New member saying hello

Tourershine

Good evening everyone, my name is Paul and I am a huge forum user. I was told about this forum by a customer of mine (hello Pete if your reading this) he rants and raves about your forum, so I thought I would see what all the fuss is about. A bit about me... I own a 2008 Bailey pageant provence, tow it with a Bmw 530d touring and run a business called Tourershine, this specializes in exterior detailing on caravans and motorhomes. As well as joining in as many threads I can, I am also happy to answer any questions about exterior detailing. I look forward to getting stuck in.

Oh and I have put this thread in here because I could not find a topic for introductions.

Hello and welcome. But please don't mention your company too much as some on here are a bit sensitive about such things as covert advertisig. :D

Tourershine - 2009-08-12 9:22 PM

Good start. I was just telling people who and what I am about.

Hello and welcome.

I think Peter is just referring / drawing your attention to the " Acceptable use policy " of the forum, i.e. No adverts and no commercial postings.

Other than that you can ( almost ) talk about anything you like !

;-)

Hi Paul - welcome to the mad house ... I see some of the 'residents' have already come out to play! *-)

Peter is one of the grumpty old gits of the forum (howdy Peter :D ;-) ) , there are a few of them here so don't let them put you off, it's good of you to offer to help others with your expertise - you'll find there are a few other professional 'experts' on the forum too who are also helpful to others.

Now, one word of warning ... watch out for Janine ... she'll lull you into a false sense of security and then by the time you realise what the true Janine is like ... it'll be too late ... she'll get her mate Joy to join in and you'll be totally and hopelessly at their mercy! :$ You have been warned!!! :D

Hi Paul & welcome. B-)

We have certainly gained from our time on here - from travel to practical help - not to mention the hours of amusing reading. ;-)

This has to be the friendliest forum as well as the easiest to use - you will have fun here I'm sure.

Jenny :-D

Guest Tracker

Hi Paul and welcome to the madhouse.

There is nowt wrong with letting it be known about your 'field of expertise' as there are several on here who not only offer sound advice but gain some trade as well as 'recompense' for their time and knowledge.

Listen you lot! I've never moaned about anybody advertising on here for canoes or anything else for that matter. But I was warning the guy that there are a few who will.

So if anyone wants a satellite dish fitted, a bathroom re-designed and fitted out or turfing and block paving doing, then I'm your man, at very good rates. Cash only, up front of course. (lol) :-> :->

Hello Paul and welcome.

Business plugs? Coo, I thought you were taking a major risk confessing to being a tugger!;-) :-D

Is "motorhome detailing" marketing speak for "go faster stripes" or is it the fancy piccies I sometimes see on the back of vans' large, white rear ends? I recently saw a huge wolf emblazoned on a van and it looked very impressive, but a tad overt for us shy, retiring Southern Types.

Bob

Detailing is another word for exterior valeting, the detailing part would normally mean it's not just a quick wash with soap and a splash of tyre shine. It's all about the details, imagine how you would want your vehicle to look like if it had a full day of loving spent on it doing every little detail on the exterior. That's basicly what I do. Nothing to do with naff stickers of dragons or go slower stripes.

A detailer is a business that goes alot further than a normal valet and you have to be very much a perfectionist and enjoy your work because it's not easy.

I hope this explanes and I am still not advertising covertly!

Guest Tracker

And there was me thinking that a detailer was the guy on the Isle of Man who de-tailed all the cats!

Go on then Paul - tell us all where you are based - just in case someone wants you to make his van look like new - just as long as that does not include fitting the latest gearbox too!

As I said in the start, I was told about this forum by a customer and one of your forum members. Not sure what his name is on here but sure if either Peter or Julie see this thread then they more suited to say if I am as good as i think I am. After all I would never blow my own trumpet !

ROON - 2009-08-18 5:32 PM

Hya Paul. Nice to meet you to meet you nice. Don';t believe all you read on these forums - or on others about us - we are the height of decorum....

Peter, is there anything else you are good at? >:-)

Hi Roon, Yes, winding up Tracker, and repairing cars etc including spraying.

My wife thinks I'm rather good at the breast stroke and the back stroke, but the crawl is my fort'e. :D

Archived