You are logged in as a guest. 
  Home Forums Home  Search our Forums Search our Forums    Log in to the Forums Log in to the Forums  register Register on the Forums  

Forums ->  General Chat -> Chatterbox
Jump to page : FirstPrevious 1 2 3 4 Last
Format:  Go
No ovens!!!
AuthorMessage
usercaraprof
Posted: 23 May 2007 9:31 PM
Subject: RE: No ovens!!!

Thank you Michele, I'm happy to butt out. I would just ask in future that people stop having an unprovoked go at me. Just because I like to debate there is no reason why, if you don't agree with me, that you should insult me because of imagined slights in the past.

If you have a go at me, you can expect a vigorous response, but please, by all means debate strongly with me as long as it's on the actual subject and not about how, because I want to express a contrary opinion, that I somehow wish to deny you yours, which I never have and never will.

usermichele
Posted: 23 May 2007 9:40 PM

Frank ,
I did not mean for you to butt out !

Actually quite the contuary ? probably spelt wrong Sorry ..

If you feel you have it right then by all means defend yourself.
However if Clive feels he has it right he has to defend himself also.

So if the kind people Butt out we will all sit back & watch this space and we can judge for ourself ....Afterall we are supposed to be adults on here.

So you & Clive will either sort it!, or not one way or the other it will be put to bed... Let the battle commence
usertwooks
Posted: 23 May 2007 10:41 PM

I think Michele's point was valid, and was not a personal attack on anyone -
this thread has degenerated into a slanging match - like so many others have done.
It gives the forum a bad name, reflects poorly on the other users, and is, imo, a complete and absolute bore.
If anyone wants to play in the kindergarten, spit the dummy, take their ball home then by all means do so, just do it off thread - in pms preferably, although this will not give the attention that is so clearly being sought, or in a separate thread where the childish tantrums can be avoided by anyone with a mental and emotional age greater than 2.

PS Is Sandy still around - or run screaming for cover?
userpeter
Posted: 23 May 2007 10:57 PM

Flushed Frank Wilkinson out at last. He has given the game away by the use of one word. That being "traduce" in one of the above threads, He is the only person on here that has ever used it, and many times. So stand up and take a bow Frank.

As for your accusation that I was advocating that nobody should have an oven. I have stated several times that I don't care one way or the other. I merely asked the question "Who needs an oven" to which anyone could have answered in a rational way. Your'e the one that said it was silly discussing the matter as anyone with any sense would have one. If that's not trying to say that anybody who doesn't have one is stupid, I don't know what is.
usertwooks
Posted: 23 May 2007 11:00 PM

Pleeeaaaasssse, pretty please

nighty night
userpeter
Posted: 23 May 2007 11:04 PM

twooks - 2007-05-23 11:00 PM

Pleeeaaaasssse, pretty please

nighty night
What do you mean Twooks? Frank hasn't even got warmed up yet.
usercaraprof
Posted: 23 May 2007 11:04 PM

I just give in! Where did I say that anyone with any sense would have one? What I said was that there is no argument that it is better to have one than not to have one, which is very different. If you have one, you may not use it, but you still have the choice?

If you don't have one, you have no choice. The simplest amongst us can understand that!

By all means, choose not to have an oven, but please don't then try to convince the rest of us that they are not necessary!

They are necessary for some of us. Some of us even go out and buy portable ones!
usertwooks
Posted: 23 May 2007 11:12 PM

userpeter
Posted: 23 May 2007 11:25 PM

caraprof - 2007-05-23 11:04 PM

They are necessary for some of us. Some of us even go out and buy portable ones!
I reckon your'e jealous of my portable oven Frank. As you keep berrating me for having one. As a matter of fact I originally bought it for my old Caravan for when we were on hookup to save gas. So when we got a MH it seemed a waste to sit it in the garage so sometimes take it with us. If you want one, they are on offer at Lidl's from time to time. If you like I'll P.M you next time it occurrs.

Edited by peter 2007-05-23 11:44 PM
userCliveH
Posted: 24 May 2007 6:20 AM

Lord of the posts

Shame some people never seem to have heard of the good advice:-

"When you are already in a hole - stop digging!"
usercaraprof
Posted: 24 May 2007 6:29 AM

CliveH - 2007-05-24 6:20 AM

Shame some people never seem to have heard of the good advice:-

"When you are already in a hole - stop digging!"

So why are you, idiot?
userBrian Kirby
Posted: 24 May 2007 3:03 PM

Sad, is it not, that when some folk encounter an opinion that is counter to their own, they are unable to accept it is just that - an opinion. 

Even sadder, is that they then attack the holder of the opinion, rather than engaging with the opinion itself.  The holder bites back, and we're all off again down one of those interminably boring, destructive, uninformative exchanges of actual, and veiled, insults - with teddies flying in all directions.

Come on guys, these exchanges make no useful contribution to anyone else's knowledge - they are just silly, petty, private, argumets, that get pursued in public.  All this does is drive everyone else away, because the volume of the row blots out their attempts at reasoned discussion.  It ends up being about as illuminating as a brawl in a pub, and as unpleasant.  Peace be upon you all, PLEASE.  Now, can I just get back to my pint!

userCliveH
Posted: 24 May 2007 3:53 PM

Lord of the posts

Brian

I agree with all that you say - and I like a pint in peace as well!

But I have to admit that my post above re "stop dogging" was very much a test of Caraprof/Franks state of mind.

It was not aimed at anyone - indeed it actually made more sense if it was aimed at Peter (it wasn't) - who could have been construed as having dug a whole for himself over the issue of not having an Oven - then going out and buying a portable one!

(As if any of us really care?)

But was does Craprof do?

Takes it as a personal insult.

Now from a psychological viewpoint this is interesting in that it indicates that whatever anyone says - Caraprof is going to take umbrage because he wants to.

I suggest we just let him get on with it.

Sits back and waits for a bucketful of vitriol and bile from our pet grumpy old man!

Now - Where is my Pint?
userDave Newell
Posted: 24 May 2007 4:39 PM

Forum master

For goodness sake you lot grow up! Nobody but you (CliveH, Caraprof and Peter) actually gives a damn who started it, you're all guilty of continuing it when all it needs is far all three of you to just GIVE IT A REST!!!!!

D.
userCliveH
Posted: 24 May 2007 4:54 PM

Lord of the posts

That is all very well for you to say Dave - but i came on here having been away for a great w/e in the caravan - used the gas BBG outside and the Oven when it was raining and so I felt I had a valid contribution!

My reward?

Being called a Fascist by someone who it seems has already been banned for stunningly bad behaviour and obnoxious language and who revels in being childishly obtuse.

I am sorry if my robust defence offends you - but as it seems like anything goes on this Forum - I suggest you get used to it!
userMandy&Andy
Posted: 24 May 2007 5:15 PM

Treasured contributor

And people wondered why I didn't get into the bread tray debate.

this thread says it all!!!

Mandy
userCliveH
Posted: 24 May 2007 5:32 PM

Lord of the posts

Well really Mandy!

If you are going to be so rude as to bring up the VERY Subject!!!!!! of (Shock Horror Probe!!!!)

BREAD TRAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What hope have anyofus got!

God help us and save us from the ijiots
userhowie
Posted: 24 May 2007 5:55 PM

Mandy&Andy - 2007-05-24 5:15 PM

And people wondered why I didn't get into the bread tray debate.

this thread says it all!!!

Mandy
Ear ear. Anything in the oven at the moment Mandy.
usermichele
Posted: 24 May 2007 6:06 PM

LOL well as its a free for all...
userhowie
Posted: 24 May 2007 6:13 PM

Only trying to get back to the original thread mush. Now if you don't i,m going to reply to Twooksies latest lewd and suggestive pm.
usercaraprof
Posted: 24 May 2007 7:24 PM

CliveH - 2007-05-24 4:54 PM

That is all very well for you to say Dave - but i came on here having been away for a great w/e in the caravan - used the gas BBG outside and the Oven when it was raining and so I felt I had a valid contribution!

My reward?

Being called a Fascist by someone who it seems has already been banned for stunningly bad behaviour and obnoxious language and who revels in being childishly obtuse.

I am sorry if my robust defence offends you - but as it seems like anything goes on this Forum - I suggest you get used to it!

Just so everyone knows, this was your 'valid contribution'.

CliveH wrote:

As for Ovens!!!!!!!!!!!!

From what I have read - I suggest the best thing Caraprof/Frank could do would be to stick his head in one!

Do we really need such a childish wind-up merchant on what is an excellent Forum.

Ends

Now, prior to that I had no connection with you whatsoever. I'd been engaged in a debate with Peter, where I'd abused no one but simply put an argument on why it is better to have an oven than not have one.

Peter was very rude in a reply to me and if there was any row going on it was with him.

You then chirp in with your offensive post as detailed above.

Now you are all innocent! It's me that's to blame all over again!

I repeat, you are an offensive hypocrite who is totally partisan in his attitude to some members of this site but not to others. Peter can say all the rude things that he wants, but I, who hadn't been nasty to anyone, get a barrage from him and then from you.

Once again I warn you, you mealy-mouthed moron, start a row and be offensive to me only if I first do the same to you. But when I haven't even mentioned your name, when I haven't been rude to anyone, please do not. If you do, you know what to expect.

And to all the others who are chipping in, I'm sorry to inform you that I will not slink away whilst idiots like CliveH attack me for no reason, apart from the fact that they don't like me. Which by the way worries me not one hoot!
usermichele
Posted: 24 May 2007 7:27 PM

I like you Frank....There its out in the open .
userCliveH
Posted: 24 May 2007 8:03 PM

Lord of the posts

Caraprof/Frank pr whoever you are

Take a chill pill mate

All that reppressed anger will do for you one day!

The head in the oven comment was a joke!

Only someone of with real problems could possibly take it seriously.

Get some help man

usertwooks
Posted: 24 May 2007 10:05 PM

howie - 2007-05-24 6:13 PM

Only trying to get back to the original thread mush. Now if you don't i,m going to reply to Twooksies latest lewd and suggestive pm.

wasn't me honest - I've been slaving over a PC - defragging n spybotting n firewalling n stuff; any lewd messages must've come from Titillating Words of Tunbridge Wells and his buddies Boring of Bolton n Childish of Coventry n Disgusting of Daventry n Nauseating of Northampton

usertwooks
Posted: 24 May 2007 10:06 PM

michele - 2007-05-24 7:27 PM

I like you Frank....There its out in the open .

or even out of the oven

userpeter
Posted: 24 May 2007 10:19 PM

CliveH - 2007-05-24 3:53 PM

Brian

But I have to admit that my post above re "stop dogging" was very much a test of Caraprof/Franks state of mind.

Now - Where is my Pint?
Clive, are you acusing caraprof of "Dogging" now? I know he's a bit weird but I didn't know he was into Kinky sexual behaviour.
userCliveH
Posted: 24 May 2007 10:38 PM

Lord of the posts

Hi Peter

I would like to say that this was a highly inteligent play on "spelling"

However - in all honesty - it was just me hitting the adjacent key on the QWERTY keyboard.

But I have to say that there may have been a modicum of subliminal input when it came to "Crapof"

userpeter
Posted: 24 May 2007 10:41 PM

CliveH - 2007-05-24 3:53 PM

Brian

It was not aimed at anyone - indeed it actually made more sense if it was aimed at Peter (it wasn't) - who could have been construed as having dug a whole for himself over the issue of not having an Oven - then going out and buying a portable one!.

Sits back and waits for a bucketful of vitriol and bile from our pet grumpy old man!

Now - Where is my Pint?
Sorry Clive, but I didn't go out and buy one to use in my M.H. As I have stated above, I already had it for my ex Caravan for use on hookup to save gas. So, Caraprof has no grounds to aim anything at me. Your the one who said what everyone else was thinking, about heads in ovens.
Anyone who doesn't like the argumentative tone that this thread has taken doesn't have to read it do they.
But you can't help yourselves can you? it's like a soap opera, that you have to see the next installment.
usermaggyd
Posted: 24 May 2007 10:46 PM

Forum master

Is this a private fight or can ANY CHILD join in??
userBazza454
Posted: 24 May 2007 10:48 PM

Epic contributor

Brian Kirby - 2007-05-24 3:03 PM

Sad, is it not, that when some folk encounter an opinion that is counter to their own, they are unable to accept it is just that - an opinion. 

Even sadder, is that they then attack the holder of the opinion, rather than engaging with the opinion itself.  The holder bites back, and we're all off again down one of those interminably boring, destructive, uninformative exchanges of actual, and veiled, insults - with teddies flying in all directions.

Come on guys, these exchanges make no useful contribution to anyone else's knowledge - they are just silly, petty, private, argumets, that get pursued in public.  All this does is drive everyone else away, because the volume of the row blots out their attempts at reasoned discussion.  It ends up being about as illuminating as a brawl in a pub, and as unpleasant.  Peace be upon you all, PLEASE.  Now, can I just get back to my pint!

As usual it takes Brian or Dave N to bring a bit of common sense to these slanging matches (debates) - Chill Guys - There's more important things going on out there.....

Jump to page : FirstPrevious 1 2 3 4 Last
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)(Return to Homepage)

Any problems? Contact the administrator