Net Curtains

Randonneur

We have 3 windows that have net curtains at them as well as flyscreens and blinds. I have just finished washing all 6 of them and tried to put them back. Talk about a mammoth job, the fittings must have been designed by a MAN, no woman in their right mind would fit them like ours are fitted. I think the pelmets are put on after the curtains are fitted. Anyway, first and last time I say. Next time he can do it.

Had my rant now, I'm OK.

Sylvia

Hi Sylvia- I remember doing our old van a few years ago, and the pelmets were fixed without any way of removing them. We had washed the curtains and they were on plastic hooks which had to locate in sliding rings. It was impossible to remove or replace them until I used some long pronged plyers,( available from any tool shop) and this did the job. Was still akward to do but got there in the end. Regards chas

John H - 2007-05-22 2:54 PM

I washed ours a couple of weeks ago but I took the end stops off the track and slid them back on that way.

Maybe yours are different to ours?

John.

No I think they are the same, the only problem is the end stop at right at the end of the track and the track abuts the wall so can't get them out.

Tony Jones - 2007-05-22 3:39 PM

Am I missing something important here? Flyscreens/blinds AND net curtains?

Why not just leave them off?

Tony

I think it's a Continental thing to stop the sun ruining the furniture fabric. It also means that you can get up to all sorts of things without anybody seeing in - if you want to!!!!!! doing jigsaws and reading and that sort of thing *-) *-) *-) *-)

You're missing the point!!!

Just change vans again and let someone else have the hassle of cleaning the curtains.

Lateral thinking is called for here.!!

Then no argie bargies or the need to have a rant will arise.

:-)

Stay cool!!

Thai

Maybe this just illustrates that vans aren't designed around curtain removal.  Damn!  Can't imagine why! 

But if it really was that difficult, why not unscrew the tracks, remove the curtains, do the necessary, replace curtains, and then tracks?  Only about 5 screws per track.

Archived