Motorhoming and rap culture

Victor Meldrew

Whilst staying on a site at the weekend I noticed that some of the women were scantily clad, wearing little more than a pair of shorts and t-shirt, one or two were even wearing swimming costumes (not a pool in site).

Rap artists often sing about and show women half naked, this got me thinking as to what influence rap music is having on us as motorhomers. By trying to appear ‘cool’ and indulging ourselves in ‘rap culture’ are we neglecting the moral well being of our grand children.

Victor Meldrew - 2007-08-13 4:41 PM

Whilst staying on a site at the weekend I noticed that some of the women were scantily clad, wearing little more than a pair of shorts and t-shirt, one or two were even wearing swimming costumes (not a pool in site).

Victor,

You must name and shame these sites so we can all go there and disapprove.

Col

Victor Meldrew - 2007-08-13 4:41 PM

By trying to appear ‘cool’ and indulging ourselves in ‘rap culture’ are we neglecting the moral well being of our grand children.

May be, it all passes me by. Is this rap thing still the thing, I don't know.

I remember my grandmother trying to 'dig' the sixties - errr..... yes, well.

Nothing more uncool than uncool folk attempting to be cool.

Be yourself.

Hey ho.

michele - 2007-08-13 9:54 PM

You never fail to amaze me . Me thinks you sit at that putor and rack your brains as to what silly arse stuff to come up with next.

Still what ever floats your boat 8-)

I thought that was what everyone was doing!

Don’t tell me that I’ve got it wrong and that all the inane drivel I read in these forums is intended to be intelligent communication.

By the way, love ya signature, it always makes me chuckle.

Usinmyknaus - 2007-08-14 8:51 AM

My daughter (the self-appointed arbiter of all things cool around here) assures me that possession of a caravan or motorcaravan is the antithesis of "cool" and she would not be seen dead anywhere near one.

Bob.

Not even a hearse rebuild.

twooks - 2007-08-14 10:17 AM

What - not even a 'surfer' VW T2 splitty ???? *-)

B-)

'Fraid so Twooks. Bob

PS When she first saw the Knaus after it arrived on the drive she looked at me in absolute horror and said "Daddy, for what you paid for that you could have bought me a really good sports car." (My wife and I had only bought her a Ford Fiesta!)

Mick H. - 2007-08-14 5:56 PM

Usinmyknaus - 2007-08-14 8:51 AM

My daughter (the self-appointed arbiter of all things cool around here) assures me that possession of a caravan or motorcaravan is the antithesis of "cool" and she would not be seen dead anywhere near one.

Bob.

Not even a hearse rebuild.

Definitely not. Youngsters 'ey?

Bob

Victor Meldrew - 2007-08-14 1:07 PM

michele - 2007-08-13 9:54 PM

You never fail to amaze me . Me thinks you sit at that putor and rack your brains as to what silly arse stuff to come up with next.

Still what ever floats your boat 8-)

I thought that was what everyone was doing!

Don’t tell me that I’ve got it wrong and that all the inane drivel I read in these forums is intended to be intelligent communication.

By the way, love ya signature, it always makes me chuckle.

I see no one could take the jam from yours :D

• 2 weeks later...

Archived