Nobel Peace Prize.

Guest Tracker

Guest Tracker

What a travesty. Al Gore getting a share of the peace prize, an Oscar and lots of free publicity for his badly presented and flawed piece of film that is not even his own work.

Any comments folks?

Guest Tracker
You did but it disappeared sometime so I thought I would register my protest at it's disappearance by reviving it again - not that I'm argumentative you know?

Guest Tracker
J9withdogs - 2007-10-16 9:08 PM

Well at least you can't put Al Gore and politics in the same sentence, whilst keeping a straight face, so I guess you'll be OK, Rich :D

Ah so my face is straight after all then?

Al Gore is not a politician - he's an opportunist!

I am always wary of politicians - especially when a group of them in the UK insists that our children see a deeply flawed film on so called "Global Warming" so they can scare the sh*t out of our kids to make them more malleable for the future "Good of The Planet" tax hikes.

Thank goodness for people like Stewart Dimmock and Mr Justice Barton.

This with the virtually secret admission from NASA that the Global temperatures they published were all wrong and that 1998 was NOT the warmest year! - 1934 was! means that the Global warming gravy train is about to be derailed.

I hope you find it all as interesting as I do. Not least because all this cr*p is giving the lie to the politicos to charge us, say, £2000 a year to have a vehicle to tow our caravans.

This from the web news service - List:-

An Inconvenient Truth: judge identifies ‘nine errors’ in Gore film

• Publication: List.co.uk

• Date: 11 October 2007

A High Court judge has said that Al Gore’s Oscar winning documentary on climate change contains ‘nine scientific errors’ - but can be shown in schools if accompanied by information giving the other side of the argument.

Mr Justice Barton said there are elements of ‘alarmism and exaggeration’ throughout the film, used to support Gore’s arguments on global warming.

He added that the ‘apocalyptic vision’ displayed by the film is not an impartial analyses of climate change.

The case was brought to court after Kent school governor Stewart Dimmock attempted to ban the film from secondary schools.

It was laid down that teachers should point out controversial elements of the documentary, and without this guidance the government would be breaking the law.

The controversial sections include claims that global warming is ‘shutting down the ocean conveyor’ - the process which carries the Gulf Stream to western Europe.

This has been rejected by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC), who say that it shutting down entirely is unlikely.

The organisation did concede that it might slow down however.

Mr Gore also asserted that polar bears are drowning as they are forced to swim vast distances to find ice. The judge said there was no real evidence to support this claim, other than a study showing that four polar bears were found drowned after a storm.

The judge said the film was ‘powerful, dramatically presented and highly professionally produced’, but that its accuracy was measured by Gore’s ‘charismatic presence’.

He added that - aside from the errors - the arguments made in the documentary were well supported by journals and the IPCC.

The film has been sent to all secondary schools in the UK.

End

So I wonder if this will be on the schools agenda when the film is shown as it seems that as well as the 9 porkies identified in the film, a lot of the other data is somewhsy flawed as well.

Because it is a little known fact that most of the annual temperatures reported are not raw data from weather stations, but are corrected by a computer program to adjust for many factors that could affect the raw data. It is now being said that the temperatures NASA reported that indicated Global Warming, and that Global Warming is accelerating due to man-made greenhouse gasses were erroneous, Apparently a Y2K related bug in the adjustment program made things look much worse than they are.

What right wing-nut Exxon sucking mouth breathing Neanderthal is saying this I hear the great unwashed eco warriors cry?

NASA itself it seems!

In a quiet correction (no press conferences, no handouts to the media), NASA has changed all the corrected temperatures for the last century, Almost all of them from recent decades corrected downwards, admitting that previous graphs had been in error.

You can search NASA or NOAA websites to confirm.

I do not know about you but I am getting really tired of being taken for a mug. >:-(

Archived