My weekends

Forester

In reply to giggles (michele) question of what we do at weekends.

As most of you know we do WW2 re-reenactment. I myself do 1st Airborne Div, South Staffs who landed at Arnhem in Operation Market Garden. I have a 9mm MK2 Sten with skeleton butt, a 303 Bren + pod (its a stand for the bren to take out aircraft.) & a 303 MK1 S.M.L.E  or smelly as they were called. Sherwood Foresters Desert Rats 1939/45 BEF/Africa/Italy/Palastine. My dads old  Regiment which no longer exists. When they landed at Anzio in Italy there were a batt of 800 men by the end of the battle in the town there were 67 men and no officers left, my dad was one of the 67. I found it very hard to talk with dad about the war & only when i started doing this as a fun hobbie did i start to get what happened with the Dessert Rats, now i know why he wouln't say much. We meet up with so many Vets & they tell you there story of the war & on some occasions it can literary reduce you to tears  I also do you will like this howie!, 21st Army group Military Police. Maggie is badged as Provost Police sarj MP, Civvies & A.T.S (battle uniform ) We enjoy meeting up with like minded people at events up & down the country. We have just started to do our own web-site & started our own group called the Forties Friends Group, I will post a link on here for anyone whos interested in looking at. I would post some picturs on here but i have tried & failed so you will have to wait till i put the link up. Our next event date for April/May if anyone is interested in comming are April 28/29 Churnet Valley Staffs. May 19/29 Howarth (free) busy event, 28/29/30 Bury War w/end (free if you dont traval on the train) Try them you never know you could be my next C.O.

Hi Frank, Just replying to giggles she asked what we do at the events, But as we can read the poor lady is up to her head with t***ers not only ruining the poor childs life but everbody elses. Michele, Myself & Maggie are thinking of you & your husband at this time take care & look after both of you. Loads & loads of love. Wayne/Maggie. XXXXX

Archived