Music Down loading.

Hymer C 9.

Guest peter
Are we talking free or pay for?. If free try Morpheus or Kazaa but you get lots of pop-ups and adverts and maybe some spyware. But you firewall should block the latter. Some people also swear by Limewire.

Hi Carol - what sites you use depends on whether you want to pay for your music.

I use itunes to pay for downloads - 79p per track, no problems encountered.

If you want music for free, it isn't without risk of downloading viruses.

Limewire offer some security.

Michelle - Limewire Pro is not free.

The Pro version is, I think, a pay-for upgrade.

Limewire Basic is certainly free however, and that's the one I use a lot.

Please remember, the system only works 'cos people like me are prepared to share their stuff with you, so please share yours too with the rest of us.............:-D :-D

Link for anyone who wants to download either version of Limewire:

http://www.limewire.com/download/

Janine is right in one sense.....of course nothing is totally safe.

But with a good firewall/virus checker/anti-spyware you should be fine with Limewire.

But you should have those security systems installed and operating before you ever log on to the internet, regardless of which sites you are visiting.

Certainly I use Limewire A LOT and have done for yonks, and have never had any problems (yet!)

i've used gomusic.ru quite a bit - they have an english version and the music is cheap !!!! but not always up to date. Have to pay in euros but last time I bought an album it cost me about £5. If you can read russian there is more choice but it's worth a look!!

Elaine.

Soon to be without motorhome!

Carol

Newsgroups........... Astraweb unlimited account, or Easynews. Not free, but a very reasonable $10 - $15 a month.

Some find it difficult to master but it's super fast & you'll be gobsmacked at what's available.

Be careful of anything that involves 'peer to peer' file sharing.

Bryan

Archived