Nintendo Wii, anyone else got one?

davenewellhome

Hi all, last year our son bought himself a Wii. Now I've never been very into games consoles and computer games as I have a very low boredom threshold but when tr5ed the W55 sports (ten pin bowling, golf, tennis etc) I found it was great fun, I even bought Tiger Woods golf for it and thoroughly enjoyed playing it.

Of course the problem was that it was our sons console so it was in his dungeon of a bedroom mostly. To solve this problem I bought one last week and it came with Wii sports, Rayman and Super Mario karting. I am amazed that I enjoy playing the karting game so much! Its also great fun to be able to play against each other and our son via wifi from his machine and even against people around the world via wifi internet connection.

So, anyone else got one? I have heard that some nursing homes have them as it is a great way for the residents to get some excercise.

D.

we have promised to get one for ben and harry next Christmas, we bought them ds lights this year and I ended up buying another so we could all race against on mario karts, i agree great fun good for the van and the journeys too trouble is ben in particular likes it so much if we let him he would play all day long. though it is a good way of making him eat all is dinner. if I cant wait until Christmas ill pm you for a race once im up to speed.

Never tried one myself Dave but interesting to see some old peoples homes etc. using them as a form of exercise for old timers.

Big problems with keeping them physically fit and mentally active, and these Wii,s are proving a big success in achieving this, and as said, proving to be addictive as well.

Not what the manufactures had in mind perhaps, but a successful spinoff all the same.

You'd all die laughing if I tried playing anything like that.

I have absolutely no co-ordination, and my evil son used to make me play Micromachines on his games console to entertain his friends.

I was OK going round half the track, but the other half was a mirror image & I couldn't do it *-)

(I hasten to add that I have the best driving record of anyone I know)

J9withdogs - 2008-04-19 1:55 PM. I was OK going round half the track, but the other half was a mirror image & I couldn't do it *-) (I hasten to add that I have the best driving record of anyone I know)

Janine

I thought all you ladies were good with mirror images, as you put on your make up using little hand held mirrors. It's us guys that are supposed to be no good with mirror images. Tried it once and almost poked my B****Y eye out.http://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/images/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Thai

Colleague at work has just bought one, she was at her friends house a week ago and had a go on hers, she said she hadn't laughed so much for ages and the exercise she got at the same time made it worth her getting one to loose weight (she's a bit porky!). They have now brought out a new fitness 'game', specifically so you can use it to get fit - they'll be doing a Wii diets regime and cooking programem soon I bet!

As for mirror images, no problem with that, I can cut my hair by looking in the mirror, hubby just has to do the very back (no I do NOT have eyes in the back of my head). I don't do make-up, eyebrow plucking is a pain though, had to get a magnifying mirror so I can see the hairs to pluck out otherwise I'll end up with bald patches! :D

K&D - 2008-04-19 9:52 AM

we have promised to get one for ben and harry next Christmas, we bought them ds lights this year and I ended up buying another so we could all race against on mario karts, i agree great fun good for the van and the journeys too trouble is ben in particular likes it so much if we let him he would play all day long. though it is a good way of making him eat all is dinner. if I cant wait until Christmas ill pm you for a race once im up to speed.

Deano, I'd get one well before Chrimbo as they're likely to go back to limited availability around then and the price goes up to silly levels. Never mind getting it for the kids for christmas, get one NOW for all the family :D . Mrs D has been out today and bought a second controller so we can play against each other (we've been using our son's second controller up till now), once I've had a bath and got settled for the evening we're going to play a four way race challenge, him and his GF upstairs and me and Mrs D down here (they're already playing but I felt I ought to check up on who's saying what about who first :D .

D.

My grandchildren have them and they are a great laugh at parties! we were playing at a Christmas party round my daughters it was a running rabbit I think !carrying a bomb ! to tell the truth I had had one too many but I still managed to beat the lot of them even though I could hardly see the screen and wasnt at all sure what I was supposed to be doing just running with these battens in my hands and they were all screaming me on.  I like the football game as well talk about second childhood.

peter - 2008-04-19 11:51 PM I've got better things to do than playing silly computor games. Well you did ask. :D

You dont play it on a Computer Peter it plugs into the television its an interactive thing you can play golf, football, scateboard,  it isnt silly just different.

K&D - 2008-04-20 4:05 PM
peter - 2008-04-19 11:51 PM I've got better things to do than playing silly computor games. Well you did ask. :D
what does float your boat then pete.

With Peter it's "Fly Fishing". Just like moi.http://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/images/emoticons/icon_lol.gif

Thai

Archived