NEC show

Dave Newell

Hi all. Has anybody been to the show yet, we're going next Sunday but I was wondering what the general reaction is. Is there anything new there? Also I notice from the floor plan for the show that there is an "outandaboutlive.co.uk advice cafe" there. Is this an internet cafe type affair does anyone know? Or have they nicked a couple of "experts" from here? I notice Clive's been quiet for a week or so.

(lol)

d.

hi dave went yesterday,very good show ,as for the cafe it is not the internet type.plenty to look at .all the big names there as usual.seems much bigger show than last year did not have time to go around all i wanted to see.also first time had to fight to get in there was also a wedding show on in other halls but very good day out.

Went yesterday too, very big with loads of vans to have a look at and the accessories are spread all over the place so you'll end up doing a lot of walking if you're just shopping for bits and pieces. The cost of motorhome seems to have really shot up this time round, I know there's the new base vehicles to consider but I'm so glad we bought our Rimor as there was nothing to compare price for price for the quality of van, albeit on an outgoing base, and nothing else that tempted us anyway, but plenty to drool over if that's what you like to do. Also had a good shuftie round the boat show bit ... anyone want a motorboat for only £298,000? 8-)

We ended up with quick release clamps for the leisure battery (boring), chopping board (yawn), pork scratchings (yummie! :-> ), gas cannisters for a portable gas stove to use outside (ho hum *-) ), and an overlay for the camper mattress (expensive! :-S ). There were no less than 6 stalls selling the overlays and they varied from £50.00 for a double at 38mm thickness (not much substance to it) to well over £200 for a 2 inch Raskelf one (or whatever the spelling is). We bought a 2 inch one including a thin fleecy zip-off cover for £99 (normally £125 for the foam alone but special show offer), it was one of only 2 stalls where we could actually lay on one to see how good it was, the rest we just tried by squishability and weight. All in all, well worth the price for a good night's kip as it'll get plenty of use. :-D

Beware of being sent round to Hall 2 though if you've bought tickets in advance, we were sent there and it was a ruddy nightmare, wish we'd stayed at Hall 5, we'd have been in much quicker with the other crowd. Supposed to have been entitled to a free show guide but the woman on the tickets took ours and then we had nothing to show that we were entitled to the free guide!!!! Gave up in the end and just tried to wander around in a sensible fasion, fortunately we'd downloaded a site plan off the web before we'd gone so not totally lost.

Get there early if you're going on a weekend, we had the problem with the Wedding show being on as well and the car park was getting fairly full by 9.15 am, we'd got there just after 9.00 am so didn't have too far to walk fortunately, but some poor souls were having to walk quite a way after getting off the bus with all their new purchases. :'(

don't worry Mel, we still use our Raskelf and get a great nights kip, even used them on the floor in the 'study' as an extra bed over Christmas - went down a treat.

don't suppose you picked up a spare set of skillets while you were there for me, did you????? :->

just have to wait until York if you didn't

B-)

Archived