New Free Mobile Phones.

Hymer C 9.

Daily Mail 30/10 page 20.

Briefly it says free calls & text messages via the internet. The service launched by the phone network 3 & web chat company 'Skype'. Buy phone for £50:00 and have free calls to other 'Skype' members worldwide.Goes on sale on Friday this week. Calls to non-'Skype' are charged at usual rate of10p to 30p per minute.Notably, users will be expected to spend at least £10:00 per month on non-internet calls in order to access the free service.

Do not think I will bother as I do not know any one who is on the'Skype' network!!!

Regards Mike

We have Skype... and I regularly Skype my family and friends that have it too.... and I don't have a handset that was free or otherwise - we have headphones and a web cam (so the dog can wave at the kids etc!).

Its great - apart from the fact I usually have to phone my sister on her landline first to get her to get online to Skype her!!!

I've never used Skype and so I have no idea what the advantages are. I assume that most people use PCs with Broadband connections, and should therefore be able to use MSN Messenger. A simple system, just plug in your webcam and microphone and you can chat face to face with anyone in the world, at no cost.

Archived