New Car Discount

Tracker

We had our car serviced today and the salesman told me about a CSMA scheme called 'Boundless' which offers discounts on many things including cars for CSMA members.

It meant a discount of £4667 on a new £27000 car. See website for makers included.

https://www.boundless.co.uk/save-more/griffin

It does not take much to 'qualify' for CSMA membership so it might be worth looking at if you are in the market as a new car for the price of a two year old one ain't bad!

Tracker - 2018-10-29 8:48 PM

I agree, it seems at odds with what the dealer told me but he had an official price list and gave me a written quote. Various makes are listed so it might pay to ask?

Certainly be interesting to gauge their reaction when asking if you can have £4.6k discount on the £27k car. If the answer is "no problem when do you want the car?", it begs the question why the local dealerships can't sell at the same discounted rate. I know they have fancy carpet, potted plants and dolly bird secretaries to maintain....but £4.5k buys one heck of a lot of that. :-S

We didn't go in with the intention of looking at new cars so I was gobsmacked when he produced the well thumbed price list with all the Honda and CSMA logos on it listing every Honda model and it's discount. The higher up the cost and trim scale you looked for each car the bigger the discount.

Unfortunately it seems this current offer ends 31st Oct so there is not much time to decide and it is unknown what or when the next offer will be but he looked on the stock availability list and told us that we could have a new car for December - if we wanted one - and I am not sure that we do!

That said, with a reasonable p/x quote and most, if not all, of the first year's depreiation covered it is kinda hard to resist!

Tracker - 2018-10-29 10:16 PM

We didn't go in with the intention of looking at new cars so I was gobsmacked when he produced the well thumbed price list with all the Honda and CSMA logos on it listing every Honda model and it's discount. The higher up the cost and trim scale you looked for each car the bigger the discount.

Unfortunately it seems this current offer ends 31st Oct so there is not much time to decide and it is unknown what or when the next offer will be but he looked on the stock availability list and told us that we could have a new car for December - if we wanted one - and I am not sure that we do!

That said, with a reasonable p/x quote and most, if not all, of the first year's depreiation covered it is kinda hard to resist!

In my experience, any offer that ends within a few days of you enquiring requires caution.

Also, 6 years ago I saved about £4000 on a £21000 car just by buying online. Not a member of any club, and got the car from a main dealer, including 2 years free servicing honoured without question by my local dealer.

That's fleet buyers discounts, something which some clubs organise, I can get between 4% and 37% discount on Toyotas depending on model but most are 18%. I'm a bit puzzled by the 31st Oct deadline as I thought Toyota set their discounts up to 31st Dec, but then that might only be throu my club.

Tracker - 2018-10-29 10:16 PM

Hi Richie.

Seems you may have found a use for your PPI refund haha

derek

derek pringle - 2018-10-30 8:48 AM

Hi Richie.

Seems you may have found a use for your PPI refund haha

derek

Cheers Derek - the problem is that due to the hefty discount and excellent px we still need to find a way to spend the rest of our PPI 'winnings'!

Life sure is is tough being a pensioner innit!!

No idea how anyone 'qualifies' for all these PPI refunds. Tbh i'm sick of 'em phoning all the time....had one only a couple of hours ago pestering. Some years ago i did 'give in' and agreed to making a claim though i couldn't see how or on what. They sent a bloke round who took detail of my bank accounts and a month later i got a cheque from Nat West for 85 pence. Nothing off either of the other banks.

My son has had a few grand back, but afaik each car he had he'd bought on finance where i've only ever paid cash. The only 'thing' i've ever had which could be termed 'finance' is a mortgage...and that's long been paid off.

Archived