No Deal odds are improving........

Guest pelmetman

Guest pelmetman
antony1969 - 2018-10-26 3:57 PM

It can't be true ... Like Barry says a no deal scenario isn't legal .... It can't happen he's told us so ... Barry needs to send an email

Yeah he better write to his MP........Coz he's been lied too :D .........

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2018-10-26 6:11 PM

Wont happen. Bluff and bluster and someone will blink at the last minute. My bet is its us. Probably end up having to stay in SM and CU which we will be told is temporary but of course it wont be.

I guess we'll find out in a 153 days :D ..........

Tick Tock, Tick Tock goes the Brexit clock B-) ......

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2018-10-26 10:11 PM

It isn't unless they tear up the Withdrawal agreement and go back on everything they have said about NI. Of course its bluff.

Ooop's more bad news in Barryland :D ...........

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-latest-no-deal-house-of-commons-legal-veto-parliament-meaningful-vote-theresa-may-a8603541.html

pelmetman - 2018-10-29 8:23 AM

It isn't unless they tear up the Withdrawal agreement and go back on everything they have said about NI. Of course its bluff.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-latest-no-deal-house-of-commons-legal-veto-parliament-meaningful-vote-theresa-may-a8603541.html

Like I Said they would then be breaking the withdrawal agreement on NI. If this is what happens though it will topple the government and probably lead to an election and Corbyn Government or even better a second vote. Both would require an A50 extension which the EU said we can have for either event.

Barryd999 - 2018-10-29 10:39 AM

Like I Said they would then be breaking the withdrawal agreement on NI. If this is what happens though it will topple the government and probably lead to an election and Corbyn Government or even better a second vote. Both would require an A50 extension which the EU said we can have for either event.

Will it still mean POTUS Trump takes over the NHS and privatises it all and kills us all with his dodgy chickens ... I need to make plans

antony1969 - 2018-10-29 12:56 PM

Will it still mean POTUS Trump takes over the NHS and privatises it all and kills us all with his dodgy chickens ... I need to make plans

Ill bet my house on it.

Just seem this post elsewhere on Social media in response to this latest article.

"MPs are required to vote on a motion setting out the deal - not passing that motion leaves the government with the following options:

a. press ahead regardless - extremely high risk of litigation due to Miller case (government can't use PR to change legislation impacting on peoples' rights etc.), no way of getting EU Withdrawal Agreement Bill through Parliament (Bill doesn't pass = Withdrawal Treaty can't be ratified), extremely high likelihood of vote of no confidence. Any and all of that would result a GE or new government being formed by default which means the EU would agree to an extension of A50.

b. change course and piss off ERG and possibly DUP and rely on cross-party support. Government can't function post Brexit so government eventually falls

c. put the matter back to the people.

The fact is that the government cannot legally and/or politically bypass a majority of MPs and simply allow the treaties to "cease to apply" on March 29. It can also not allow a border in Ireland under the EUWA 2018 and the GFA.

So really May is stuck... hence her bet to kick the can, create panic surrounding no deal (for example again today with Hammond's announcement that the budget is dependent on a good deal and that an entirely new budget would be required in case of no deal) and to force MPs in believing that her deal vs. no deal is the only option."

Guest pelmetman

You read way tooooo much biased media Barry :D ..........

Barryd999 - 2018-10-29 2:14 PM

Just seem this post elsewhere on Social media in response to this latest article.

"MPs are required to vote on a motion setting out the deal - not passing that motion leaves the government with the following options:

a. press ahead regardless - extremely high risk of litigation due to Miller case (government can't use PR to change legislation impacting on peoples' rights etc.), no way of getting EU Withdrawal Agreement Bill through Parliament (Bill doesn't pass = Withdrawal Treaty can't be ratified), extremely high likelihood of vote of no confidence. Any and all of that would result a GE or new government being formed by default which means the EU would agree to an extension of A50.

b. change course and piss off ERG and possibly DUP and rely on cross-party support. Government can't function post Brexit so government eventually falls

c. put the matter back to the people.

The fact is that the government cannot legally and/or politically bypass a majority of MPs and simply allow the treaties to "cease to apply" on March 29. It can also not allow a border in Ireland under the EUWA 2018 and the GFA.

So really May is stuck... hence her bet to kick the can, create panic surrounding no deal (for example again today with Hammond's announcement that the budget is dependent on a good deal and that an entirely new budget would be required in case of no deal) and to force MPs in believing that her deal vs. no deal is the only option."

Tomorrow is only 150 days from freedom ... Tick tock tick tock

Oh here you go! Your Brexiteer hero and PM in waiting Bumbling Boris on flogging off our NHS.

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/uk/2018/10/commons-confidential-chris-grayling-s-welcoming-party

"An explosive private call by Boris Johnson proposing a local hospital’s privatisation has inflamed fears that the NHS would be up for sale after Brexit and a trade deal with Trump. The increasingly right-whinge enemy of public services growled “can’t we get some sort of American company to take it over?” during a meeting on ailing Hillingdon Hospital with junior health minister James O’Shaughnessy and NHS bosses earlier this month. My snout with the medical bag whispered that Johnson is far more ideologically extreme behind closed doors than he dares sound in public. Had a “privatise the NHS” truth, rather than a £350m lie, been emblazoned down the side of the Brexit bus, the result would have been very different. "

Daniel Hannan has also been on Fox denouncing our NHS as inferior to US healthcare. Tbe Tories cant wait to privatise it. Make no mistake,post Brexit there will be no NHS to worry about giving the imaginary £350m to.

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2018-10-29 9:49 PM

Oh here you go! Your Brexiteer hero and PM in waiting Bumbling Boris on flogging off our NHS.

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/uk/2018/10/commons-confidential-chris-grayling-s-welcoming-party

"An explosive private call by Boris Johnson proposing a local hospital’s privatisation has inflamed fears that the NHS would be up for sale after Brexit and a trade deal with Trump. The increasingly right-whinge enemy of public services growled “can’t we get some sort of American company to take it over?” during a meeting on ailing Hillingdon Hospital with junior health minister James O’Shaughnessy and NHS bosses earlier this month. My snout with the medical bag whispered that Johnson is far more ideologically extreme behind closed doors than he dares sound in public. Had a “privatise the NHS” truth, rather than a £350m lie, been emblazoned down the side of the Brexit bus, the result would have been very different. "

Daniel Hannan has also been on Fox denouncing our NHS as inferior to US healthcare. Tbe Tories cant wait to privatise it. Make no mistake,post Brexit there will be no NHS to worry about giving the imaginary £350m to.

Tittle tattle from a left wing journo *-) ...........Is that the best you can do Barry :D ..........

Oh I think it will be true Dave. Boris is well known for his off camera gaffs. "Fcuk Business" etc.

There are a fair few Tories on record saying they would privatise the NHS. Its also true that Trump and the USA have long had their greedy little eyes on it and wanting to sell us their drugs.

Doesnt take an idiot to work out which way its going. Tories want to sell of the NHS, Fox wants us to be the 51st State of America. Trump wants our NHS, country strapped after Brexit. Can you see where this is going?

Start saving for your healthcare plan now.

Barryd999 - 2018-10-30 2:05 PM

Oh I think it will be true Dave. Boris is well known for his off camera gaffs. "Fcuk Business" etc.

There are a fair few Tories on record saying they would privatise the NHS. Its also true that Trump and the USA have long had their greedy little eyes on it and wanting to sell us their drugs.

Doesnt take an idiot to work out which way its going. Tories want to sell of the NHS, Fox wants us to be the 51st State of America. Trump wants our NHS, country strapped after Brexit. Can you see where this is going?

I can see "where this is going" ... Hollywood ... It's like a ruddy conspiracy theory ... Jeez Barry breathe man

antony1969 - 2018-10-30 3:29 PM

I can see "where this is going" ... Hollywood ... It's like a ruddy conspiracy theory ... Jeez Barry breathe man

You reckon?

Earlier in the year in the commons Vince (Electric) Cable asked Theresa May “Can she give an absolute guarantee that, in those negotiations, the NHS will be excluded from their scope, can she confirm that, in her conversations with President Trump, she has made it absolutely clear to him the NHS is not for sale?”

But, in her reply, Theresa said "it was too early to judge what “requirements” the US would have in those post Brexit trade talks". Why did she not rule it out there and then?

Its been clear for a while that a prime objective of Washington in any trade deal is access to our health service and clear that the Tories want to privatise it. Even a Brexiteer can do the maths on this one.

Tell you what though, what would the result have been if the big red bus had said "We send the EU £350m a week, lets Sell Trump our NHS instead?

Barryd999 - 2018-10-30 5:13 PM

You reckon?

Earlier in the year in the commons Vince (Electric) Cable asked Theresa May “Can she give an absolute guarantee that, in those negotiations, the NHS will be excluded from their scope, can she confirm that, in her conversations with President Trump, she has made it absolutely clear to him the NHS is not for sale?”

But, in her reply, Theresa said "it was too early to judge what “requirements” the US would have in those post Brexit trade talks". Why did she not rule it out there and then?

Its been clear for a while that a prime objective of Washington in any trade deal is access to our health service and clear that the Tories want to privatise it. Even a Brexiteer can do the maths on this one.

Tell you what though, what would the result have been if the big red bus had said "We send the EU £350m a week, lets Sell Trump our NHS instead?

So your NHS for sale theory sits on our PM not giving Vince Cable (ye who) the answer you wanted ??? ... Im sure POTUS Trump sits up all night hoping to bag our NHS ... You dedicate way too much of your life to what was on that big red bus Barry ... What would the result have been if millions/thousands hadn't been conned into the immediate recession lie ???

antony1969 - 2018-10-30 5:46 PM

You reckon?

So your NHS for sale theory sits on our PM not giving Vince Cable (ye who) the answer you wanted ??? ... Im sure POTUS Trump sits up all night hoping to bag our NHS ... You dedicate way too much of your life to what was on that big red bus Barry ... What would the result have been if millions/thousands hadn't been conned into the immediate recession lie ???

You should bookmark this thread. Come back to it in a few years time (assuming Brexit goes ahead). I expect the Germans never thought in 1938 what the next six years would bring. Im not comparing WW2 with Brexit but knee jerk change with no planning whatsoever and sailing off on the good ship Ideology always ends in tears. It will start with the pharmaceuticals I suspect.

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2018-10-31 9:06 AM

antony1969 - 2018-10-30 5:46 PM

You reckon?

You should bookmark this thread. Come back to it in a few years time (assuming Brexit goes ahead). I expect the Germans never thought in 1938 what the next six years would bring. Im not comparing WW2 with Brexit but knee jerk change with no planning whatsoever and sailing off on the good ship Ideology always ends in tears. It will start with the pharmaceuticals I suspect.

Actually I think a No Deal Brexit will be a damp squid ;-) ..........

I suspect the only thing queuing at our ports will be hard core Brexiteers :D ..........

As all the Remoaner panic bosun's will be hiding behind their sofa's (lol) .........

Archived