Morrisons increase pay

Bulletguy

Morrisons has announced that it will pay its more than 80,000 store and manufacturing staff a minimum of £10.20 an hour as of October 2022.

Wow.....I knew their wage was low but not that low. I pay my cleaning lady £14.50 an hour.

https://tinyurl.com/27ntr4ue

Morrisons pay the most whilst Waitrose pays the least.

https://tinyurl.com/mwvch5tt

Do you give her holiday pay? Do you pay her wages when she's off sick for weeks? Do you pay her for the time she spends travelling between clients, which could be a couple of hours a day when she can't work? Do you pay her travelling costs between each job? A supermarket worker only has one commute. She could have three or four.

Like most people who've enjoyed being employed, you haven't a clue about those who are self-employed.

FunsterJohn - 2022-06-15 8:58 AM

Like most people who've enjoyed being employed, you haven't a clue about those who are self-employed.

I didn't know you're an authority on self employment law. Perhaps you will quote the legal requirement to pay holiday pay, sick pay, and travel allowance to my self employed cleaner?

Bulletguy - 2022-06-15 6:20 PM

I didn't know you're an authority on self employment law. Perhaps you will quote the legal requirement to pay holiday pay, sick pay, and travel allowance to my self employed cleaner?

Where did I say that you have to give her these benefits? Now concentrate and read it slowly. A Morrison's worker gets all these benefits. A self-employed cleaner doesn't. So your obvious criticism of Morrison's wages is very silly. Your cleaner doesn't get paid if she's on holiday or off sick. Your cleaner loses time travelling between clients and has to pay much more in travelling expenses than a single commute supermarket worker.

Getting the drift? She's probably worse off on your £14.50 than the supermarket employee.

You don't know my expertise on employment law but I can guarantee it's better than yours.

FunsterJohn - 2022-06-15 6:01 PM

A Morrison's worker gets all these benefits. A self-employed cleaner doesn't.

There you go, that's all you needed to say instead of going off on a childishly silly ad hom rant spouting a load of drivel......particularly when claiming to have 'expertise on employment law'. *-)

Also my stating, "I knew their wage was low but not that low." was merely an observation. Only someone with extremely thin skin could interpret that as 'obvious criticism'. (lol)

Gremlin - 2022-06-15 9:58 PM

Bulletguy - 2022-06-15 7:58 PM

There you go, that's all you needed to say instead of going off on a childishly silly ad hom rant spouting a load of drivel......particularly when claiming to have 'expertise on employment law'. *-)

Also my stating, "I knew their wage was low but not that low." was merely an observation. Only someone with extremely thin skin could interpret that as 'obvious criticism'. (lol)

Seriously?

Yes.

Gremlin - 2022-06-15 9:58 PM

Bulletguy - 2022-06-15 7:58 PM

Seriously?

Then why make such a stupid statement that will easily be recognised as “stupid” by anyone who knows a little about current employment law.

Clearly you know sweet FA.

The employer now pays 8% into a pension - you do that?

The employer stumps up for paid holiday - you do that?

The employer provides sick pay - you do that?

The employer provides paternity pay where appropriate - and Maternity Pay where appropriate - you do that?

All these benefits a mandatory for the employer.

If any one post demonstrates the paucity of your knowledge……….

It is this one…

You really are a couple of two short planks!

Morrisons, like most retail employers, operates a Stakeholder pension for new staff. The current contributions are 5% employee and 3% employer, all staff are auto enrolled but most staff opt out. Mainly because they can't afford it, most retail staff don't do a 40 hour week so their salary is made up with working tax credits, the tax payer is in effect subsidising the companies.

Archived