Nicola Sturgeon strutting her stuff

StuartO

Am I the only one who's irritated by Ms Sturgeon's daily TV shows and the coverage they are getting?

She wants an independant Scotland so I suppose it makes sense from her viewpoint to be as conspicuous as possible and to create the impression that she's running her Country - and technically speaking I suppose you've got to acknowledge that she's handling the bulls**ting opportunity very well.

But Scotland has less than 10% of the UK population and a daily lunchtime TV slot which is similar in style and scope t the UK five o'clock briefings, stealing the thunder when she gets the chance, is driving me to switch the TV off as soon as she appears.

If NS thinks that Scotland could cope in a world without the support of the UK, or the EU, then she is deluded.

If she thinks a 'free' Scotland would be allowed into the EU so that the EU makes up the financial shortfall paid for by the British parliament then she remains deluded.

Post Coronavirus a new world order may well emerge where the strong survive and the weak struggle and whilst I am happy for England to carry on subsidising our fellow countrymen, and women, North of the border, not having to do so would make our lives that much easier.

So if she can sell her delusions to the Scottish people - good luck with that - but I don't think the Scots, bless 'em, are that daft.

But if they do vote for independence then I wish them well as we wave the financial burden bye bye.

Their future - their choice.

Meanwhile the remote control enables us to not watch anything we dislike - which don't leave a lot!!

Despite the misguided efforts of the police, interpreting social isolation rules as suits them, we still live in a free country, and you have the right to switch off!! If you lived in Scotland, you may be quite interested that your leader has air time.

Well her talk of independence has certainly got the English Government bribing the Scots with even more of your money to buy their votes :D

She is far more popular here than BoJo, but BoJo is the one giving us your money :-S

The Government sees its first duty as defending the Government, so they will pay any amount of your money to keep Faslane :D (Even if they can't use it because BoJo is still clinging on to the power to use it whilst he is out of action)

So I'll keep enjoying all the things that are free in Scotland, that you have to pay for :D

John52 - 2020-04-11 6:26 AM

Well her talk of independence has certainly got the English Government bribing the Scots with even more of your money to buy their votes :D

The Government sees its first duty as defending the Government, so they will pay any amount of your money to keep Faslane :D (Even if they can't use it because BoJo is still clinging on to the power to use it whilst he is out of action)

So I'll keep enjoying all the things that are free in Scotland, that you have to pay for :D

Makes one wonder why your so bitter all the time if you get lots of free stuff

Birdbrain - 2020-04-11 6:30 AM

What's bitter about all these I posted :D :D :D

John52 - 2020-04-11 6:33 AM

Shall we start with "English Government" ... Explain ??? or is it just racism or just bitterness , you choose

Birdbrain - 2020-04-11 6:40 AM

Shall we start with "English Government" ... Explain ??? or is it just racism or just bitterness , you choose

Its not racism or bitterness to state which Government one is talking about.

Saying 'English Government' differentiates it from the other Governments it sends your money to, in order to maintain Her Unelected Majesty's & BoJo's Empire. i'e Scottish Government :D , Irish Government, Welsh Government, Gibraltar Government, Her Unelected Majesty's Tax Havens where BoJo's friends in the media keep all their £billions etc etc

John52 - 2020-04-11 7:47 AM

Birdbrain - 2020-04-11 6:40 AM

Its not racism or bitterness to state which Government one is talking about.

Saying 'English Government' differentiates it from the other Governments it sends your money to, in order to maintain Her Unelected Majesty's & BoJo's Empire. i'e Scottish Government :D , Irish Government, Welsh Government, Gibraltar Government, Her Unelected Majesty's Tax Havens where BoJo's friends in the media keep all their £billions etc etc

UK taxpayer money or bungs as you call them goes to the UK and is provided by a UK Government ... Its not difficult to grasp ... Unless hate blinds you of course

John52 - 2020-04-11 7:47 AMIts not racism or bitterness to state which Government one is talking about.Saying 'English Government' differentiates it from .....

There is of course no such thing as an English Government, any more than there is an Alba Government or a Scottish Government, although there is a Scottish Parliament which has devolved regional powers.  To be accurate you should refer to our United Kingdom Government, unless of course you are merely seeking to make a partisan point.

Birdbrain - 2020-04-11 9:14 AM

UK taxpayer money or bungs as you call them goes to the UK and is provided by a UK Government ... Its not difficult to grasp ..

Not equally - like the bungs to the DUP to buy Tory votes, Government spending per head is higher in Scotland and Wales to keep us as part of BoJo's empire .

So things you have to pay for, we get for free

John52 - 2020-04-11 9:39 PM

UK taxpayer money or bungs as you call them goes to the UK and is provided by a UK Government ... Its not difficult to grasp ..

Not equally - like the bungs to the DUP to buy Tory votes, Government spending per head is higher in Scotland and Wales to keep us as part of BoJo's empire .

But it wasn't equal long before "BoJo" ... You are the one who supposedly gets stuff "for free" so why are you so bitter about it , no one else is whinging about it just you so whats your problem ???

Birdbrain - 2020-04-12 6:44 AM

But it wasn't equal long before "BoJo" ... You are the one who supposedly gets stuff "for free" so why are you so bitter about it , no one else is whinging about it just you so whats your problem ???

I'm alright but I don't think its fair on others

John52 - 2020-04-13 9:02 PM

Birdbrain - 2020-04-12 6:44 AM

I'm alright but I don't think its fair on others

No one else is complaining so maybe you don't need to mention it again

Archived