Newbury Show

michele

Hiya Michele. Normal day admission is £4.50 per person with the C.C. offering discount vouchers of 2 for £6. We normally go for a long weekend but to many committments and the weather forcast looks rough as well. :-(

Thanks Howie,

Fancy just being O&A I finally found it on the forum £4.50.

only wanted to go for the day but we have one of the children just wanted to try him out in the van and walking around see how he is and take in some of the show if possible . It's only 90 miles for us .

You have a nice weekend and I hope all the people going don't get to upset re the weather . ;-)

Enjoy all the shows Michele, but trudging around when its wet and windy depositing mud everywhere dont appeal to me anymore. The youngster should enjoy it though with plenty to keep him occupied, so wrap up warm and give it a go.

Hi Michele,

Yup we are going to Newbury on Saturday for the day. We thought we would give it a miss this year but today friends said they were going did we want to go. Well now we are retired plenty of time to do what we want so we is going. Oh and the weather forcast is now better could be showers on Saturday.

David

Hi michele,

Leg is fine, able to do quite long walks now.

But had a serious operation on one eye 2 weeks ago that seems to be improving, it will be several months before I know if I have good vison in that eye. Not back driving yet but hopefully soon.

I will keep one eye out for you on Saturday.

David.

Sorry to here that David i hope that all will be well for you and I hope you heal well after your op Dadhas just found out he has Macular degeneration ? sod's law.

We should of went tonight but I got stuck on the M11 and you have to be there by 9 so we wouldn't of made it . taking the little boy with us he has Autisim so hoping he copes well with his first M/H trip . I do hope so as its such a life line with these children to get O&A..

take care look out for us.

Hi Michele, Don't know if you're bothering after all as the weather is pretty grotty. I'm sitting in my 'van watching the rain come down at 45 degrees due to the wind blowing a pretty constant gale. Using my mobile phone as a modem for the laptop, this is cool! (lol) (lol)

D.

Dave Newell - 2007-05-12 12:39 PM Hi Michele, Don't know if you're bothering after all as the weather is pretty grotty. I'm sitting in my 'van watching the rain come down at 45 degrees due to the wind blowing a pretty constant gale. Using my mobile phone as a modem for the laptop, this is cool! (lol) (lol) D.

Wait till you see the bill!  :-)

David ,

At the show? God we went I managedto meet David Dwight lovely man.

He spotted our reg and came and knocked on the door.

It rained all day bloody misrable not really lots there nearly spent £500 on one of those Fiamma privacy room awaning side and fronts .

have a Safari horrible thing out of the packet once . Just wondering if we should change it . The only thing is abit worried about the wind getting up a tearing the Fiamma?....Anyone got one do's & dont's?

Worth it or not

Hi All,

Just got back from Newbury and I am trying very hard not to be annoyed with myself. Arrived early Saturday morning and had (WELL DIDNT HAVE TO)to pay £30 for one night and access into the show. Our friends arrived Thursday and only had to pay £34. The trouble is we had to go to work until Friday unlike most people we know. Its alright for some.

I shall be complaining.

Brian Kirby - 2007-05-12 4:13 PM
Dave Newell - 2007-05-12 12:39 PM Hi Michele, Don't know if you're bothering after all as the weather is pretty grotty. I'm sitting in my 'van watching the rain come down at 45 degrees due to the wind blowing a pretty constant gale. Using my mobile phone as a modem for the laptop, this is cool! (lol) (lol) D.

Wait till you see the bill! :-)

Actually Brian its not as bad as you might think. I'm on PAYG with T Mobile and they now do a deal where you can surf all day for just £1, yes that's one pound Sterling. With 3G giving close to low broadband speeds its cool!D.

Dave Newell - 2007-05-12 12:39 PM

Hi Michele, Don't know if you're bothering after all as the weather is pretty grotty. I'm sitting in my 'van watching the rain come down at 45 degrees due to the wind blowing a pretty constant gale. Using my mobile phone as a modem for the laptop, this is cool! (lol) (lol)

D.

Hi Dave. Never go to shows if the weathers bad, but as a trader does this make a drop in attendances really noticeable.

Hi Howie, I don't have a stand at the shows but we attewnd to meet up with others from the MMM editorial team (Clive, Don Madge, Roy Pledger etc). Speaking to the traders who were there some said it had been ok, some good, some poor. I guess it just depends what you're selling.

D.

Archived