NHS Dentists

John52

Anyone tried to get NHS treatment in England?

Its OK here in Scotland (and N Ireland) - and our NHS fees are lower, on account of all your money Johnson sends us to bribe us to stay in the UK and maintain his empire at your expense. So he can continue to strut his stuff on the world stage. as a 'leader' of a G7 country

But I'm reading of a dire situation in England 8-)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-61233013

:-(

Gremlin - 2022-04-29 9:38 AM

The BBC says:-

“Scotland has earned the unenviable reputation as the “sick man” of Europe in recent years. The country has higher death rates from cancer, heart disease and stroke than anywhere else in the U.K.”

Thats true actually.

Because of all your money Johnson gives to the Alcos & Smackheads to vote for him :-S

Gremlin - 2022-04-29 11:06 AM

John52 - 2022-04-29 10:21 AM

Gremlin - 2022-04-29 9:38 AM

Dentistry has been a mess since Tony Blair

That may be so - but how long have the Tories had to put it right *-)

Labour in power till 2010 - coalition then and then Conservatives to date.

SNP minority leadership since 2007 to date.

So I would suggest the SNP has had the power to improve things more than any other party.

John has already said he's more than happy with the dental service in Scotland. The question he asked was "has anyone tried to get NHS (dental) treatment in England" and the truthful answer is it's always been extremely difficult. If any dentist here opens up a list taking on NHS patients it will be fully booked up within hours.

People in Hartlepool that cornerstone of thicko new Tory supporting Muppets are pulling their own teeth out apparently because they cant get an NHS dentist appointment. Surprise Surprise not.

https://www.itv.com/news/tyne-tees/2022-01-28/people-pulling-their-own-teeth-out-due-to-lack-of-dentist-access-on-teesside

Its not just NHS dentists its the NHS in general. two hours for an ambulance, sick people dying in corridors. Getting an NHS dentist is now nigh on impossible (its not free anyway). The Tories say NHS treatment will always be free at the point of contact and they are probably not lying. Its just that it will be so hopeless everyone with any money will have to pay to go private or die probably or pull their own teeth out.

Barryd999 - 2022-04-29 5:14 PM

People in Hartlepool that cornerstone of thicko new Tory supporting Muppets are pulling their own teeth out apparently because they cant get an NHS dentist appointment. Surprise Surprise not.

https://www.itv.com/news/tyne-tees/2022-01-28/people-pulling-their-own-teeth-out-due-to-lack-of-dentist-access-on-teesside

Its not just NHS dentists its the NHS in general. two hours for an ambulance, sick people dying in corridors. Getting an NHS dentist is now nigh on impossible (its not free anyway). The Tories say NHS treatment will always be free at the point of contact and they are probably not lying. Its just that it will be so hopeless everyone with any money will have to pay to go private or die probably or pull their own teeth out.

Back in the early 70's a mate of mine had a Dentist pal who had his own practice. Whilst those of us lucky enough to own an old banger, this lad was swanning around in a brand new Alfa Romeo Spider (The Graduate car). He'd only been qualified a few years yet already had more money than he knew what to do with. They get shed loads for doing very little work.

Bulletguy - 2022-04-29 5:59 PM

They get shed loads for doing very little work.

Seem to be doing even less work now judging by your waiting lists.

Yet politicians keep saying NHS spending has increased.

So where is it going *-)

First thing I would do is stop ministers using their personal email accounts for Government business so their Crony contracts for buying useless overpriced PPE etc can't be traced.

But Johnson won't hear of it.

Which is why I suppose his cabinet want to keep him.

I've had to have two urgent visits to my NHS dentist in the last 12 months, seen within couple days even though I have told them 'it doesn't hurt', follow up appointments for x ray, fillings, and descale within couple of weeks.

• 3 months later...
colin - 2022-05-01 4:50 PM

I've had to have two urgent visits to my NHS dentist in the last 12 months, seen within couple days even though I have told them 'it doesn't hurt', follow up appointments for x ray, fillings, and descale within couple of weeks.

Well you seem to be in the minority, wheras 95% of people in Scotland are registered with an NHS dentist.

And you will have been charged more than you would in Scotland.

John52 - 2022-08-09 10:41 AM

Well you seem to be in the minority, wheras 95% of people in Scotland are registered with an NHS dentist.

We have very few NHS dentists in my locality. A guy I used to work with, his wife was a receptionist at one and he told me they opened up a list for NHS and by noon they were fully subscribed. All places had gone within hours.

Bulletguy - 2022-08-09 7:52 PM

We have very few NHS dentists in my locality. A guy I used to work with, his wife was a receptionist at one and he told me they opened up a list for NHS and by noon they were fully subscribed. All places had gone within hours.

There are currently reports that people are extracting their own teeth, and even making teeth with resin and sticking them in with superglue.

Looks like we're becoming a third world country where dentistry is concerned.

:-|

Gremlin - 2022-08-09 5:08 PM

Pointless thread resurrection IMO -

Is NHS dentisty OK in England now then *-)

Gremlin - 2022-08-09 5:08 PM

Add all this to the Ferry debacle where the SNP ignored official warnings of how things were going badly wrong.

Did the SNP give your money to a ferry company with no ferries like Failing Grayling did ?

Gremlin - 2022-08-10 7:40 AM

At least the debacle at Dover was because the French didn’t turn up for work at their booths.

,……,

Actually the French did turn up for work at their booths - in numbers which was enough before Brexit.

Should you be blaming the French for not giving up their holiday weekend to process the extra paperwork you have created by Brexit?

By the way.

I recall talk of a National water grid when water was still in public ownership, so we could have sent you plenty of water from here in pissindoon :-D

But I never heard anything more about a National Water Grid, or any new reservoirs, or even basic maintenance of the water mains, since the Tories sold off our water supplies in the 1980's

Just £millions for water bosses and hired Members of Parliament, and £72billion piped off to shareholders instead of investing in the network. They don't want to impose hosepipe bans because they want you to keep wasting water when you are on a meter. So far your raiin has come in time. But what when it doesn't?

malc d - 2022-08-09 8:14 PM

Bulletguy - 2022-08-09 7:52 PM

There are currently reports that people are extracting their own teeth, and even making teeth with resin and sticking them in with superglue.

Looks like we're becoming a third world country where dentistry is concerned.

I think we've reached that stage now Malc.....civil unrest is a growing reality.

Can you therefore explain why Westminster is so desperate not to allow Scotland an Independence Ref.and to hold on to Scotland's resources? Please exclude the untrue "once in a generation"

As for the news reports published and broadcast by the media they make it sound ike Scotland is a Colony from the old Empire, Check back in history and you will find the same , too poor, too small, need Westminster, tactic was used in countries that are now Independent with no intention of applying to rejoin the "Empire".

Regarding getting appointments for Dentists, no issues, partner called on Tuesday, had a broken tooth and was in the same day.

Gremlin - 2022-08-10 3:28 PM

John52 - 2022-08-10 1:49 PM

Has anyone blamed the privatisations of our power and water supplies on Brexit *-)

Or is that just another straw man argument.

No - I was taking the P out of you.

But you can't see its backfired on you (lol)

Mikey - 2022-08-11 11:00 PM

Can you therefore explain why Westminster is so desperate not to allow Scotland an Independence .....

Grumblin quoted your question, and then posted a long diatribe without answering it (lol)

So I'll have a go.

In the Civil Service they call it 'Empire Building'

The bigger the 'Empire' you are in charge of, the bigger your pay grade and status.

Johnson couldn't strut his stuff on the world stage as leader of a G7 country if he only ruled little old England.

So he is prepared to impoverish England to send bribes to Scotland, Wales & Northern Ireland to stay in the UK.

Gremlin - 2022-08-10 7:40 AM

Sturgeon and the SNP who it seems budgeted £97million for new Ferries but which remain unfinished and with the total spend now estimated to cost the taxpayer £250million.

……,

Is that all?

Johnson bungs us that every week (lol)

Oh and you might like to compare the price of Cal Mac ferries with the price of English ferries to the Isle of Wight 8-)

(.. or the toll bridges in England with the bridges in Scotland)

At least Saint Nicola is spending it on us, instead of bunging it to cronies like Johnson.

Mikey - 2022-08-11 11:00 PM

Can you therefore explain why Westminster is so desperate not to allow Scotland an Independence Ref. ..........

Because the fact that Scotland wants to leave is a sign of failure of the " U.K. " ( i.e. London ) government to keep the U.K. united.

There is another factor of course.

Faslane is very important to their military...

The Government sees its first duty as defending the Government.

If you are skint and living in a rented slum you have little to lose from a foreign invasion and change of Government. You might even be better off.

At the other end of the scale if you are a member of the ruling class with multiple mansions you have a lot to lose from said change of Government.

Hence Truss preparing to ramp up military spending at your expense.

A belligerant Truss said 'Bring Russia to its knees', Russian Foreign Minister said 'Bring it On' so what does she do now ?

Archived