No deal is dead.......They said.......

Guest pelmetman

They've been saying that a deal is unlikely throughout - but I'm pleased to see that UK is standing its ground over the fishing rights. Clearly the EU want to keep fishing in UK waters and they want to button up their rights to do so for a long time. Much better to let then have a little bit for one year at a time while the UK fishing fleet builds up again.

Birdbrain - 2020-07-23 5:05 PM

Which political expert with his finger on the pulse of EU/UK politics claimed No Deal is dead ???

It would have been had they not given in to Johnsons lies and gave him the election when he wanted it.

Getting excited about "No deal" being a good thing is a bit like getting excited about seeing the value of your house drop by 100% or losing half your life savings. I am gonna take a wild guess that none of you are Hedge fund investors. Maybe you should be. (lol)

Barryd999 - 2020-07-23 5:17 PM

Birdbrain - 2020-07-23 5:05 PM

Which political expert with his finger on the pulse of EU/UK politics claimed No Deal is dead ???

It would have been had they not given in to Johnsons lies and gave him the election when he wanted it.

Getting excited about "No deal" being a good thing is a bit like getting excited about seeing the value of your house drop by 100% or losing half your life savings. I am gonna take a wild guess that none of you are Hedge fund investors. Maybe you should be. (lol)

"It would have been" ... But I got it wrong ... Chuckle

The thing I don't understand is how people can think the EU will give us a better deal as a non member than we had as a member, encouraging everyone else to leave.

Do they think Britain is stronger than the other 27 countries put together, and can dictate its terms *-)

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2020-07-24 12:27 AM

The thing I don't understand is how people can think the EU will give us a better deal as a non member than we had as a member, encouraging everyone else to leave.

Do they think Britain is stronger than the other 27 countries put together, and can dictate its terms *-)

As of midnight on the 31st December we will have a much better deal.......Deal or No Deal >:-) .......

• 2 months later...

An Australian style deal!!! Wahay!!! Those good ole Aussies eh? A no nonsense good ole Boys country eh? That will appeal to the Gammons. Lets be like Australia! With their strict no nonsense points system (designed to encourage immigration because Australia is actually truly multicultural) and a good old no nonsense Australian style Trade deal (Australia does not have a deal with the EU by the way so thats a No Deal then) *-)

Odd as Johnson did tell us that firstly the chances of no deal were a million to one just before he got elected and that we would be leaving with his "oven Ready Brexit deal". That cant be right then surely! Bizarre.

Good luck trying to blame the EU as well you enormous Hoofwankingbungle****.

John52 - 2020-07-24 12:27 AM

I'm not sure anyone is expecting a better deal,just a different deal.

I think in many ways we are stronger than probably 95%of other eu countries. Negotiation is about compromise, from both sides, so it is perfectly possible to have a deal.

jumpstart - 2020-10-16 8:02 PM

I think in many ways we are stronger than probably 95%of other eu countries. .

Try telling that to the ratings agencies.

Moodys have just downgraded UK again.

(Among other things like the £3 billion unaccounted for in our funds,) they cited

(Bojo's) failure “to manage change in a predictable and confidence-building manner is evident with respect to the UK’s approach to Brexit, in its inability to achieve an outcome which meaningfully replicates the benefits of EU membership and in its approach to implementing the agreement reached with the EU to date”.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2020/oct/16/uk-credit-rating-downgraded-by-moodys-amid-growth-concerns

John52 - 2020-10-17 5:09 AM

jumpstart - 2020-10-16 8:02 PM

I think in many ways we are stronger than probably 95%of other eu countries. .

Try telling that to the ratings agencies.

Moodys have just downgraded UK again.

(Among other things like the £3 billion unaccounted for in our funds,) they cited

(Bojo's) failure “to manage change in a predictable and confidence-building manner is evident with respect to the UK’s approach to Brexit, in its inability to achieve an outcome which meaningfully replicates the benefits of EU membership and in its approach to implementing the agreement reached with the EU to date”.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2020/oct/16/uk-credit-rating-downgraded-by-moodys-amid-growth-concerns

Certainly not helpful. Boris hasn’t helped either, but then if you are looking at leaders in the Eu hardly any are any better.

It’s laughable that the Eu doesn’t want us to cherry pick...but oh they want the same Fishing policy implemented, oh and don’t change the Agricultural Policy , oh and a level playing field .

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2020-10-16 6:22 PM

An Australian style deal!!! Wahay!!! Those good ole Aussies eh? A no nonsense good ole Boys country eh? That will appeal to the Gammons. Lets be like Australia! With their strict no nonsense points system (designed to encourage immigration because Australia is actually truly multicultural) and a good old no nonsense Australian style Trade deal (Australia does not have a deal with the EU by the way so thats a No Deal then) *-)

Odd as Johnson did tell us that firstly the chances of no deal were a million to one just before he got elected and that we would be leaving with his "oven Ready Brexit deal". That cant be right then surely! Bizarre.

Snigger >:-) .........

Where's Gina when you need her (lol) (lol) (lol) ..........

pelmetman - 2020-10-17 9:21 AM

Enjoying being a wealthy business woman I imagine and like most remainers probably making sure they are Johnson and Brexit proof for the coming storm. Its the Brexiteers that will suffer most from this reckless action not the remainers. The remainers will be around of course to remind them just why it is they are on the dole, losing their houses and eating substandard food from the USA and God knows where. Actually scrap the food from the USA. It looks like that trade deal with them is toast.

pelmetman - 2020-10-17 9:21 AM

Enjoying being a wealthy business woman I imagine and like most remainers probably making sure they are Johnson and Brexit proof for the coming storm. Its the Brexiteers that will suffer most from this reckless action not the remainers. The remainers will be around of course to remind them just why it is they are on the dole, losing their houses and eating substandard food from the USA and God knows where. Actually scrap the food from the USA. It looks like that trade deal with them is toast.

Archived