My mate round the corner

nightrider

I have mentioned my mate on here before, he is the one aged about 60, never been married but has a girlfriend down the street, he lives on his own in a smallish bungalow.

Here is a list of vehicles that he owns, a 24' long motorhome, a 4 wheel drive jeep, a Ford focus motorcar, two big motorbikes a Kawazaki and a Honda, a single bike trailer and a trailer for hauling junk.

All these vehicles were bought brand new, he has just told me that he is going to buy not only a twin axle caravan but a boat as well, i said are you part exing one of the other motors to buy the caravan and boat?

He said no, he is keeping them all, what in Gods name does he want all them for? the sheer cost of taxing, insuring and fuelling all those vehicles is mind boggling, not only that the sheer logistics of shunting those vehicles about to take them out for a spin to keep them running would be daunting.

While he will spend thousands in one way he will argue the toss over coppers, he wont pay to pitch up on a campsite preferring to park up on laybys, while everyone uses their camper to suit themselves my mate never goes out on a trip for more than 3 days at any one time, to my way of thinking a total waste of a big expensive motorhome.

I suppose its a case of you pays your money and takes your choice.

Guest Tracker

It's his money why can't he spend it as he pleases without criticism from anyone else - or is his wealth a matter of some envy?

There are surely enough control freaks in Westminster without anyone else joining in?

Good luck to him and I hope he derives much pleasure from his toys!

Tracker - 2009-05-26 8:55 PM

It's his money why can't he spend it as he pleases without criticism from anyone else - or is his wealth a matter of some envy?

There are surely enough control freaks in Westminster without anyone else joining in?

Good luck to him and I hope he derives much pleasure from his toys![/quote

Tracker,

His wealth is not a matter of envy, and neither am I a control freak. To me a vehicle is a tool unless it is a classic vehicle to be cherished.

I just dont see the point in spending thousands of pounds just to drive a motor round the block to keep it working.

He is the worst one for moaning how much it costs for fuel and tax and insurence and the effort in shunting them around in order to get one out of a confined space, all I have done is relate what a friend of mine does, I dont think I warrant being told that I am envious or I am a control freak.

Foxy,

I can't seem to make some of you understand, me and my mate are bosom buddies we interact with each other a lot and we are round at each others house doing various jobs of work for each other.

When I see him huffing and puffing shunting the motors around in order to take them out for a run I quite naturally say what is the point of having those motors that you dont use for the purpose that they were built. He is the one that is moaning about them, not me.

If you cannot make a valid comment on something for fear of being called an envious control freak (Tracker) or being told you dont get out enough (you) then its time to give up.

"If you cannot make a valid comment on something for fear of being called an envious control freak (Tracker) or being told you dont get out enough (you) then its time to give up."

You said it Malc, its time to give up passing comment on how other people choose to live their lives.

D.

davenewell@home - 2009-05-30 7:25 PM

"If you cannot make a valid comment on something for fear of being called an envious control freak (Tracker) or being told you dont get out enough (you) then its time to give up."

You said it Malc, its time to give up passing comment on how other people choose to live their lives.

D.

dave,

Is it a case of "Tit for tat"? dont you think you shouldn't comment on Susan Boyles looks or quote your old mates saying "she has a face like a melted wellie" Susan appeared on the show for her singing ability not her looks or figure, at least I did not insult my mate, but you insulted her.

Touche I think?

davenewell@home - 2009-05-31 6:09 AM

If it salves your conscience Malc its OK by me :D :D .

D.

Nah then dave,

If anyone needs to salve his concience its not me its you, at least what I said or inferred about my mate was about someone well able to look after himself. Its you and your old mate who said that Susan had a face like a melted wellie, admitted she has a wonderful vocal ability and it is not her fault that she was at the back of the queue when the good Lord was handing out good looks and figures is it?

Fancy saying that about a poor owd Scottish spinster, shame on you, looks like you have been out flanked out gunned and outwitted in this instance and are trying to back peddle to salve your concience, ner ner LOL

Guest peter
He sounds like a man like me. 3 cars a motorhome and a boat. But it's my money and I'll do what i like with it. :D

peter - 2009-06-03 12:09 AM

He sounds like a man like me. 3 cars a motorhome and a boat. But it's my money and I'll do what i like with it. :D

That might be so peter, but do you just drive your cars round the block? and do you go out in your motorhome for more than 3 days at a time?

Guest Tracker
knight of the road - 2009-06-03 1:21 AM

peter - 2009-06-03 12:09 AM

That might be so peter, but do you just drive your cars round the block? and do you go out in your motorhome for more than 3 days at a time?

Are you still missing the point Malcolm?

It is HIS money and HIS to do with as HE pleases, when HE pleases and how HE pleases, without criticism from any one else.

Otherwise we run the risk of ending up in a totalitarian society where Joe Public can only do what the leader dictates, how he dictates and when he dictates.

peter - 2009-06-03 8:52 PM

Don't bother Richard. Knight really should get out more.... :->

And another sarcastic comment by Peter.

If you can't originate a thread then I suggest you stick to reading the Sun newspaper, just about your mark.

Guest Tracker
The only question remaining is whether we all drown in the p### on here or the s### from Westminster - it will be a closely run contest - but my money is on Gordon for sheer tenacity and experience of crapability!

Archived