Motorhome show, Bath & West show ground

martin r c

Hi Martin

We dropped in yesterday, first time we'd been. Very good show I thought, lots of motorhomes I agree and some people seem to have got some real bargains judging from the number of van's with sold on where the prices were still on show, especially those buying Rapidos! Quite a lot of stalls as well but not so many as some other shows I think, but still very good nonetheless. We had a BOGOF voucher so it only cost us £5.00 to get in, we were really bit spenders .... 3 x dog beds at £5.00 each, 1 pack of stick on reflectors at £2.00!!! :D

We had some 'unscheduled' entertainment - when we arrived and parked up at 9.00 am we were put at the edge at the bottom of a slope along the fence from the pedestrian entrance, it was in a bit of a dip but it didn't particularly worry us (twin rear-wheel drive with traction control - my hubby's been dying to try it out in 'wet' conditions!). Anyway, a couple of Fiat's were parked a little along from us and one of the owners must've got a bit twitchy about leaving his van there and promptly tried to drive off up the slope ... never seen a motorhome do 'skating' before ... he must've been having kittens!!! Then another van had a go and he too was slip sliding away ... In the end my husband went over to one of the ladies directing the motorhomes and suggested that she didn't put anyone else down there or indeed in front of those who were already down there otherwise they'd never get out without hitting someone. I don't think they knew how difficult it can be for front wheel drive motorhomes to get up slopes. :-(

The weather was absolutely gorgeous wasn't it! B-)

Archived