NIMBY's?

Barryd999

And people wonder why we dont want "townies" flocking back to the Dales at the moment. NIMBY's is a word I have heard used.

Jeesaz. Richmond falls is just down the road from me. The day after a group of Richmond teenagers were left to clear up their mess and were praised on our local Social media. In most other countries right now heavy fines would have been issued I am sure. Disgraceful. The governments wishy washy approach and now Cummings blatant rule breaking justs gives people like this the excuse they need. They want locking up.

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/crime/break-ins-parties-poo-and-abandoned-knickers-aftermath-bank-holiday-yorkshires-national-parks-2865270?fbclid=IwAR3jI25hPNkpAiKX_sRyDUgHq3xHnbU9gp5Y-U7wn8vi3XfMCP9A_FeeM04

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Barryd999 - 2020-05-28 7:57 AM

And people wonder why we dont want "townies" flocking back to the Dales at the moment. NIMBY's is a word I have heard used.

Jeesaz. Richmond falls is just down the road from me. The day after a group of Richmond teenagers were left to clear up their mess and were praised on our local Social media. In most other countries right now heavy fines would have been issued I am sure. Disgraceful. The governments wishy washy approach and now Cummings blatant rule breaking justs gives people like this the excuse they need. They want locking up.

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/crime/break-ins-parties-poo-and-abandoned-knickers-aftermath-bank-holiday-yorkshires-national-parks-2865270?fbclid=IwAR3jI25hPNkpAiKX_sRyDUgHq3xHnbU9gp5Y-U7wn8vi3XfMCP9A_FeeM04

what should people do when they legally travel to a place and discover all the toilets are closed ?

(PS: assuming they don't have a toilet and everything else they need to socially isolate with them like we do)

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2020-05-28 8:41 AM

what should people do when they legally travel to a place and discover all the toilets are closed ?

(PS: assuming they don't have a toilet and everything else they need to socially isolate with them like we do)

Sh*t in a bag ;-) ..........and take it home! >:-) ........

You think youths are swayed by what Mr Cummings did ??? ... He took drugs , crapped all over and had a party did he ??? ... Hate on Barry

pelmetman - 2020-05-28 8:44 AM

Sh*t in a bag ;-) ..........and take it home! >:-) ........

Oh well thats simple then. *-)

Why do we need public toilets *-)

They have probably been caught unawares and don't have a bucket and bags and place of privacy with them.

What if they want a pee *-)

Birdbrain - 2020-05-28 8:49 AM

You think youths are swayed by what Mr Cummings did ??? ... He took drugs , crapped all over and had a party did he ??? ... Hate on Barry

Don't be silly,no one is saying its ok to take drugs etc

Wherever you have a large group you will have undesireables, you could use that as an excuse to ban everything.

We are talking about using DC as an excuse to do what he did - break his lockdown rules, not to take drugs when you do.

Oh and DC said he stopped at the side of the road for a pee

They should go home! Crapping in someones garden might be acceptable to you but round here we have standards!

I dont know if he took drugs (probably) or crapped all over the place. Well he did a virtual crap all over the place I live and the elderly residents who live in Barney. The point I was making is its bad enough clearly already without people like these morons now having the excuse that if its ok for government officials to break the rules so can they.

Its just crackers though, the Police seem powerless but our governments approach has been far too relaxed. These are not isolated incidents either. When they allowed people to travel they should have put a twenty mile limit with a £200 fine or something if you exceeded that without a valid excuse. That distance is more than enough for anyone anywhere in the country to enjoy some countryside without them all congregating in tourist hot spots which would not be so bad if they could behave but these people are just scum and need locking up.

Barryd999 - 2020-05-28 9:30 AM

I dont know if he took drugs (probably) or crapped all over the place. Well he did a virtual crap all over the place I live and the elderly residents who live in Barney. The point I was making is its bad enough clearly already without people like these morons now having the excuse that if its ok for government officials to break the rules so can they.

Its just crackers though, the Police seem powerless but our governments approach has been far too relaxed. These are not isolated incidents either. When they allowed people to travel they should have put a twenty mile limit with a £200 fine or something if you exceeded that without a valid excuse. That distance is more than enough for anyone anywhere in the country to enjoy some countryside without them all congregating in tourist hot spots which would not be so bad if they could behave but these people are just scum and need locking up.

I would guess that a lot of these people are quite thick - and weren't aware that most public toilets are not open.

As for leaving lots of rubbish all over the place, that's just part of getting back to ' normal ' unfortunately.

:-(

John52 - 2020-05-28 9:57 AM

a £200 fine

Do you think fixed penalties, irrespective of means, are fair *-)

In this case , yes.

If they can't pay send 'em back to clear the mess up.

:-|

a £200 fine

(Some people can laugh at them anyway because they have nothing that can be taken off them )

I dont care if fixed penalties are fair, in fact WTF should they be fair for? If they cant pay then lock them up or community service. Make them go around and clear up their own and their fellow low lifes sh1t. This kind of thing never went on before this current crisis, least not here and not to this extent. Its just a pity this disease is not selective in who it latches onto and wipes out.

John52 - 2020-05-28 9:51 AM

Barryd999 - 2020-05-28 9:22 AM

They should go home!

What if they can't hold out till they get home ?

Then crap in your own car and take it home with you or have the brains to think ahead and dont travel so far when there are no amenities.

John52 - 2020-05-28 8:56 AM

Don't be silly,no one is saying its ok to take drugs etc

Wherever you have a large group you will have undesireables, you could use that as an excuse to ban everything.

We are talking about using DC as an excuse to do what he did - break his lockdown rules, not to take drugs when you do.

Oh and DC said he stopped at the side of the road for a pee

Didn't they stop for his son to have a pee ??? ... Given the difficulty you have in distinguishing between Mr Cummings coming out of a house or car you really are struggling ... If it helps read things 2 or 3 times

From the hypocrite who went out on his scooter taking photos ??? ... Lordy

Birdbrain - 2020-05-28 12:18 PM

From the hypocrite who went out on his scooter taking photos ??? ... Lordy

No, thats something you made up as you well know.

Barryd999 - 2020-05-28 10:37 AM

a £200 fine

(Some people can laugh at them anyway because they have nothing that can be taken off them )

I dont care if fixed penalties are fair, in fact WTF should they be fair for? If they cant pay then lock them up or community service. Make them go around and clear up their own and their fellow low lifes sh1t. This kind of thing never went on before this current crisis, least not here and not to this extent. Its just a pity this disease is not selective in who it latches onto and wipes out.

So we don't need public toilets then - just lock people up instead as we haven't got enough in jail (just more per head of population than any other country in Europe)

Sounds like a Dominic Cummings plan

Council absolves itself from responsibility for providing toilets, plebs fall out with each other taking attention away from him, same old divide and rule :D

John52 - 2020-05-30 11:05 PM

a £200 fine

So we don't need public toilets then - just lock people up instead as we haven't got enough in jail (just more per head of population than any other country in Europe)

Council absolves itself from responsibility for providing toilets, plebs fall out with each other taking attention away from him, same old divide and rule :D

What we need is for the plebs not to come to our tourist hot spots and break all the social distancing rules. All the government had to do was put in place a 20 mile max distance rule with a fine of say £200 if you are caught beyond that without a reasonable excuse and that would hopefully put most of them off, not all but enough. Plus it would allow the Rozzers to on the spot fine all those numpties from Teesside who gathered at Richmond Falls recently. If they refuse to pay, then community service and if they refuse to do that, lock em up. Johnsons light touch has simply not worked. The country is full of thick as mince morons who cannot or will not follow the rules. The rules need tightening and enforcing.

Barryd999 - 2020-05-31 12:33 PM

a £200 fine

What we need is for the plebs not to come to our tourist hot spots and break all the social distancing rules. All the government had to do was put in place a 20 mile max distance rule with a fine of say £200 if you are caught beyond that without a reasonable excuse and that would hopefully put most of them off, not all but enough. Plus it would allow the Rozzers to on the spot fine all those numpties from Teesside who gathered at Richmond Falls recently. If they refuse to pay, then community service and if they refuse to do that, lock em up. Johnsons light touch has simply not worked. The country is full of thick as mince morons who cannot or will not follow the rules. The rules need tightening and enforcing.

"thick as mince morons" ... Like those MPs you campaigned and voted for ???

a £200 fine

Would suit me as I am never more than 20 miles from my (motor)Home :-D

In any case shouldn't bother you as it looked like the toilets on Barney high street were open last week?

I didn't go down, as I don't use public toilets - my method is safer than them or hotels etc where facilities are shared.

but when I looked down from above the door was open.

numpties from Teesside who gathered at Richmond Falls recently. .

If its where I think it is - the P&D car park below the town, there is a toilet block right there IIRC.

So the numpties were the ones who locked them up.

Remarkable how some councils can keep the P&D machines going, with their common contact surfaces and no hand cleaning facility, but not the toilets.

Sounds like a Cummings plan to evade their responsibility for providing toilets, get the plebs falling out over them, same old divide and rule to take attention away from him.

(might have said this before but I repeat things because I can see you're a bit thick ;-) )

lock em up.

case you hadn't noticed, Britain already has the highest proportion of its citizens in jail than any other EU country. Overcrowded jails are a petri dish for the virus (and crime) so we urgently need to reduce the jail population. The last thing we need is an influx of people for peeing in the woods.

John52 - 2020-05-31 12:46 PM

a £200 fine

Would suit me as I am never more than 20 miles from my (motor)Home :-D

In any case shouldn't bother you as it looked like the toilets on Barney high street were open last week?

I didn't go down, as I don't use public toilets - my method is safer than them or hotels etc where facilities are shared.

but when I looked down from above the door was open.

Ah so your now touring are you? Not content with putting the good people of Cornwall at risk you have come up here now as well. I believe your home is in Scotland so even in Barney you are more than 20 miles from your proper home.

Its got so serious in places up here that the military police have had to be called in to sort Richmond out and in upper Teesdale the rozzers have had to close some roads.

https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/18486146.police-close-road-due-congestion-involving-least-200-cars/?fbclid=IwAR1DuuWEQI6KVmvpbrtMJn-77jRa1Tt1GQuwTRnS16g_fBnu_PQopPM7jdg

Having read the mood of the locals I wouldnt be at all surprised if some of them start taking the law into their own hands. Careful where you park up. You told us that everyone in Cornwall was friendly towards you. I wouldnt assume you will get the same treatment in the Dales.

Archived