New Franco-Germany Treaty

antony1969

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest pelmetman

I bet this is something all those Remoaners applying for Irish passports for their little darlings didn't consider >:-) ..........

"There has been little media mention of Ireland’s involvement in the developing EU integrated defence policy. This will lead to an eventual EU army and I welcome the Republic’s participation – especially as SF support it. However, one word of caution.

In the longer term the EU army could lead to conscription – it already exists in several EU nations such as Germany – and this would apply to all who have recently applied for Irish passports."

https://www.irishnews.com/opinion/letterstotheeditor/2017/06/29/news/eu-policy-could-lead-to-conscription-1070735/

They'll need them when NI votes for reunification :-| ...........

Brian Kirby - 2019-01-22 3:15 PM

antony1969 - 2019-01-22 2:57 PM...………..What that they live in a "doomed dream world" ??? ... ………….

Translation, please!

EU world ... Bit like living in La-la land or Never-never land , ya know like you remoaner types ... C'mon Brian

Brian Kirby - 2019-01-22 5:31 PM

antony1969 - 2019-01-22 5:09 PM

What that they live in a "doomed dream world"

OK, I'll try again. What does that sentence actually mean? To be clear, it isn't "doomed dream world" bit I don't understand, it is the "What that they live" bit. What does it mean?

They live in a doomed dream world ... It aint difficult

Why is everyone so upset about the prospect of an EU army anyway? Its a great idea! Think about it, us Brits have quite a big army, the fifth biggest in Europe (I think Italy is the biggest but lets face it their tanks have 1 forward and 8 reverse gears) and ours is probably one of the most experienced and battle hardened. If ever there is a war we always have to be in it and some say we have the best trained soldiers in the world so we could end up running it!!! One army for the whole of Europe with us calling the shots! Can you see where I am going with this? All we have to do then is march up to EU HQ in Brussels with a few tanks and take over! No need to Brexit! We are missing a trick here. And people say Im as thick as sh1t! B-)

antony1969 - 2019-01-22 5:48 PM

OK, I'll try again. What does that sentence actually mean? To be clear, it isn't "doomed dream world" bit I don't understand, it is the "What that they live" bit. What does it mean?

Well it was for me, but I only speak English and one other language, and neither could decode what you were getting at. Now I understand: your doomed dream world is merely at war with theirs. Serous! :-D

antony1969 - 2019-01-22 6:25 PM

Two utter losers ... https://www.rte.ie/news/brexit/2019/0122/1024688-france-germany-treaty/ ... Two losers at home and hated by their home nations deciding that the EU needs an army ... Lordy you couldn't make it up

Well, it doesn't, does it? It is a military cooperation pact. You're a bite like Dave, Antony, you don't properly read the links you post.

But it does seem to be politically a badly judged move that has a number of other EU states grumbling about what they see as a Franco-German power grab. I can understand Macron misjudging, he demonstrably lacks experience, but I'm surprised Merkel couldn't see the dangers.

Brian Kirby - 2019-01-22 6:30 PM

Well it was for me, but I only speak English and one other language, and neither could decode what you were getting at. Now I understand: your doomed dream world is merely at war with theirs. Serous! :-D

You understand wrong then Brian ... Im not at war with anyones doomed dream world ... Far from it ... If enjoying watching an empire crumble is me being at war in your view then I suppose so be it

You could not make it up could you? *-)

He says Europe is useless compared to the Americans in Military matters yet he wants to cut the USA and Canada adrift and scrap with Russia without them FFS. The USA has complained for a long time that European countries have spent less and less of GDP on defence. I also watched an episode of This Week on BBC1 that stated German front line aircraft are grounded with faults, many German warships are confined to Port with technical problems and most surprising of all, the newest German Tanks don't work either.

The proposed EU Army was the single biggest deciding factor in me wanting to backheel the EU, they are a joke (especially to Vladimir).

Does anyone know how much soil to put on top of an Anderson shelter to make it Nuclear proof? :-( TIA.

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2019-01-22 5:54 PM

Why is everyone so upset about the prospect of an EU army anyway? Its a great idea! Think about it, us Brits have quite a big army, the fifth biggest in Europe (I think Italy is the biggest but lets face it their tanks have 1 forward and 8 reverse gears) and ours is probably one of the most experienced and battle hardened. If ever there is a war we always have to be in it and some say we have the best trained soldiers in the world so we could end up running it!!! One army for the whole of Europe with us calling the shots! Can you see where I am going with this? All we have to do then is march up to EU HQ in Brussels with a few tanks and take over! No need to Brexit! We are missing a trick here. And people say Im as thick as sh1t! B-)

Yeah lets put all European armed forces under the command of the EU......aka....... Germany ;-) .........

What could go wrong? 8-) ...........

747 - 2019-01-22 8:18 PM

You could not make it up could you? *-)

He says Europe is useless compared to the Americans in Military matters yet he wants to cut the USA and Canada adrift and scrap with Russia without them FFS. The USA has complained for a long time that European countries have spent less and less of GDP on defence. I also watched an episode of This Week on BBC1 that stated German front line aircraft are grounded with faults, many German warships are confined to Port with technical problems and most surprising of all, the newest German Tanks don't work either.

The proposed EU Army was the single biggest deciding factor in me wanting to backheel the EU, they are a joke (especially to Vladimir).

Does anyone know how much soil to put on top of an Anderson shelter to make it Nuclear proof? :-( TIA.

No need for soil young un ... Simply paint with solar reflective film to protect from the heat and borrow a pair of Barrys used undies ... Get the crane fella to spread his krankies over the shelter , breaking em where required if they wont bend

Can someone explain to me why an EU army which would be presumably similar to NATO just without that nutter currently in the White House calling the shots would be such a bad idea?

I cant see how it would ever come off or why its even needed but why are people so opposed to it? I made a joke earlier about it but maybe there is some truth in it. We are a major military force in Europe with a lot of experience, we work well within NATO now and I dont see people complaining about being in that. They would all probably have to learn English for a kick off! :D

I see a full blown EU army as likely to happen as Turkey joining the EU was to be honest. Some sort of military pact maybe and we already have them in Europe.

Barryd999 - 2019-01-23 11:13 AM

I see a full blown EU army as likely to happen as Turkey joining the EU was to be honest. Some sort of military pact maybe and we already have them in Europe.

If the USA continues to withdraw from it ' leading world role ' - as is very likely if Trump is re-elected - then I would think that an EU army is more than likely - sooner or later.

The problem will be that all the different EU countries have different priorities - but mutual defence could bring them together.

:-|

antony1969 - 2019-01-22 7:04 PM

Brian Kirby - 2019-01-22 6:30 PM

You understand wrong then Brian ... Im not at war with anyones doomed dream world ... Far from it ... If enjoying watching an empire crumble is me being at war in your view then I suppose so be it

Just conjured an image of the "war of the dream worlds", that's all! :-D

Can someone explain to me why an EU army which would be presumably similar to NATO just without that nutter currently in the White House calling the shots would be such a bad idea?...……………..

I'll tell you why I think it is a bad idea, Barry, to the extent that I think it is completely unworkable. In a word: command. Who gives the order to mobilise the army, against which foe? Someone needs to be authorised to do so. There are (presently) 28 member states in the EU. I simply don't foresee how they can all arrive at a common commitment to attack, when/if necessary. By the time the decision had been made, the present favourite foe's tanks would be in Lisbon!

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2019-01-23 1:15 PM

Can someone explain to me why an EU army which would be presumably similar to NATO just without that nutter currently in the White House calling the shots would be such a bad idea?...……………..

I'll tell you why I think it is a bad idea, Barry, to the extent that I think it is completely unworkable. In a word: command. Who gives the order to mobilise the army, against which foe? Someone needs to be authorised to do so. There are (presently) 28 member states in the EU. I simply don't foresee how they can all arrive at a common commitment to attack, when/if necessary. By the time the decision had been made, the present favourite foe's tanks would be in Lisbon!

Any decisions will be made by the country that runs the EU...........Germany *-) ..........

BTW.......That other language you speak wouldn't be Deutsch would it? ;-) ...........

Brian Kirby - 2019-01-23 1:15 PM

Well for those reasons it probably wont happen then but even if it did there would almost certainly be an opt out. NATO is a collection of similar countries, who makes the decisions there when its time to go to war? Anyway history shows us that when it kicks of countries such as the UK and the USA just do their own thing regardless even if its against the UN.

I dunno but I am sure those that are so opposed to it have some vision of our British soldiers going around in vehicles with EU Flags on them or dressed in Gold and blue uniforms. Im not sure thats quite how it would be.

Archived