to have a second referendum and leave if it once more approved that. Apart from Corbyn's toxicity, it was that indecision that contributed to their worst defeat for decades. You lost because a monarchy-supporting party was elected yet again. All in all you've had a bit of a losing streak.

Next you'll be claiming how much better off you are in Scotland. Really? You have higher taxes and higher drinks prices, with people organising booze 'cruises' to Berwick. We might be giving aid to Scotland, like we do to other poorer countries, but how much has that benefited you? Now you'll claim that higher taxation doesn't affect you and you don't drink, but that doesn't negate the facts that tax is higher and drink prices are higher in Scotland.

You are the biggest hypocrite I've ever come across. People are urged not to travel and it's been explained why thousands of motorhome owners converging on the parts of the UK with limited resources could create havoc with their health facilities as well as spreading the disease. But this doesn't apply to you, you're special! But if everyone did as you've done the hospitals in places like northern Scotland and Cornwall could have been overwhelmed. But it's only you, so that's OK? You're special.

You never stop carping about rich people who move to countries that have more favourable tax regimes, even though most of these people still have businesses in the UK paying taxes and employing people. But when it comes to investing your own money, where do you put it? In British companies via the FTSE for example? No, you look after number one by investing your money in the USA. So it's OK for you to maximise your wealth but not for others to do the same?

You're much more than a full-time loser, you're a full-time liar and hypocrite.

Actually I think a few on here and the Tories themselves labelled the Labour party as the part of "Remain" before the general election. So if it were then it is true that the majority of the electorate voted against Brexit in the General Election. Ive always said they voted for parties that were either remain parties or offered a second referendum with a very close relationship with the EU should we still vote to leave such as staying in the CU and SM.

Tories have engineered the most damaging kind of Brexit possible for which there is absolutely no majority in favour of.

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2020-05-02 2:55 PM

Tories have engineered the most damaging kind of Brexit possible for which there is absolutely no majority in favour of.

80 seats sounds like a thumping great majortiy to me >:-) .........

I bet if Oh No Joe had won by 1 seat you'd be singing a different tune :D .......

Archived