Nicholas and Alexandra

ROON

wow wow wow... Next Tuesday night another programme on this brilliant true story.... no matter how many times or versions I see I never tire of it.... why, I wonder..... Anyway.... apparently new dna evidence has come to light and I can't wait to watch this programme.... just hope I am not disappointed..... Doubt that Rasputin's part will be gone into in much detail, but oh there are so many individual aspects to this that I never fail to be moved ... so excited.

Is there anyone else, fascinated in this magical mystery/love hate/historical story.... who will be joining me on the settee.?

I'll join you roon. Always fascinated by an unresolved mystery. The fascination of that royal family and their tragic deaths is they were who they were, they were a handsome family and there were children involved and also the mystery of the possible survival of Anastasia. Guess the Diana story will be resurrected time and time again over the years - conspiracy theory will always be there.

Oh, so glad Boots. Thought I was going to be on my own.

Yes, they found out that that lady wasn't Anastasia didn't they, just a peasant girl .... but wow what a clever, cunning peasant girl she must have been.. The dna testing didn't come into play properly until just after she had died.

I'm wondering too whether Rasputin will play much of a part in Tuesday's feature..

Ooooh, there is so much to find out, and as you say, so much mystery along with the love story of the TZar and tzaress (and dare we say it possibly Rasputin).

Joy

ROON - 2008-07-19 7:24 PM

wow wow wow... Next Tuesday night another programme on this brilliant true story.... no matter how many times or versions I see I never tire of it.... why, I wonder..... Anyway.... apparently new dna evidence has come to light and I can't wait to watch this programme.... just hope I am not disappointed..... Doubt that Rasputin's part will be gone into in much detail, but oh there are so many individual aspects to this that I never fail to be moved ... so excited.

Is there anyone else, fascinated in this magical mystery/love hate/historical story.... who will be joining me on the settee.?

Dnt want to spoil it for you Roon, it was the butler that did it.

Mick H.

It was in an interview with a historian, who I must admit I thought was involved in the programme, but the latest DNA evidence shows that all the Tsars' family were killed in the cellar and there were no survivors. The thnking behind such myths is that they were started by supporters of the Tsar to rally support abroad in case there could be another revolution.

Archived